Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Thursday, December 29, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
In the winter months I visit the do it yourself car washes with the "magic wand" - usually costs me only around $3.00. When It's above freezing I wash it at home cause we have hot and cold water in the garage.
Only $3? Costs me $10 usually, maybe i just do more.

Signed up for netflix today and now i've got tons of top gear episodes to watch

You know you bought a good car when you can fit a 46" tv in your trunk!! Awesome i must say, and 2nd pic is my little mod, extra antenna.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:16 PM

Good afternoon everybody. I was late for work for the second day in a row. I-4 was a mess both days. Between the tourists going into the area theme parks and the Citrus bowl game the road was horrible. I know I make my living because of tourists but I wish they would learn to F'in drive. I left the house a few minutes earlier today than I did yesterday and was still late. Yesterday there were two tractor trailers looking for the same piece of real estate at the exit I take. Today I got off the highway three exits back and fought the lights and secondary road traffic. It bites.

Old 12-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
]
never usually take me more than whatever it costs to get the machine started to wash mine. i rarely do mine at the public car was since i have my own shop. Maybe i do mine so quick cus i deal with that kind of stuff everyday and have a routine down

Old 12-29-2011, 05:20 PM

Gregg, sorry to hear about your traffic troubles. It got to 61* here today (St. Louis) and we took the kids to a playground, where I was lucky enough to find an interesting path thru the adjoining woods. The trail ended abruptly several hundred feet above the interstate - if I'd slipped, I'd have ended up on the highway. So I wisely held on tight to the trees nearby and scooted quickly back up to the playground. It was fun to be out in the sun again, in the woods, on fallen leaves with my fellow forest creatures...and when I got home, I had time to wash and detail the Monte! It hasn't been done in over a week cuz of the cold weather. Next up: taking the bowtie off the front and putting on the beautiful Knight's Crest I got from Ashely Marie. Pictures to follow...

Old 12-29-2011, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by mousehousemoparman
Good afternoon everybody. I was late for work for the second day in a row. I-4 was a mess both days. Between the tourists going into the area theme parks and the Citrus bowl game the road was horrible. I know I make my living because of tourists but I wish they would learn to F'in drive. I left the house a few minutes earlier today than I did yesterday and was still late. Yesterday there were two tractor trailers looking for the same piece of real estate at the exit I take. Today I got off the highway three exits back and fought the lights and secondary road traffic. It bites.

Hi Gregg, I don't envy you 4-Sure...I really dislike driving anywhere in Orlando, and you are in the highest travelled area of the City...Everyone drives like they don't know where they are going & are on drugs, or driving w/o a license.
It's a stressful experience 4-Sure...Disney should pay you hazardous pay for your commute ~> Wish you safe travels...

I-4 at SR-536

=============================================
`Hi Keane, your Monte looks great & it is amazing what a Monte can fit in2 the trunk with the seats down...It can also fit a double mattress (just in case you wanta take a nap)
=========================================
It's great to get a update on Mike (JG)....I sure hope he recovers fast & is back online soon.
==========================================
Hi Angie, We are praying for your daughter...The seniors told me they are sending special prayers also...Stay strong for her
=======================================
I must get ready 4 work...Wish everyOne a Safe/Happy evening....I hope I see everyone 2morrow `if I am given another day.....

Old 12-29-2011, 07:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

[quote=Ashley.Marie;396796]I
Hope everyone is having a great week!! Gonna head to walmart and get a cover for my kindlefire. Ashley my wife and I got one from our daughters for Christmas. I haven't got the chance to use it yet I think she loves it. She's on everytime we stop ha ha ha
I get to use this notebook instead

Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93

Signed up for netflix today and now i've got tons of top gear episodes to watch

You know you bought a good car when you can fit a 46" tv in your trunk!! Awesome i must say, and 2nd pic is my little mod, extra antenna.
$3 is all I spend too. I put in $1.50 and I spray rinse the car and then spray soap on next I switch to the foamy brush and go over the whole car. The time usually expires so there is no foam coming out of the brush but the soap is still on the car. Then I put in the second 1.50 and rinse the soap.

That tv fit good but I don't think mine would have fit in my monte cause the box was about a foot bigger than the tv.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:35 PM

Keane that ain't much of an antenna farm there. I'm a ham radio guy so I could show you some antenna farms. Gonna erect one on the truck when I have the transmission in it and can afford new radios.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

[QUOTE=Ricks 2006 SS;396936]
Originally Posted by Ashley.Marie
I
Hope everyone is having a great week!! Gonna head to walmart and get a cover for my kindlefire. Ashley my wife and I got one from our daughters for Christmas. I haven't got the chance to use it yet I think she loves it. She's on everytime we stop ha ha ha
I get to use this notebook instead
Rick! I love the thing! my mom has an ipad and I like my kindle way better!! the nice thing is you don't have to buy an Internet package for it and it costs a quarter of the price. And I am going to use it for my colege books! Yay!

Old 12-29-2011, 08:58 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Evening Everyone,

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Thursday, December 29, 2011