Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Unbelievable

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Default Unbelievable

While I was at lunch someone left a copy of todays Orlando Sentinel newspaper on the table. It is dated 01/17/2012. On page A6 the headline is this" Driver convicted in fatal DUI sues victim in other car". To summarize the article this guy rearends a Chevy Tahoe stopped at a red light while doing somewhere in the ball park of 85 MPH in his pickup. The driver of the Tahoe dies at the scene. One passenger dies in the ER. Another dies a few days later when removed from life support, and a fourth dies I think a year later having never recovered from the accident. This guys blood test revealed he is well over the state limit for alcohol intoxication. He also has Xanax and cocaine in his system. The accident occured at 2:20 pm on December 25,2007. This guy hasd faced charges of DUI and drug trafficing on more than one occasion and in 1994 killed a pedestrian in another traffic accident. This guy plead guilty to DUI manslaughter and was sentenced to 12 years in prison. From the sound of the article he sounds like a rich kid that refuses to grow up. He is 38 years old. He is sueing the estate of the deceased Tahoe driver for his "pain and suffering, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, and his medical bills". He claims the Tahoe driver was negligent for being in the left turn lane and there fore making a lane change impossible. He is seeking in excess of 15,000 dollars.
This article just makes my blood boil. I think they should take this motherf****r out and shoot him in the town square by firing squad. The family should not even have to deal with this a**hole! Sorry I am venting.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:56 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

That is bs & im sure he will win with the way our law system is screwed up

Old 01-17-2012, 09:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

What a joke!!!!!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 PM

You're kidding right that is horrible!!! The only pain and suffering that guy should have is on his concisence for the lives he so stupidly took!

Old 01-17-2012, 09:05 PM

That one SHOULDN'T even make it to court, but like Mike said, the way our justice system is one never knows.
Yesterday on the news we had a pedestrian victim of a hit and run accident sue the unknown driver. They referred to the unknown driver as "Jan Doe." He figures if they ever find the guy who hit him, he has already won the case. OK...

Old 01-17-2012, 09:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
I think they should take this motherf****r out and shoot him in the town square by firing squad. The family should not even have to deal with this a**hole!
Couldn't agree more... I say make him endure a little pain before shooting him though but that's just because I can't stand when these kind of people take innocent lives.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:01 PM
Zen

I just don't understand how some people think.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by BlackRainSS
You're kidding right that is horrible!!! The only pain and suffering that guy should have is on his concisence for the lives he so stupidly took!
I wish I were kidding. This is just too sad. To victimize this family again is just sinful. 12 years just isn't enough of a punishment. Even though they have gotten tougher on impaired driving, they still are not tough enough. There are way too many repeat offenders and listening to those that have been convicted of impaired driving they cry like they are the victims.

Old 01-18-2012, 05:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

title says it all -- unbelievable. Wonder how long it'll be before he's out killing more innocent people with a car. Frickin justice system...

Old 01-18-2012, 06:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

This world has gone crazy. But sueing is one thing...wining the suite is another. I can't see how he would win. (Shaking my head in disgust)

Quick Reply: Unbelievable