General Monte Carlo Talk Talk about the Monte Carlo. Does not have to be your Monte. Can include pics and games.

Things don't go as planned

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 03:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default Things don't go as planned

Ok what a Night at speedworld!

My car didn't get tuned because my gm tech had family to tend to this weekend

so I was just gonna race like normal

well I get there and park and first thing is a piece of medal is in my sidewall of my rear passenger side tire, we spray a liquid on it its bubbling and is leaking air, I registered to race and show but no racing this time,

If me and my friends hadn't seen this I would have had a blow out on the track more than likely, good think I asked and we agreed just let it sit and show.

But I race with no spare tire, so after judging was done me and a my pep boys car club member go get my tools jack and spare tire from my house about 20 min away and return, the awards had just finished and we changed my tire and I have my stock 17inch on there and I will be reaserching tires tomorrow and probably get a new set this week sometime or I will just ride on on all stock wheels for a little bit, we will see. I am registered for the Dub show in june here in az so I can just replace one tire if I need to as an option as well, I will evaluate this situation.

So I took First place for best chevy, I beat out a c6 black smooth corvette and some others in chevy/gmc class

Alot of my car club members won the toyota tacoma won the charger, expedition all won and at the end of the night our car club won best car club presentation, a very good night for showing.

Back to back wins at speedworld

In racing I may be a little behind or tied still so we will see what happens there, next month I will be ready to race.

Thankful for my pep boys friend we changed my tire and it went smoothely, it wasn't a situation to panic in or anything we caught the tire issue at the beggining agreed I wouldn't race and fix it later in the evening, It worked out without a disaster

Old 05-17-2009, 04:39 AM

So I took First place for best chevy

`Patrick,
Congratulations on another
`Win

I learned from a Golden Gloves Box'in Trainer,
that we have to learn to `roll with the punches in `life.
It's great to have "Pet Boys"
2 help when things go wrong.
Thanks 4 keep'in us all updated on your AweSome
Winning Monte Carlo.
U do Us Proud ~> 4 Sure
EnJoy your Victories