Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>What did you get from `Santa ?<

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 09:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hurry up were all in suspense.

Old 12-28-2013, 09:59 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Hurry up were all in suspense.

LoL 'Mel >

Old 12-29-2013, 02:58 PM

Got the usual gifts (gift cards, clothes, DVDs, etc)- but the coolest thing by far is what my parents got me: they're going to pay for me to take a class at Bondurant driving school!

I drive by it every day going to work, so I'm super excited to go!

Old 12-29-2013, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
Got the usual gifts (gift cards, clothes, DVDs, etc)- but the coolest thing by far is what my parents got me: they're going to pay for me to take a class at Bondurant driving school!

Wow very cool!

Old 12-29-2013, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by bumpin96monte

You have 2 have the coolest best parents in the World 4>Sure...Do they want to adopt a 'kid >
Which course will U take ? Keep us updated> please > Thank You

Click on the vehicle you'd like to drive.

See All Cars

Bondurant Videos

Get RSS Feed

Bondurant 45th Anniversary Video

Pirelli World-Challenge Bondurant Feature

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 12-29-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by SpaceRider
Which course will U take ? Keep us updated> please > Thank You
Space- I just registered yesterday for an early February class. I ended up going with the 'high performance driving' class:

High Performance Driving | Bondurant.com

I talked to the guy for a bit, and it sounded like the 'entry level' courses (the Performance Driving Challenge and Experience) were not what I was looking for. Supposedly, the classes are about 70 people- and there is very little individual instruction. Plus, about half the class is spent driving/watching the karts (which I'm not as interested in).

With this course, the instructor ratio is a lot better (supposedly 1 instructor to 3 drivers)- plus they use the skid control car to teach you the basics. They have a CTS set up with 4 outriggers with wheels to lift the front or rear of the car to lower grip to the tires at that end to simulate near ice like conditions. It is supposed to help you learn how to keep the car just within the limits by making the limit occur so much lower.

I got the idea to do this course from going to Exotics Racing in Vegas. Out there- you get 5 laps in any of a range of supercars, and I had an absolute blast! The upside is you get to drive dream cars, people can't believe that I've driven some of the cars I have. The downside is 5 laps with an instructor just isn't very much time to make long lasting driving improvements, plus the limits of those cars are so high- that you never really get to the level to really push the cars to the max. It also gets crazy expensive quick when you start adding more cars and laps!

I'll post up an update in the OT section when I get done with the course- I'm super excited!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

My wife got me a Canon Rebel T3i -$$$$ !!!!

I was very surprised because I did really want one, but it was way to much money for me to ever ask for it. I got a decent bundle with it which includes some camera lessons so I can learn how to use the thing.

I think I got a decent camera eye and an awesome subject with the BudChev. The BudChev has been published in 4 different calendars now, all with different photos I've taken myself with 2 different Canon models, but never a DSLR. These photos are about to get better...