Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday January 24th, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 10:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Space: You can't keep doing the double shifts for long. It will take you down. I did the samething when I was a lot younger. 10,12, or 16 hrs a day. Is very hard on your body & mind. Can't do all that without some kind of side affects. You have to slow down a bit before it all catchs up with you. Listen to one that did the same thing trying to get a head in life. End up taking two steps back.. Slow down bud

Old 01-24-2012, 10:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was happy that Chevrolet called about my car , but then quickly turns to not so happy They are waiting on a call back from the GM rep about what to do. From what I understand there is a piece of foam in there around the wheel well. It is retaining water and rusting from the inside out. I told him it would be nice to have a rental car, He is going to get back with me on that. originally a 4 day job, now on the 8th day and uncertain when I will get her back. On a good note, it appears they are trying to fix it right. I will survive.
Rick-I hate head colds and those darn wives always giving you something!

Old 01-24-2012, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Hey I have to RANT here for a min. Maybe I need to take a few days off or a week. A sort things out.

Originally Posted by Ricks 2006 SS
Space: You can't keep doing the double shifts for long. It will take you down. I did the samething when I was a lot younger. 10,12, or 16 hrs a day. Is very hard on your body & mind. Can't do all that without some kind of side affects. You have to slow down a bit before it all catchs up with you. Listen to one that did the same thing trying to get a head in life. End up taking two steps back.. Slow down bud

Student to `Teacher `Rick,
I really appreciate your time & wisdom and sharing your advice 4-Sure I hope also that you follow your own advice & take a few days `OFF just 2 relax & ReCharge

I only have about 10 more months of double shifts & then my g/f will be in her residency Then it's "Party Time" LOL
Like you Rick, I've always worked since I could walk & hard work does not hurt anyone....I have the MCF everyday to have fun ...Thanks again, I do appreciate & I hope that you also slow down to see all the nice cars & ladies along your `journey of life....p.s. Wish U a Feel All Better!!!!!!!

I just got my last order confimation in as I was posting this
Peace/Happiness to the reader of my words from `Space

OK, whose next to post something on this electronic screen b-4 `us ???? Yes, I think it `YOU .....Have fun & enjoy your `NOW

Last edited by Space; 01-24-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

WELL It sounds like they are really trying to do it right. Man thats a real good sign. Got my fingers X ed . Yeah she has had her cold the last 3 days. Hope my two buddy's are ok. Were all in the same car and lived together for a week. Waiting to hear from them about that. OH OH ha ha ha. I sure don't want to give it back to her. Cause she won't keep it ! ha ha ha ha

Old 01-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Jerry thats got to be frustrating, but atleast the fix isn't costing you personally.

Seattle mike happy birthday! You should go to the Coastal Kitchen some day. My cousin is an evening/afternoon chef there.

Morning all, 50 degrees here today. Just got inside from installing my cassette radio and i'm heading out to get an adapter.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:01 AM

Hi Jerry, tell the dealer that everyone on the MCF thinks that they should give you a rental until your Monte is repaired properly...It was not your mistake 4-Sure...Good Luck
========================================
Hi `Keane, I hope your install was E.Z. & that you have some great sounds to enjoy as you drive your Monte...

Wish you & Member's a Great new Day of Life ~> EnJoy...
I must fade `out, but will return to read everyone's words & thoughts...Peace/Out from `Space

Old 01-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Good afternoon friends! Lunch time at the office. Well looks like we are zeroing in on the New car for wifey 2012 Buick Lacross option package #2 (has heated stearing wheel). Will post pics once we acually close the deal and take delivery. Wife needs to decide on colors (leaning to diamond white it is a metalic tricoat white) the 04 monte will become my DD and Maynard goes out to pasture.

Last edited by Tadcaster; 01-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:18 AM

2012 Buick LaCrosse - Specifications, Pictures, Prices

Hi `Tadd, I had to search to see what a Lacrosse looked like Good Luck & look 4ward to your pic's & review...

Old 01-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Afternoon Everyone, nm goin on here

Old 01-24-2012, 11:48 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Tadd - are you getting the turbo?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday January 24th, 2012