Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, March 18th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Cool >EnJoy your NOW > THE PRESENT OF `LIFE<

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
morning space!

Noooo Not ready for spring yet! haha Monte should be all set and done with my secret plans in April, I am hoping before the Watkins Glen meet April 13th but i'll be cutting that close. So Spring can come in April

Hows everything with you? Did it rain a lot where you are? How is work going? how are the Bums? how is Mike? he hasnt been on lately. Hows the Family?
Hope all is well!
Hi `Devin, you can tell me your secret, I promise not to tell anyone (buy our member's) > LOL

Work has been consuming my life, but I'm thankful to have a `job that pays me for my efforts. It won't be 4-ever (?) I'm just happy 2 `be & do my best to extract the best from everyday that I'm given 4-Sure.

Beach Bum Tommy is buying his grandmother's house that was sold & he's happy. Bum `Mike has been working the port & hitting the waves. He likes to party & have fun. We get 2gether every chance we get. My g/f is busy, but is doing well & helping many in her medical duties.

Everyone is doing the best that they can `do in the Beach Bum Family. I really miss seeing them everyday, but I really enjoy their company when I get the chance. Giving `up to get isn't always easy, but it's the only way I know how to get to my dreams..."Life is Good & I'm so thankful"> 4-Really-Sure

Thanks for your concerns...
Wish you & member's a GREAT DAY OF `LIFE EnJoy!

Old 03-18-2014, 07:23 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all.

Old 03-18-2014, 07:30 AM
Smile >happy new day 2 `all<

Good Morning `Mike on the west coast of the USA.

Wish you a Super New Day of `Life > EnJoy

Old 03-18-2014, 07:34 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
morning space!

Noooo Not ready for spring yet! haha Monte should be all set and done with my secret project in April, I am hoping before the Watkins Glen meet April 13th but i'll be cutting that close.
I'm sure the paint will dry in a garage no problem

Good morning everyone!

Old 03-18-2014, 07:41 AM

Good Morning everyone! Glad to have a terrific job I love - most days at least! I'm really spoiled having my car in the garage now, and it's a daily thrill to walk into the garage and see her...

Next (last 100K service task!) up is to drain and replace the tranny fluid and filter, and add a drain plug to the pan. I did this on all my f-bodies, hope I can once again drop the pan without spilling!

Have a super day guys and gals!

Old 03-18-2014, 07:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
I'm sure the paint will dry in a garage no problem
I wish that was all it was, Still waiting for one Crucial part to get here!

Old 03-18-2014, 08:15 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Morning everybody. Our first pacific northwest meet and greet is set for April 5th at 2pm! We have atleast least 4 and hopefully more members on this site coming out for a some food at buffalo wild wings and then a nice cruise down to point defiance! Really excited to get some interest brewing over here as it seems most the interested parties for our cars are on the east coast.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:16 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning forum, have a dentist appointment then I have to go to work. My day is already done.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:33 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Peeps!

Keane :
Thanks for starting the Members Daily Blog!

Devin:
Why does the snowy weather always have to be coming to Michigan????
You have something against us Michiganders or what?...
I cant wait til you predict sunny and warm weather for us here... NO Snow for Spring Plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Thanks for the daily heads up!

Space:
Its good to hear your work ethic is stil going along great! (having a steady job) Tell the bums we all said hello from the MCF Family! Its good to hear you and the bums still get time to hang out and be together! Have a Great Day!

Lizzy and I went to Texas Road House for dinner last night.. We had of course...Steak and ribs with a side of pulled pork... Mmmmm Its always cooked to perfection! Love to eat there the portions are the perfect size that when your finished eating.. You end up waddleing out the door...lol

Looks like its going to be a visit to the Chiropractor this afternoon...
Along with heading to the shop to check on my "Secret" project progress on the Monte! Last time I checked on it... Progress was coming along nicely... I'm looking forward to seeing what has been done recently.

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Good morning!
Sorry I've been pretty absent for some time. I've been busy for the past few days, but things are moving along very well.
Some may recall I bought a new-to-me '04 Grand Am GT (which is getting more awesome as I fix the little things). I've been working on it as time/weather and what not permits. So far, I have resolved:
- Getting my readiness monitors/drive cycles complete and the car emission checked, title and plates transferred.
- Fixed messed up radio display panel (used the panel from my last Grand Am).
- Replaced the window tabs that broke on the driver side (so now the power window works perfect).
- Replaced the hazard/flasher module and now the turn signals work.
- The biggest issue I resolved last night, found out why the HVAC temp control did not move the temperature door (allows you to have hot or cold air blowing and it was locked on COLD). Previous owner had the heater core changed out and someone had two connectors mixed up (they are the same shape). One went to the radio, one went to the HVAC controls. Figured that out, replaced a fuse, I have HEAT!
- Added my LED map lights, LED dome lights (and modded dome light), LED license plate lights.

Finally drove it to work today since I have heat blowing now

Things left:
- Replace two dead bulbs in the instrument cluster.
- Rekey the ignition lock to match the doors (previous owner replaced it, I know a guy that can rekey it once I pull the cylinder)
- Repair turn signal wand
- Replace sunshade for the sun roof.
- Replace Headlights (just ordered new ones last night)

Maintenance:
- Oil change
- Trans fluid/filter change
- Replace Plugs and Wires (changing due to original equipment and at the mileage point)

Mods to come:
- L67 coils (this set has been around, used set I put on my '94 Grand Am, then my '02 Grand Am and now the '04).
- Dual post side mirrors (ditch the "mickey mouse" style ones the car currently has)
- Some minor PCM tweaks

So feeling good today, got to drive the new daily!!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, March 18th, 2014