Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

~ Indentity Theft ~ : (

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default ~ Indentity Theft ~ : (

[align=center]My Business Class was assigned to [/align][align=center]research I.D. Theft.[/align][align=center]The below is part of my ReSearch[/align][align=center]on the Subject.[/align][align=center]I share it with the members.[/align]

[hr]

[align=center][/align][align=center]Latest on ID Theft & Features[/align][align=center]Be in the Know:[/align][align=center]Knowledge is Power[/align][align=center]What a Country - Do you feel safe ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Find out the which cities have the worst record for identity theft, latest security threats and more ... [/align][*][align=center]ID Theft Hotbeds[/align][align=center]The top 10 metropolitan hotbeds for identity theft, as released by the Federal Trade Commission.[/align][*][align=center]Debit Card Breeches[/align][ul][/ul][align=center]Identity Theft FAQs
How Can a Thief Steal My Identity?

Identity thieves can obtain your information the old-fashioned way by physically stealing your belongings whether it's your wallet from your house, purse or car; or papers containing personal data from your mailbox, trash or office. Identity thieves can hack into an unprotected computer, use spyware or interrupt unsecure online monetary transactions. And finally, identity thieves will try to con you into sharing data with bogus phone calls, e-mails and websites. But there are more ambitious scammers who cast a wider net by going after a company's data. Incidents of security breeches and corporate mishandling of financial information have increased over the past few years.

Find Out More:
They're not always strangers
Safeguard Your Online Experience
Protection From Online Scams
Latest Scam News
[/align][align=center]

[hr]

Who's at the Most Risk of Becoming a Victim of ID Theft?

Everyone is at risk, but adults should pay special attention to secure their elder parents' as well as their children's identities. Seniors are at risk of identity theft from caregivers and a lack of cyber savvy, and can fall prey to scam artists who befriend them. Since it's common to obtain a social security number for your children, years before their first part-time job, these idle identities have become a prime target for full-blown identity theft where a thief establishes credit in your child's name to use for loans or credit cards.

Find Out More:
[URL=http://money.aol.com/bankrate/general/canvas3/_a/top-scams-targeting-the-elderly/

Old 05-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Default RE: ~ Indentity Theft ~ : (

[align=center][/align]
This website is a one-stop national resource to learn about the crime of identity theft. It provides detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.
On this site, consumers can learn how to avoid identity theft – and learn what to do if their identity is stolen. Businesses can learn how to help their customers deal with identity theft, as well as how to prevent problems in the first place. Law enforcement can get resources and learn how to help victims of identity theft.
Read on to find out more about identity theft and what you can do about it.

[align=center][:-]Click US Gov Link Below [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/idtheft/[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

Old 05-31-2007, 03:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

There is also new MLM's (multi-layer-marketing or pyramids) where people are sellingIdentity-Theft protection plans and teaching you how to sellIdentity-Theft plans and recruit other people to sellIdentity-Theft plans.

Remember, the person(s) on the top of the pyramid is the only ones to make the big money. Always be careful of "recruitment" approaches.

Old 05-31-2007, 06:57 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My girlfriend had hr identity stolen. Someone was putting charges to on-line dating services and using her checking account to pay for it.

I told her time and again "Be careful what you do on-line."

But she thought she was buying me a gift and gave out her checking account number.

Not long after, she found out her checking was overdrawn.

When she founf this out she went straight to her bank and told them what had happened. She tod them she wanted a new account number which the bank did and this on-line dating service was nice enough to give her money back. Plus the bank agreed not to do any overdraft charges.

ONLY PROBLEM IS.................. the bank didn't close the old account number and this guy did it again!!!!!

It was clear abuse by the bank's employee. So a second time my girlfriend had to go through the mess of convincing the bank she did not overdraw her checking.

I happen to be friends with this bank's president. I was so tempted to call my friend and demand this employee be repromanded.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 PM

[align=center][quote][/align][align=center]ORIGINAL: rj (Edited by `Space)
My girlfriend had her identity stolen by me.I was putting charges to aon-line X-Rateddating services &and using her checking account to pay for it.

I told her time and again "Be careful what you do on-line & not give out her
bank information."

But she thought she was buying a gift, and gave out her checking account number. Once she did this, I was able to use that number to get all kinds of
chicks @ the online dating service. (No,my g/f is not a blonde : )

Not long after, she found out her checking was overdrawn she said that she wished she would have listened to me : )
[/align][align=center]
When she found this out she went straight to her bank and told them what had happened. She told them she wanted a new account number which the bank did. Plus the bank agreed not to do any overdraft charges.

ONLY PROBLEM IS.......... the bank didn't closeher old account number andI was able to continue using the service & did it again & again & again!!!!!
[/align][align=center]
It was clear abuse by the bank's employee & me, but it was so fun. So a second time my girlfriend had to go through the mess of convincing the bank she did not overdraw her checking and Itold my g/f that I believed her : )[/align][align=center]
I happen to be friends with this bank's president who is using the same dating service as me : ). I called him at the bank andhis employeewas repromanded.
[/align][align=center]The bank Pres & I are going on a double dating service tonight.[\quote][/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][/align][align=center]RJ, U R the Man : )[/align][align=center]Thanks for sharing & helping all the other members.[/align][align=center]We live & we learn : )[/align][align=center][sm=happy046.gif][/align]

Old 05-31-2007, 07:28 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Space. [sm=smiley20.gif]

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 06-01-2007, 06:35 AM

[align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Click below link for I.D. Theft [:-][/align][align=center]http://www.privacyrights.org/identity.htm#sheets[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Members, please post your comments, experiences, tips[/align][align=center]Thanks[/align]

Old 05-10-2013, 05:31 PM

1 in 728 chance for a House Fire and we all have Insurance for it. 1 in 3 for ID Theft and we have NO Protection. So to protect identity always keepmyid helpful.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:33 PM

I think to make more informative post you should include tips and solutions in your post.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jonaspatrick
I think to make more informative post you should include tips and solutions in your post.
This post is... 6 yrs old!

Quick Reply: ~ Indentity Theft ~ : (