Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

VA TECH

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 07:44 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: VA TECH

well i think the general public wanted to see that...if they would have released that he sent in a video and didn't show it then everyone would have been screaming to see it...

i agree its hard on the familes and everything...i dont think this would something i could get over...it would be with you your entire life...and imagine how the students feel...

unfortunetely its stuff like this that makes our news...people dont want to hear good things..good things dont stay in the headlines as long...

as for being nervous in class rooms i think everyone would be for a little while..but this thing doesn't happen very often(and thank god) so i dont think its anything to worry yourself over

Old 04-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Default RE: VA TECH

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer
Hamm, I understand what you are saying.

On one hand, the media encourages others who seek this negative mega-fame.

On the other hand, people become aware ofhow psychopaths act and brings awareness to the masses.

Tough choice to choose to show this or not I agree.
Yeah, that's what they said on the Today Show this morning before they aired it. That's good and all, but I think the bad outweighs the good in this situation. But maybe someone's eyes will open and they will realize they know someone like that and maybe they'll save a bunch of people. Who knows...

But still, I disagree with showing the videos. Even the investigators they were interviewing were saying they thought the videos were another way he was hurting the victims families, so why show it? I think describing his behavior and what he was like would be a better option. Just my opinion.