Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

what do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 06:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a tile contractor. Work with designers and home owners to make their dreams come true. Almost exclusivley high end custom homes. It's a challenge for sure to make a shower surround or nice kitchen actually work within the parameters of the dimensions available. Frustrating, challenging, I tend to hate it, but it's the groove my life is in. And it's the only thing I can do VERY well to make good money. Ive' done work for Robert Redford, Donny Osmond, Marie Osmond, Mike Wier (masters champ) Steve Young and many more local well to do's...

Master bath project, tough bending the tiles to tub contours, lots of cutting

Here the whole end of the dining room opens to the outside,installing the stone flooring here. Entrada Golf resort home

Old 05-17-2012, 07:00 PM

I am retired from the Department of Corrections in Mass I was A plumber in a female prison need I say more. Retired in July of 2011 screwed around for the rest of the summer then cold weather came I was bored silly .So I just happened into a parts store looking for a part for my 2001 SS and asked if they needed any help they said yes and now drive motor parts around.All the drivers I have met are all retiredso I guess this is were all the retired guys go it is a blast.So I was out of work for whole three months.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:32 PM

IT worker...Wintel and VMware...

Old 05-17-2012, 07:47 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Well for tax purposes i do mantaince for a local business but really i do custom work to cars mainly paint work

Old 05-17-2012, 08:06 PM

I'm a Manager of a Mongollian Grill at Upper Iowa University. Hope to change jobs once I find the right one. Hoping for a sales job at Birdnow dealerships but who knows. Currently been working for UIU about 3 1/2 - 4 years total tool me 1 year with the new company to become manager of the grill. Still waiting on better pay though lmao $10.20 don't do a whole lot for me.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tech department at this place...

Caesars Windsor

Old 05-17-2012, 08:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
maniac i'll be in your shoes one day. Im in college to get a bachelors in computer information systems. But right now, for a little over 1.5 years i was a cashier at a grocery story and i grew to hate it so i worked on a transfer. Now im in my 4th week working on the overnight stock crew. Much better, more pay and alot less frustration.
lol!! My first job was working for about a year as a bag boy at a grociery store I could walk to (as I got the job before my driver's license, back in about '96-'97 time frame). After almost a year I asked to do something different (I wanted to join the stock crew because they always looked like they had the best time in the store). Instead I became a cashier for about 5-6 months (last few months of my time there I worked part time at the grocery store whatever hours I wanted they gave me because I was reliable PLUS I began working part time at my first I.T. job for STERIS Corporation).

I.T. has REALLY evolved BIG time since I started (most places did not have an "Information Security" department back then for one example).

Old 05-17-2012, 08:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Right now I'm a student at Iowa State University pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Just completed my first year. Didn't do as well as I thought I should so I will be retaking a few classes this summer and fall. Could possibly set me back a little but I should have no problem meeting my expected graduation date by taking a few summer classes each year.

For a job I work at a grille/cafe on campus which is known as "The Hub". Justin (the other Justin which is also an ISU Student, Engineering major as well LOL) may be familiar with my place of work

Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 PM

Well I am a Super Senior, 1 more semester, at Clemson University. I am pursuing a degree in Audio Engineering with a minor in Technical Theatre to become a: Master Rigger, Lighting Tech, Carpenter, Flymen and every other thing possible in the theatre world. I work on campus in the theatre. Sometimes I work with expensive audio equipment or I am about 90 feet in the air; loading brick on line sets, setting rigging pick points, or focusing lights.

Old 05-18-2012, 12:13 AM

I'm an auto tech, after work i go work on more cars, helped build a few nasty 3800's and a 1985 firebird with a fuel injected turbo 383 stroker... somehow managed to make it's way into CarCraft magazine without my friend knowing, they took pictures of it at CarCraft Nationals 2011 and he didn't know until his sister said his car was in CC

Quick Reply: what do you do for a living?