Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, March 14th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2013 | 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Zen
Watch they're going to blame guns for this again.A friend of mine was good friends with one of the victums
Of course they are, our Governor is a... Fill in the blank.
It's sad for sure. Imagine washing you car and getting shot.

Old 03-14-2013 | 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Mike thanks for doing the morning blog.
Devin:
That sucks to have stuff happening so close to home.
Today is Lizzys BDay..
Taking her out for dinner at her fave place..
Texas Roadhouse!
Have a Great Day EV1!
Fox2news just showed the Jeff Gordon test drive.lol

Last edited by STUMPMI; 03-14-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 03-14-2013 | 09:24 AM
|

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone

Old 03-14-2013 | 09:47 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Good morning! I have a car question for everybody: last night when I shut off the engine, there was a loud tapping noise coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side. It sounded like someone was trying to get out of the glove box - it happened the next time I turned the car off again. Has anybody ever heard this in their Monte? I opened the hood to see if it was coming from the engine bay but it wasn't - it was most definitely INSIDE the car under the dash area.
Coolant related I'm sure. Or condensation dripping

Old 03-14-2013 | 10:06 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone.

Made it back down to Mexico yesterday afternoon. The roads were complete crap back home yesterday morning from the little bit of lake effect snow we got. Was only 1/2" to 1" but there were some pretty good squalls and it iced up really well. Took me forever to get to the airport but I made it. Went from 28 degrees in Detroit to 97 in Hermosillo so pretty much stepped of the plane into a sauna. Today is suppose to be 102.

Hope everyone has a good Thursday.

Old 03-14-2013 | 10:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Good morning! I have a car question for everybody: last night when I shut off the engine, there was a loud tapping noise coming from under the dashboard on the passenger side. It sounded like someone was trying to get out of the glove box - it happened the next time I turned the car off again. Has anybody ever heard this in their Monte? I opened the hood to see if it was coming from the engine bay but it wasn't - it was most definitely INSIDE the car under the dash area.
Angie, yes this is a common issue with the 06-07's. Mine does it but very rarely as I don't mess with the air much. Here's a thread that should help > https://montecarloforum.com/forum/ge...-noises-31390/.

Quoting myself from that thread,
"It IS a problem with the actuator. Basically, when you change the air temperature or circulation method, the actuator starts turning but doesn't stop when the door has opened or closed to its furthest position. When the door does get to its furthest opened or closed position, the actuator keeps turning and the door moves up and down, causing the clicking or tapping sound."
Hope that helps!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 03-14-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-14-2013 | 11:01 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Afternoon everyone ---- At the office doing lunch

Old 03-14-2013 | 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS

Quoting myself from that thread,
"It IS a problem with the actuator. Basically, when you change the air temperature or circulation method, the actuator starts turning but doesn't stop when the door has opened or closed to its furthest position. When the door does get to its furthest opened or closed position, the actuator keeps turning and the door moves up and down, causing the clicking or tapping sound."
Hope that helps!
Thanks for the tip! It seems strange that this is the first time its happened in the three years I've owned the car. I noticed today when it made the tapping sound I could hear a motor whirring in there - could that be the actuator?

Old 03-14-2013 | 11:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

Hi all, havnt made it into the daily blog in a while so I figured I would stop by and wish you all a good day. I'm sitting at work browsing mcf and gonna be making a chiropractor appointment. Idk how but I messed up my back bad. It hurts to move and if I try to twist to the right at all it about takes me to my knees in pain

Old 03-14-2013 | 12:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good morning or afternoon everyone Depends where your at and what time it is where you are ! It's 10 am here in Az and SUNNY! With a high again of 93 degrees. But once the Sun goes down its really nice out. Thats about 6:45 pm here. Angie I had that samething happen to me last yr in the fall. I thought I had a ghost in my glove box. Happened twice. Matt Enjoy the warm temps while you can. Its not warm back home yet as you know. Pretty soon we all will be cutting grass and drinking beer . Ok got to go. getting a late start this morning.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, March 14th 2013