Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Unbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What's more unbelievable is:
1 - There is a lawyer slimy enough to help this guy with such a case.
2 - The court system will actually let him try this case.

Seriously, how much of a frivolous lawsuit can this be. Let's suspend our emotions for just one moment, let's say the driver in the Tahoe actually did something wrong. Can that something wrong really overrule driving under the influence of various substances? Couple that with, this is NOT the first time he's killed someone with his car?

As I'm writing this, I have to say though, hypothetically, if the Tahoe was doing something wrong, as crappy as it sounds given the condition of the guy at the time of the accident, this jerk has a right to sue. If the Tahoe was driving in a spot they did not legally belong, under the influence or not, if this jerk had the right of way....

Please don't misunderstand my above comment. I still think it's wrong that he's going to sue and someone will defend him on this and our justice system will waste tax payer dollars on a guy who is basically nothing more then a murder due to his driving while under the influence. Apparently jail time and rehab does NOT work for him.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 AM

Tampa Bay Times/Zuma

Copy of a family photo of Denise and Gerard Bassi. The couple was killed, along with Denise's mother, Linda McWilliams in a 2007 Christmas day crash in Hudson, FL (Tampa Bay Times/Zuma).
Why A Convicted Drunk Driver Is Suing His Victims
^ Click 2 read ^

AOL Autos Staff | 1.17.12

Hi `Gregg, I find your post & article very disturbing & sad
It should not be able to happen, but there are so many things in this life that I find should not be happening..

Thanks for posting & sharing....I think soon that we the people will wake `up & get involved in our community's and governments to make things better

p.s. I do dream alot ~> hope a lot ~>pray a lot...
I guess I'm going to have to get off my butt & start acting out my words/thoughts

Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

This is the dumbest lawsuit I ever heard of. Stupidity and greed prevails.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

While it's unfortunate if the lawsuit is within the law the court will have to hear it. This is the problem with our system here in the US. It reminds me of a news story I heard a few years ago. I guy shot an intruder to protect his family and either paralyzed him or killed him and his family sued the homeowner and won. Nothing really surprises me any more.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:18 AM

Gregg, we've had cases like this here in my area. Drunk drivers cause accidents, people get hurt or killed, cops discover drunk has many prior arrests, license had been taken away, drunk goes to jail overnight, leaves jail, gets in car, has another accident. I don't see how any lawyer can defend these drivers and then go home to sleep with themselves.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:50 PM
rj
15 Year Member

title says it all -- unbelievable. Wonder how long it'll be before he's out killing more innocent people with a car. Frickin justice system...
That should read "Injustice System."

Some years ago while driving to work I heard a story of a guy attempting to break in a school (after hours) to steal whatever wasn't bolted down. He didn't see the skylight on the roof, fell through and broke his spine. This left him in a wheel chair. He hired a lawyer to sue the schgool system. Cause there was no sign on the roof reading "CAUTION! Skylight"

He got $2 million out of them.

Old 01-18-2012, 03:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by rj
That should read "Injustice System."

Some years ago while driving to work I heard a story of a guy attempting to break in a school (after hours) to steal whatever wasn't bolted down. He didn't see the skylight on the roof, fell through and broke his spine. This left him in a wheel chair. He hired a lawyer to sue the schgool system. Cause there was no sign on the roof reading "CAUTION! Skylight"

He got $2 million out of them.
That's ridiculous.. at least his spine is broke so he can't be out stealing anymore, assuming he's permanently disabled.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

It's sad that people can get away with doing this or think it's a good idea to sue the victim of there stupidity/action

Old 01-18-2012, 08:14 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That would be hilarious if it wasn't true.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:23 PM

That's crazy, it'll most likely be thrown out, I don't know if your state is a no fault state or not though

Quick Reply: Unbelievable