Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey all, time for bed, not feeling so hot and I have a 7 am meeting. The blog is up early.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:14 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Feel better Todd - I'm turning in too. I have been spoiled staying at my Dads house for the past couple of days - only about 7 minutes from work. I got to get up early to fight my way through the road construction zone probably will turn into an hour drive GRRRRRR

Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow dude, the dog jumped on your head, that's funny and crazy, sorry for laughing also! Bugs in the house, I couldn't do that, I'd be paranoid all the time while sleeping!

Old 09-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Amy I hear ya about the commute. Mine is normally about an hour but with morning traffic it's about 1.5 hours and it's barely 60 miles. Gotta love when traffic stops for no reason and then clears up just as strangely as it stopped.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
wow dude, the dog jumped on your head, that's funny and crazy, sorry for laughing also! Bugs in the house, I couldn't do that, I'd be paranoid all the time while sleeping!
Ya, it's funny now but wasn't so funny this morning. It isn't a dog though. A cockatiel is a small bird. About three times the size of a parakeet. His name is Birdie. The kids named him. He is a small parrot and he talks and sings some. He is cool except when he wakes me. I hate the bugs too but with toddlers in the house that always have things in their mouth including their fingers I have to keep pesticides to a minimum. We have this thing called a Palmetto bug. It is related to the American **** Roach. They come in looking for water. They are not dangerous to anybody but the pesticides needed to keep them out are poisonous to babies. You can guess my choice. Florida isn't perfect but I prefer the issues here to what I dealt with up north.

Old 09-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member

Evening all, Chris Math sucks but I am supprisingly good at simple math...

MoparMouse I have had times like that at our old place but that place was bad... I was afraid an electrical fire would happen at any moment

Old 09-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

sorry, I thought you were referring to a dog... My moms bird is named Birdie also, it's a little **** parakeet, but it's pretty cool.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Evening all, Chris Math sucks but I am supprisingly good at simple math...

MoparMouse I have had times like that at our old place but that place was bad... I was afraid an electrical fire would happen at any moment

I tell ya thinking that your house is on fire is some pretty scary sh*t. I don't like it at all. I bought this house almost six years ago. It is a doublewide manufactured home with an addition on the back. The only difference between it an a mobile is that there are no axels or hitches. I bought it from a guy who flips foreclosures. He is an idiot and so were the ones who lost it to the bank. The guy who flipped the house put paneling on many of the walls covering outlets and light switches. He just covered them up. I tore all that down. In one bedroom what he was trying to hide was even worse. The previous owner painted the drywall black and then with a spray can painted Matallica, Korn, and a bunch of other crap on the walls graffiti style. I tore all that crap down to and gutted the room to its rafters. That is where the real nightmare began. I found bare live wires in the wall. They had joined wires with no electrical tape or wire nuts. It is amazing the house had not burned down. Anywgere it looks like they did work I have examined it and made it safe. I have one room completely done and another half done. Then I got divorced and the work stopped. I need to go thru the rest of the house yet. On the septic system it has a 4" pvc sewer pipe going to the septic tank. For some reason this retard cut into it and rather that go to the hardware store and get couplings and glur to put it back together, this tard cut up an automotive inner tube and slid it over both ends with hose clamps. He did this in two places. The gases from the septic tank caused it to burst. Fortunately I found and repaired it before the code inspector came. (One of my neighbors called him) He would have made me repipe and update the septic system. It has been a work in progress.