Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>What did you get from `Santa ?<

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 11:47 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question >What did you get from `Santa ?<

Hi Member's,
What did 'Santa bring you this Christmas ?

All I wished for was a New Stingray, but I guess
he couldn't find me again this year or he
knew that I've been Bad > LOL

Please post & share your gifts > 'Joy
-------------------------------------------

Chevrolet Corvette Stingray

• Base price: $51,000

This is a car that performs as well as ones costing twice as much while offering comfort, features and fuel economy even the exotics can't match. The Stingray is, without question, one of the best cars I had the privilege of driving this year

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 12-26-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

The Mrs. knowing that I wanted one, got me a Real Floor Jack! 1.5 Ton. And light enough So I can keep it in the trunk.
Santa knows, more tools will always make J.C. a happy man. And it makes it easier to work on Her Lexus too! Lol.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

I got a nice mechanic tool kit, some lighting products for red and some other odds and ends. The real present this year was pitching in with my siblings to purchase my dad a vintage gibson les-paul goldtop, exactly the same kind as the one he sold 15+ years ago to feed our family for a few weeks when we were living out of our van. Needless to say fortune has recently smiled on us and untill he opened the guitar case he didn't want to believe what was inside. By far the most rewarding gift I have ever given. Just the look on his face when he opened it brought the whooe family to tears.

Old 12-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
I got a nice mechanic tool kit, some lighting products for red and some other odds and ends. The real present this year was pitching in with my siblings to purchase my dad a vintage gibson les-paul goldtop, exactly the same kind as the one he sold 15+ years ago to feed our family for a few weeks when we were living out of our van. Needless to say fortune has recently smiled on us and untill he opened the guitar case he didn't want to believe what was inside. By far the most rewarding gift I have ever given. Just the look on his face when he opened it brought the whooe family to tears.
Man I just love these kind of stories. way to go brothers and sisters, hooking dad back up with a unique Gibson. Made my day to read this story. What a warm feeling it had to have made for the whole family, gave me chills reading the ending. NICE!!!

Old 12-26-2013, 01:05 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Santa gave me a Dremel, razor knives, blades and some Gortex lined gloves.

Name:  nononaughtygif.gif
Views: 18
Size:  31.7 KB

Old 12-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02

Man I just love these kind of stories. way to go brothers and sisters, hooking dad back up with a unique Gibson. Made my day to read this story. What a warm feeling it had to have made for the whole family, gave me chills reading the ending. NICE!!!
It still just is such a powerful moment. These pictures are always small off the phone but this moment pretty much sums up so much of the story of my family's trials and triumphs. Our first year celebrating christmas at our new $750,000 house (what another blessing) and to show my dad how much we appreciate what he sacrificed to raise 8 kids. He talked to me a week ago saying how he a wasn't good enough person to deserve the things that he's gotten (the house and the job he now has) and always so humble and willing to sacrifice it was nice to show him how much it ment to us.

&gt;What did you get from `Santa ?&lt;-forumrunner_20131226_110406.jpg

Last edited by dbaldwin; 12-26-2013 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

I bet, this will be a moment to hold onto. Your father looks truly stunned as he stands there bent over the case. Pondering all the love being showered on him from this simple case. SWEET!!

Old 12-26-2013, 02:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

David:
What a killer gift and loving thing to do for your father... As an ex band member myself...That Gold top Is Priceless to many that know the sounds/magic that Guitar produces and the vibes it gives you inside and out! That's friggn awesome! Makes me wish I was your dad...LOL

Back to the subject at hand...
A new wireless version of Atari... Headband headlamp... Camo Pj's .. (The theme of this years New Years Party).. new, wallet, Tootsie rolls (my fave snack while traveling)lol and the usual T's and Undies...sox etc.... We pretty much have everything we need so replacing the staples is a no brainer...LOL However, Nothing related to the Monte... Other than my already planned modifications.

Hope everyone got everything they needed/wanted for Christmas.

Old 12-26-2013, 02:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member

P.S. Santa Also got me 2 lessons for the Bass Guitar that I have had, but not tried to play, for 9 years. I keep it in good shape. Took it to Sam ash this spring and got it stringed, it was my Uncle's who passed 11 years ago and was only 6 months older than me, and had the neck Straightened. But Santa had to make me Learn!!!!!

Old 12-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by JC Colon`
P.S. Santa Also got me 2 lessons for the Bass Guitar that I have had, but not tried to play, for 9 years. I keep it in good shape. Took it to Sam ash this spring and got it stringed, it was my Uncle's who passed 11 years ago and was only 6 months older than me, and had the neck Straightened. But Santa had to make me Learn!!!!!
Stop it, you men have wonderful stories to tell. JC thats just B.A. that your going to get back into the funk with a bass guitar from a relative that has passed. Carry on the torch for those who can not any longer do so. Sit back and open up, feel his vibes come forth. Glad to see your not writing it off, hope you can give us a short You Tube video in the future with you bending the strings. Take care...

Quick Reply: >What did you get from `Santa ?<