Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Today really sucked I was in an accident.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Good luck but just from my experience they probably won't budge too much on the price. They had that TS edition for 8 months and still couldn't sell it and ended up auctioning it off.
then they must not be very good business people.There's more than one monte carlo out there they are the only one i've seen with a supercharged that wasn't black but I found a yellow supercharged on the southside yesterday.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 PM
Just call me Dubs

only thing that makes me scratch my head about the yellow one is it's a supercharged with sunroof and leather full loaded but it has no fog lights like an LS just the holes and the covers.I mean I hardly used my foglights when I had them cause I had hid's but it's nice to know I had them.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:21 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Don't go to Saturn of Gurnee. I looked at one they had sitting around for god knows how long. It was an 05 SS with that Berry metallic paint with silver ground effects. It also had a Borla after market exhaust that wasn't even rusted. Looked nice but didn't drive too well. It had around 43k miles on it. They were horrible people to deal with, the manager went on the test drive with us and admitted something wasn't right and still wouldn't come down on the price. I was never so insulted in my life. So again, I walked. Shoot, if this was a new car you were shopping for - you would not have any problems, but used cars GRRRR!

Old 03-23-2009, 04:45 AM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
Don't go to Saturn of Gurnee. I looked at one they had sitting around for god knows how long. It was an 05 SS with that Berry metallic paint with silver ground effects. It also had a Borla after market exhaust that wasn't even rusted. Looked nice but didn't drive too well. It had around 43k miles on it. They were horrible people to deal with, the manager went on the test drive with us and admitted something wasn't right and still wouldn't come down on the price. I was never so insulted in my life. So again, I walked. Shoot, if this was a new car you were shopping for - you would not have any problems, but used cars GRRRR!
I've seen that one online it's not my color of choice.

Old 03-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hopefully the dealer comes down on the supercharged 05 you're looking at.

I got a great deal on my Monte because it sat on the dealership lot so long. I think I was the first person who seriously inquired about it in a long time. So they were desperate to get rid of it. Another Monte just like it, on the same lot, sat there for another month before they sent it off to auction.

Maybe the dealership will see your insurance payout as "guaranteed" money (no credit involved), and will be willing to deal with you. Maybe they're at the point where they're tired of seeing that car on their lot taking up space. Which would work in your favor.

As for the insurance company, what kind of crap is that? The same year, make, model, and mileage??? They always seem to know when they have you by the stones. They know you need another car immediately. So they're taking your loaner away to pressure you into taking their first offer.

Then they're taking your old car away. They haven't even paid you for it, and they're taking posession of it? I know why they do it. Pressure tactic, and to keep you from taking parts off of it. I'm sure all the insurance companies do it. But I still think it's wrong though. Try taking posession of your new car before making any kind of payment to the dealership, and see how far you get.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:56 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Last year when we were looking for a car for my girlfriend Deb we looked at a yellow '03 SS the place I bought my '06 LTZ at had.

They wanted $14k for this car with close to 62k miles on it. I called the salesguy I talked to when we test drove the yellow '03 and asked if they would at least price match the '03 Pace car we did buy which was listed at $10,900. He said no they wouln't.

That's fine.

They still have the yellow '03 SS by the way.

Old 03-23-2009, 11:59 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by SolowSS
everyone tells me state farm is good and will have it done fast.Only thing they have done fast was arrange to come and pic my car up from the body shop.
They're going to harvest your car for the salvageable parts.

Someone has a lawsuit against them to get their Monte fixed. Your car came available and they plan on using it to get their @$$es out of hot water.

Old 03-23-2009, 04:24 PM
Just call me Dubs

Originally Posted by Taz
Hopefully the dealer comes down on the supercharged 05 you're looking at.

I got a great deal on my Monte because it sat on the dealership lot so long. I think I was the first person who seriously inquired about it in a long time. So they were desperate to get rid of it. Another Monte just like it, on the same lot, sat there for another month before they sent it off to auction.

Maybe the dealership will see your insurance payout as "guaranteed" money (no credit involved), and will be willing to deal with you. Maybe they're at the point where they're tired of seeing that car on their lot taking up space. Which would work in your favor.

As for the insurance company, what kind of crap is that? The same year, make, model, and mileage??? They always seem to know when they have you by the stones. They know you need another car immediately. So they're taking your loaner away to pressure you into taking their first offer.

Then they're taking your old car away. They haven't even paid you for it, and they're taking posession of it? I know why they do it. Pressure tactic, and to keep you from taking parts off of it. I'm sure all the insurance companies do it. But I still think it's wrong though. Try taking posession of your new car before making any kind of payment to the dealership, and see how far you get.
Well your right state farm has me by the ***** and a firm grip at that.I finally got a straight answer from someone there and I was right there only going to pay off my car and if there's anything left over I would get that.So I sent them 8 monte carlo with miles lower and higher than mine and they were going for 9,999-10,999 i'm going to get something but it won't be much now I have to finned for myself to get another one and start all over.