Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

what do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default what do you do for a living?

idk if there is a thread for this or not i did a quick search and didnt find one so i thought it would be fun to know what everyone does. if there is a thread on this delete it and steer me to it please

ill start

i work at gray wireline, we do cement bond logs and perforating on marcellus shale natural gas wells.

i play with explosives and big toys

this is 1 of our perforating trucks:

this is 1 of our cranes:

Old 05-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Im a scaffold builder. Hate the people I work for but love hanging scaffolds hundreds of feet in midair, the rush is amazing.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I work as a I.T. guy. Been a PC Tech for a while, these days a Server Admin. I've got an Associates in Computer science from a local community college, hold an MCSE/MCSA in Windows 2000 and 2003 server, currently pursuing the 2008R2 upgrade exams (I need to step it up before the next server product retires them).

Now doesn't that sound like a corny, geeky paragraph for a dating game show....

Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

maniac i'll be in your shoes one day. Im in college to get a bachelors in computer information systems. But right now, for a little over 1.5 years i was a cashier at a grocery story and i grew to hate it so i worked on a transfer. Now im in my 4th week working on the overnight stock crew. Much better, more pay and alot less frustration.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:56 PM

i work at a chlorine plant on the west coast. everything i come in contact with will and can kill u in one way or another. but i get paid very well and have a great schedule. and, its 5 min from home!

Old 05-17-2012, 06:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

What do i do for a living ! Mmmmm. I'd have to stop and think about that! Mmmmm. Lets see I get up in the morning take Ozzie out for his morning walk around the house. Then come in & get on my pc with a cup of coffee. I stay on here any where from an hr to maybe 2 hrs. Then take a shower and eat something. Then watch to weather to see whats its doing here for the day. Then Its all up in the air ! Cause I'm RETIRED . I have to look for something to do. Some times I'm so busy around here. Its just crazy how busy I can get doing absolutely nothing. One day I spent 6 hrs just re arrangeing the whole garage. Then another day Go for a ride in which car is the cleanest. Not much doing some days. That I actually think about get a part time job. I fill my days with staying busy as I want to get. BUT! At 5:00 no matter what its quitting time. Then its dinner and watching my favorite programs on TV.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
What do i do for a living ! Mmmmm. I'd have to stop and think about that! Mmmmm. Lets see I get up in the morning take Ozzie out for his morning walk around the house. Then come in & get on my pc with a cup of coffee. I stay on here any where from an hr to maybe 2 hrs. Then take a shower and eat something. Then watch to weather to see whats its doing here for the day. Then Its all up in the air ! Cause I'm RETIRED . I have to look for something to do. Some times I'm so busy around here. Its just crazy how busy I can get doing absolutely nothing. One day I spent 6 hrs just re arrangeing the whole garage. Then another day Go for a ride in which car is the cleanest. Not much doing some days. That I actually think about get a part time job. I fill my days with staying busy as I want to get. BUT! At 5:00 no matter what its quitting time. Then its dinner and watching my favorite programs on TV.
This sounds great! Too bad I'm only 21...I've got a long ways to go

Currently I'm a design engineer at a company that makes agriculture sprayers. I like it because I get to make stuff! It's only a temporary job though because I have to go back to school in the fall to finish my engineering degree. I'm sure I'll be a design engineer after that too

Old 05-17-2012, 06:26 PM

I work for Chevrolet-Cadillac Parts Department. Love it, I just drive pretty much all day.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thats a job i really need, one where i can just drive around

Old 05-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

I work at United States Postal Service Garage , Work on mail trucks & fleet cars ,Mack trucks ,Been there since 1998 ..before that I worked at an asphalt plant.

Quick Reply: what do you do for a living?