Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

what do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 01:09 AM

I work for Aldi. I am a Cashier/ Stock boy. I have a bachelors in Math with a minor in science from a private NAIA division 1 school I played football for.

Old 05-18-2012, 01:11 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Right now I'm going to school full time at Milwaukee School of Engineering... one of the more pain in the butt schools in the state lol

With that I'm working part-time as a secretary type person for the VP of Enrollment, where I basically do whatever he wants lol

I'm also working full time at a machine shop for my girlfriend's dad.

On the side I do some flipping of car parts along with headlight and taillight restoration and tinting. Flipping of car parts consists of buying used headlights and tail lights for cheap and cleaning them up and reselling.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:24 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm a tech at a toyota dealer.I the guy that gets to replace frames in the tacomas and tundras.It's about as close to my dream jobs as I'm going to get around here.Love to restore/build old school muscle cars.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

I am an I.T. geek too. I work for Metaldyne. We make parts for automotive manufactures globaly. I mainly do EDI (Electronic Data Interface) with all the major manufacturers, banks and our suppliers.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by The_Maniac
lol!! My first job was working for about a year as a bag boy at a grociery store I could walk to (as I got the job before my driver's license, back in about '96-'97 time frame). After almost a year I asked to do something different (I wanted to join the stock crew because they always looked like they had the best time in the store). Instead I became a cashier for about 5-6 months (last few months of my time there I worked part time at the grocery store whatever hours I wanted they gave me because I was reliable PLUS I began working part time at my first I.T. job for STERIS Corporation).

I.T. has REALLY evolved BIG time since I started (most places did not have an "Information Security" department back then for one example).
Computers and technology have evolved immensely in just the past 10 years and i only see it continuing to grow. So hopefully i'll be getting into a good field. Most people in my class are doign this because its where the money is, im doing it because i like it

Old 05-18-2012, 09:10 PM

Lots of IT people on here huh?

As for me, I'm a Quality Engineer for one of the world's largest defense contractors. Right now, my programs include mostly soft goods- parachute systems, soft body armor inserts, load carriage pieces, etc- but I assist with hard body armor occasionally when the need arises.

It is very intellectually stimulating, the variety of projects is nice too- keeps you on your toes.

Sorry no pics- it's not allowed.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:04 PM

Hey bumpin that sounds like awsome work man!, everybody is doing really cool work on here I personally grew up in oshawa where the general motors plant is located my entire family has been working there through the past 3 generations from cousins to aunts for the past 9 years I have worked at general motors 5 years as a student worker, and now I am fulltime employee and also a liscensed carpeter.
I've been on the line installing tires, exhausts, brake lines, tail lights, trannys fills, motor line jobs, everything you can think of in the chasis department for the past years including the gastank I installed on my very on monte carlo I later purchased. I've been on the line for the past years through the monte carlo, impala, equinox, and where I currently work underbody I install brake lines on the the camaro line where we build all models of the new camaro including the ZL1, the new turbo buick regal, and the new cadillac xts!

Old 05-18-2012, 11:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

What a great thread... I am a District Manager for Shoppers Drug Mart/Home Health Care for British Columbia and Alberta (the West is my playground)... I too like driving, thank god for the odd flight as these are 2 huge provinces... lol...

Old 05-18-2012, 11:35 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I work for a company called William Frick & Co. We do trade show banners and vinyl wraps for Snap Tool cabinets. We also do RFID tags, custom signs, reflective labels, warning labels and namplates.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:40 PM

Hey awsomeSS that sounds like a really cool job looking at your car is that why you have such awsome decals all done yourself? Haha

Quick Reply: what do you do for a living?