Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Thrusday & fri rant

Old 03-02-2012, 06:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default Thrusday & fri rant

ok. I'm seeing Red the last two days & Nights!! 1st helped a friend get his Motorhome ready to go to Vegas for the weekend. Sure I'll help Nothing else going on. Couple of hrs later we finish up and they leave. C ya be back Sunday. COOL right ? Wrong ! A couple of hrs later I can't find my cell phone. I'm tearing up the car the condo every place around. No luck. Then as I done tearin the place up My Buddy calls my wife. Hey you missin a cell phone?? Yeah why you have it. YUP its right here between the seat cushions. Sorry about that we'll be home Sunday! That's not bad enough my internet at the condo goes down. Are you freakin kidding me ? Call the office early thrusday morning 8 am. Ok we'll end someone over to check it out. 3 pm still no one is here. Call again. OOP sorry he went home for the day. But I'll end him over 1st thing fri morning. 10 am fri. He finally shows up! He's here two hrs can't fix it. He has to go to the boss and talk to him. Ok were we leave cause he said I won't be back till 1:30. &^%$ WHAT?. So we leave for lunch and to run some errands. WE go to Wendy' for a snack. They have FREE Wi Fi. So i log in and let a few friends know what going on with my phone and pc. Then we get home about 5:00 pm. He's just leaving. He Say your ok now. Have fun. I think him and here I am. FINALLY... Talk about being LOST with out your phone & Internet. GEEEEZ... Now If I can get my phone back Sunday I'll be ok. Damn this is enough to pi** someone off BIG TIME. I don't know anyone phone #. So I can't call or even text them. Till Sunday. Ok heading out to dinner its friday so all the fish you can eat for $ 9.95 . Thanks for letting me get this off my chest Hope your having a better day then I 'am ................

Old 03-02-2012, 06:19 PM

Don't feel bad Rick, severe weather has knocked out my cell service. I have internet and I have my old trusty ham radio but my family is probably freaking out right now cause they can't get a hold of me. We've had tornadoes in the area.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:26 PM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Don't feel bad Rick, severe weather has knocked out my cell service. I have internet and I have my old trusty ham radio but my family is probably freaking out right now cause they can't get a hold of me. We've had tornadoes in the area.
LOOK as long as your OK. The heck with the cell phone. Hope you stay safe SGT

Old 03-02-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
We've had tornadoes in the area.
Drew, let us know if you're okay later on tonight (if you have Internet service). I've been reading the online news about Indiana and other midwest tornadoes. Hope you're okay there in Tennessee - you're not all that far from St. Louis.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 PM

The worst is past me now. Only comms I had was internet (which I was mainly using to monitor the weather) and my ham radio (which kept me in touch with the spotter network). My folks were definitely relieved when they finally heard from me. We lucked out though. The county north of us and the county south of us got hit pretty hard.

Old 03-02-2012, 07:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rick your just jealous because your phone is having more fun then you this weekend

Old 03-02-2012, 07:54 PM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Rick your just jealous because your phone is having more fun then you this weekend
I think your right Lou

Old 03-02-2012, 07:57 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Enjoy the peace and quiet with a reliable reason for not having a cell phone. I wouldn't mind my own phone getting lost sometimes.

Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 PM

If I had lost all communications (aside from ham radio) my Chain of Command in my Reserve Unit would have hit panic mode quickly with no contact during all the weather. Since my next of kin is my mother they would have put her into panic mode which in turn would have put the rest of the family into panic mode. Luckily I was able to get an email off to my 1SG to let him know my cell service was down.