Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday January 28, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 10:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning Everyone!

Old 01-28-2014, 03:06 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone. Washer fluid reservoir on the Monte was empty. Just filled it. Took an entire jug!

I need to wash the Monte. It's so covered with salt and dirt. Can't even tell there are decals on it anymore. And can't see out the side windows. Windows are covered in salt too.

But it's too cold to wash it.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Afternoon everyone.

Washer fluid reservoir on the Monte was empty. Just filled it. Took an entire jug!

I need to wash the Monte. It's so covered with salt and dirt. Can't even tell there are decals on it anymore. But it's too cold to wash it.
My Camaro took the entire jug, AND still had room for more. HOW BIG ARE THEY MAKING THESE THINGS

Old 01-28-2014, 03:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it's kinda nice the wiper fluid takes a complete gallon jug or more. Beats filling it with half a gallon and storing that other half somewhere.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:47 PM

^ver true lol and less filling it.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:11 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Afternoon everyone. Washer fluid reservoir on the Monte was empty. Just filled it. Took an entire jug!

I need to wash the Monte. It's so covered with salt and dirt. Can't even tell there are decals on it anymore. And can't see out the side windows. Windows are covered in salt too.

But it's too cold to wash it.
Its currently 8 degrees out.. I too had to wash my Silverado... Despite it being so cold... I was also very sure to dry all the door frames edges as well as all the rubber seals..So that overnite it doesn't freeze up solid like a block of ice since Lizzy has to go back to work in the AM.

I was also shocked that the washer fluid Jug on thesilverado takes a gallon as well... I ave been using the rainx brand and seems to work really well. No smearing and the wipers seem to glide much easier across the windshield... Thus clearing the flying salt that gets on to be easily removed by using much less washer fluid.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:19 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
My Camaro took the entire jug, AND still had room for more. HOW BIG ARE THEY MAKING THESE THINGS
Or look for bigger jugs. Bigger jugs are good.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Its currently 8 degrees out.. I too had to wash my Silverado... Despite it being so cold... I was also very sure to dry all the door frames edges as well as all the rubber seals..So that overnite it doesn't freeze up solid like a block of ice since Lizzy has to go back to work in the AM.

I was also shocked that the washer fluid Jug on thesilverado takes a gallon as well... I ave been using the rainx brand and seems to work really well. No smearing and the wipers seem to glide much easier across the windshield... Thus clearing the flying salt that gets on to be easily removed by using much less washer fluid.

I've been using the rain-x brand also. But I have to find some better winter wiper blades. The one's I have are horrible. They have the rubber sheath over the assembly. So snow and ice doesn't build up inside the metal parts. But the so-called "rubber" curls up on me. So only the outer edge of the blade touches the glass. Giving me four arcs of clean window. Each about an inch wide.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
I've been using the rain-x brand also. But I have to find some better winter wiper blades. The one's I have are horrible. They have the rubber sheath over the assembly. So snow and ice doesn't build up inside the metal parts. But the so-called "rubber" curls up on me. So only the outer edge of the blade touches the glass. Giving me four arcs of clean window. Each about an inch wide.
So what your essentially saying is that you have "Winter" blades (rubber covered assy) on it and...there worn out... I have "Normal" wiper blades on mine... However, I do replace mine every year... The winter really takes its toll on them... Since we do massive towing of our camper across the country..Its kinda essential to be able to see when the weather is pouring down rain flying down the highway.... ...
May I recommend getting new ones? lol

Old 01-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
So what your essentially saying is that you have "Winter" blades (rubber covered assy) on it and...there worn out... I have "Normal" wiper blades on mine... However, I do replace mine every year... The winter really takes its toll on them... Since we do massive towing of our camper across the country..Its kinda essential to be able to see when the weather is pouring down rain flying down the highway.... ...
May I recommend getting new ones? lol
They are new. I bought them in December of 2013. I need to buy BETTER ones.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday January 28, 2014