General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Stupid day-Rant

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 01:45 AM
Default Stupid day-Rant

Hey guys have any of you ever had this kind of thing happen to you?

Since I have been so busy lately with work and other things I took my Monte to the local dealership for a oil change on Friday (same dealership where I bought the car 4 months ago) Anyway they do good work and don't charge alot for their service. I guess that is the advantage of dealing with a small town dealer. I also had the seat belt anchor covers replaced because they were broke when I bought the car and dealer said they would fix them as soon as the parts came in. So when the car was done, about 45 mins. I got in and went about doing some of the things I had to do. This morning I go to put some things in the trunk before going to work, and something caught my eye. There on my trunk lid right above the bumper on the right side was A DEALERSHIP STICKER!!!![:@] There was NEVER one there before. I hate those damn things!!!! SO when I got to work I spent about 15 mins peeling these decals off my car. still have to get something to clean the sticky stuff left behind on the car, looks like crap. I am planning on going by the dealer tomorrow morning before work and raising three kinds of hell about someone putting decals on my car without my permission. It got me so upset, I did not calm down for at least six hours after finding this dealership decal on the car. I will not have my car be a rolling billboard with out being paid.

On a side note, are these dealership stickers a Midwest thing? I grew up out in the Los Angeles,CA area and none of the CA dealers ever put anything like that on the cars, the only thing they would put on them were license plate frames with the dealers name on them.

Mike.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:26 AM
Default RE: Stupid day-Rant

Hey `Mike, I agree....
I think the dealerships should ask before
they do something like that [:@]
I think they should give lifetime oil changes
for the free advestisements.
I did see one auto sticker on a car &
the owner put another sticker above the
dealer sticker that read:
Don't Buy from
[:-]
Bozo Chevrolet
We Beat Everyone's deal
West byGosh, Va

Old 07-02-2007, 07:42 AM

Space, Now thats funny

Mike.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

up here you see dealer stickers on all the cars, some of them get pretty fancy too, but i always pulled them off my vehicles, hated the looks of them

i agree they should have asked you, but maybe dont complain if they're really cheap for all their work

Old 07-02-2007, 12:29 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Guys n gals,

If a dealer does this to your car without your permission, MAKE THEM REMOVE IT & CLEAN THE PAINT.

I had this happen once and let me tell you, they removed it faster then they slapped it on.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:52 PM

In Indiana I know the stickers are pretty common...although when I purchased my LTZ I told them specifically no decals or license plate brackets whatsoever. If a dealer did that to me I'd be upset too. You're right in the fact of "advertising for free." It isn't right.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:45 AM

The dealership where I got my car puts stickers on their cars,but for some reason they didn't on mine.All I got was the license plate frame.Maybe since my car was there less than 24 hours they never got to putting a sticker on.It came in at 4:00 on a Friday afternoonand I picked it up that Saturday morning.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:48 AM

If it had been mine it wouldn't have had a license plate frame on it either. They don't pay me to advertise for them!

Old 07-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

yah, if they want a sticker on it, i want the car or lifetime gas for free hahaha

Old 07-03-2007, 09:16 AM

Same damn thing happens here... The rotten put them all over my car too.. One on the trunk lid, and a liscence plate frame. All went really nice when I fed them to my 6.5hp lawnmower and handed the scrap back in a zip-loc baggie!

Quick Reply: Stupid day-Rant