Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Theft...3rd time!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Theft...3rd time!

Shooting him in the hand will remind him next time he tries to steal something.

Old 09-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

Every since I got my car last October, my Onstar green light is on part of the time and red the rest. It shouldn't ever be green as I've never subscribed.

Same situation here Becky. But with me it's a 50/50 ratio of green and red.

As for shooting the thief.In my opinion,that cop that told you to shoot the guy and claim he was car-jacking you should be kicked in the a$$. If you reallyare being car-jacked, then by all means do what you gotta do. But people making false claims is part of the reason courts are so back-logged. And more importantly, it also is the reason why too many REAL victims are not being taken seriously. Mickey couldn't have put it any better with his experiences. If you have a gun in your hand, you better be prepared to use it and face all the consequences of your actions.

It's very difficult to have (and keep) nice things. No matter what it is. A car, nice decorations in your yard/garden, nice things in your home, etc... Someone always seems to decide that they should have it instead of you. Or if they can't have it, you shouldn't have it either. As tempting and frustrating as it may be, I don't think selling your Monte is the solution. Sure the thief that is targetting your Monte won't be bothering you, but then you'll have a different set of thieves targetting your next vehicle. Unless we're willing to live in rusty old tool sheds, wear tattered old clothes found in a dumperster, and riding a skateboard around town, we are always going to be someone's target.

I say put a Viper alarm in the car, and the next time that thief breaks into your car, use a tazer on his jewels. LOL.

Old 09-17-2008, 06:38 PM
rj
15 Year Member

Sorry to hear someone broke into your Monte yet again. It has to be the same person at least two of the times it was broken in to. Or a friend of theirs.

Any chance there's another '06/07 Monte in your town the same color as your's? Cause it could be they are actually looking for THAT Monte and not your car?

Old 09-17-2008, 08:29 PM

I really doubt it is the same person, even two of the times because everytime they never take anything, not even the change out of my change holder. I think when they realize I have nothing like an aftermarket stereo or subwoofers they leave it alone. It was in 3 completely different areas each time.The St. Louis areais big with millions of people and I've personally seen Monte's just like mine atleast 7 or eight different times. Some have the silver racing stripe and others like mine, don't. St. Louis is just different from most areas. Back in the late 90's Ford Mustangs were the nation's #1 stolen car except in St. Louis where Mid-80's Monte Carlos, Cutlass', & Buicks were stolen far more than anything else. Looks like now they are breaking into Montes, Impalas, and Caddy's with the sametype of door handles more than anything.

Just 2-months ago I was dropping a friend off at her apartment complex and noticed that almost every GM car in the parking lot with my type of door handles had break-in damage right under the door handle.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:36 PM

Now I wanna fill in my handles and call up my insurance and tell 'em it's a new security deal and see if they'll drop my rate...

Old 09-17-2008, 10:16 PM

just get a stuffed rott wieler and stick him in on the seat i had a frend do it scared the heck ou tof the thieves with tinted windos they could not tell who it was in the car and he put a sun screen in the windows so they cant see threw the front. and from out side you cant see if it is human of what and the on that though the was brave enough got the door open and the dog was tied to a string and he pissed him self right where he stood they found him a block away with his pants still wet LOL

Old 09-20-2008, 07:22 PM

I live in philly. While sitting on a friends porch, her neighbor relayed this story to me:

There was a series of car break-ins late at night in north west philadelphia.
On guy on the block owns an acura. Some guy broke in to the acura one night, the acura owner hears him, runs out the door and chases the guy down the street to no avail.
About a month later, he's walking home, sees the same guy half in his car (he was leaning through the open door), sneaks up behind him and shoots him in the *** with a handgun.
Nobodies car gets broken into on that block again.

Doesn't involve me, but I thought it was hilarious.

Only had someone get in my monte without my knowledge once (knock on wood). My fault though because I left the passenger side window down. They rifled through everything but all they took was a pair of dollar store sunglasses. I guess cassette tapes aren't worth jack these days, there were about 50 of them in there.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:55 PM

same city and same problem man i feel your pain.. im on my 2nd kenwood head unit.. got a viper radar detector and 2 15" CVR's in my trunk.. my SS is yellow with pitch black tints.... when i go out i find myself paying extra just so i can park in front.. cuz right now i dont have an alarm either and somebodys always tryna get in my car

you needa get those handles shaved and get an alarm asap

you can go to Cartronix on st charles rock rd..by the highway they do real good custom work and are probably less than Creative Customs... if u wanna do creative customs i know my boy got both of his done for $800 and his was done flawlessly.. theyre down on Riverview and Broadway by the Metro station