Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: THURSDAY, 2-02-12 < Check In

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 PM

Hi all. Not much going on here today.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Got myself a clean buzz cut then going to the High school B-Ball game in hope that the team can move on to championship.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all, not alot going on here just waiting for 5!

i am actually verry excited for this day to be done, if i get a message back from one of the guys in my club i'll be going to buy a engine hoist $50

he really wants a colapsiable one and is selling his dirt cheap !

the red one.. if you can take your eye off the car! he has one awsome build going on

Old 02-02-2012, 03:44 PM

Good afternoon everybody. I'm at work now and so far it is quiet.

Ashley I think you should keep your Monte as it is and make it your winter beater. Save a few dollars and find another Monte just like it from Texas or out west where they are rust free. Fix up the new car and use it as a summer car, cruiser, and show car. That in the long run will be cheaper than trying to chase the never ending rust battle on your current car.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

OH! Forgot to mention that me and My friend Are going to go see Monster Jam At Sunlife In 2 weeks. Only seen the stuff on tv and it looks like it would be alot of fun.

Old 02-02-2012, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

That's the reason I just need to sell it i think. Anyone want a red monte? LOL

But ordered a new bumper today, 220 bucks for that and only 80 for it to be painted and everything. Been waiting for a long time to get a new bumper.. Prolly going to touch up the paint chips to while their at it.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Old 02-02-2012, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Afternoon all, not alot going on here just waiting for 5!

i am actually verry excited for this day to be done, if i get a message back from one of the guys in my club i'll be going to buy a engine hoist $50

he really wants a colapsiable one and is selling his dirt cheap !

the red one.. if you can take your eye off the car! he has one awsome build going on
Justin that is a good price on that. What's your friend building a 67 Camaro

Old 02-02-2012, 04:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

it's a 68, will be the first time i met the guy, i want to check out his car too
doing it protouring style.. i don't even want to know how much money he has spent on it so far!

here is his build thread!
1968 Camaro - Project "BLUE HOUR"

he posted the engine hoise up like a week ago in the forsale adds and i was sad becuase i had spent the last of my check, said if he still has it come pay day i wanna pick it up, now it's pay day bonus check at that (extra $100) asked if he still had it said yep first come first serve so now just waiting on an adress

$50 is too good to pass up, luck to find one on c list that cheap and this is probably imaculant...

Last edited by Budsjlm; 02-02-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:06 PM

ok so much for sleep. Guess I'm up for good. I'm gonna go look at the speaker wiring in the Camaro and see what exactly I'm gonna need to do. Both rear speakers are running off the same wire (idiot previous owner) and so I gotta track down exactly how the speaker wires are routed. I'd have to take the entire dash apart to get to the front 4x10 but at some point I would like to replace it.

Old 02-02-2012, 04:49 PM

Ok Figured out what I need to do. I'll pick up some speaker wire tomorrow or Saturday (Depends on if direct deposit has finally taken effect or I get another paper check tonight at work). Probably gonna get new plates tomorrow as well. Decided to finally do away with the "regular" plate. Not sure if I'm gonna go with the Military plate or with the IU plate. Leaning towards the IU plate since I don't really like the design of the military plates here. I liked the ones in Kentucky a lot better.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: THURSDAY, 2-02-12 < Check In