Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

10 High-Tech Gadgets

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default 10 High-Tech Gadgets

[:-]Ten High Tech Gadgets [:-]
[sm=chattypair.gif][sm=interesting.gif][sm=chattypair.gif]

The Lexus system can detect and prepare for imminent impact with vehicles and even pedestrians.

Camera and radar technologies can help drivers "see" otherwise hidden vehicles.

New glass darkens with the turn of a ****.

Audi Q7 uses radar to maintain distance from other vehicles.

Next-generation diesel engines promise cleaner emissions.

Available in Europe, Intelligent Park Assist helps Toyota Prius owners on congested streets.

Camera-enabled system helps keep drivers in their lane.

[align=center]Ten High-Tech Gadgets (4 SpaceRider)[/align][align=center][/align]From night vision systems to push-button parking, the 10 latest auto
features on the road today or coming soon.
Just a few years ago, a car that could show you its location on a digital map, take control if you begin to skid, or automatically maintain a set distance from a vehicle in front might have seemed like a glimpse from some far-flung future highway. But these functions are becoming increasingly commonplace in today's vehicles.
What's next? How about cars that can automatically brake to a stop in traffic without the driver ever touching the brake pedal? Or ones that can parallel park themselves at the touch of a button? Or vehicles that brake for a pedestrian, even if you're looking the other way?
Here, we look at 10 of the latest auto technologies that are either already on the road or coming soon. As with most leading-edge features, the majority of these are now available only in higher-priced luxury models, and even then are often expensive options. But, as we've seen with antilock brakes, electronic stability control, and navigation systems, we can expect many to eventually trickle down to mainstream cars. Meanwhile, stay tuned; more are coming all the time.
A car that parks itself
Drivers who find it challenging to parallel park will appreciate Lexus's new Intelligent Park Assist system, an option on the redesigned LS models due in fall 2006. Already available on the Toyota Prius sold in other markets, this system will enable a driver to pull up to an available parking space, press a button, and essentially sit back. The car will then maneuver itself into the space. All the driver needs to do, according to Lexus, is apply a little braking pressure. Unfortunately, the system can't find a parking space for you.
[b]Keeping an eye o

Old 02-28-2007, 10:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: 10 High-Tech Gadgets

yah, i heard about some of these on tv a little while back...that thing where the car is learning to park itself is pretty cool...i hate paralel parking...i can do it...i just dont like to...and something in the car that will get it to do it for you is awesome!!!

and car's that drive them selves?? thats going a little too far i think...i mean it will probably be like that some day and it will be a lot safer to do it that way...but still...i'd rather drive myself right now...

pretty soon were gonna be like all the cars in that movie I robot, cool movie...cool cars, i think thats gonna be the way it is in 100 years, i just wont be around to see it all

Old 02-28-2007, 03:03 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

When a car can offer a high tech gadget like this, I'll buy it. [sm=guilty.gif]

Old 02-28-2007, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]WARNING ADULT CONTENT BELOW[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]
ORIGINAL: rj

When a car can offer a high tech gadget like this, I'll buy it. [sm=guilty.gif]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]RJ, cars do offer them now,[/align][align=center]they are called Air Bags : )[/align][align=center][:-]Example below [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Blow me up Air Bag Doll 4`RJ [/align][align=center]Several options & models[/align][align=center]High Speed Model options starting at $69.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Auto cigarette lighter optionaladaptor4 blow up modelabove[/align][align=center]Go RJ ---LOL[/align][align=center][sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=bounceybounce.gif][sm=alcoholic.gif][/align]

Old 02-28-2007, 03:29 PM

Hey RJ they make a car that comes with one of those it's called a Corvette
corse you'll have to wait till you're about 70 or so and then she'll think
she's found a rich "old" guy with one foot in the grave LOL
plus that when your 70 you'll be able to afford insurance on the "chick magnent"

DINO KY

Old 03-03-2007, 02:48 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ah when I'm 70 I'll be driving this car and the chicks will love it.

These "Air Bags" are enough for me. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 03-15-2007, 01:22 AM

My next hi tech gaget is on ebay... Antenna so I can get my TV stations in.