Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

taz's visit around the world.. pics only

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:10 PM
1 Year Member
Arrow taz's visit around the world.. pics only

This is a picture only thread of `Taz going around the world getting signatures
from MCF friends, and pics of awesome locations.

Please only post pictures and a brief description of the picture.
thanks from
`Chris

Zilwaukee bridge is in the background.
taken in
Zilwaukee, MI

Thank You
http://www.zilwaukeemichigan.gov/
Click to see Virtual Tour

THE SHIRT IS IN THE HANDS OF:
lucian*91-Chris
wht02monte
Montelicious-Lisa
ChibiBlackSheep-Mike
MaMonte
enzo354-Brock
The_Maniac
spinEm_90-Brittany

Attached Thumbnails taz's visit around the world.. pics only-%60lucian.jpg  

Last edited by lucian*91; 08-28-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Change pic by reQuest : )
Old 06-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Whoever is the first to PM about going next will get it. Dont give me your adress yet, just PM me ~> Send a private message to wht02monte if you want it next. As long as you're in IL I can spend the extra couple bucks or however much it costs, it dont matter to me.

* Please do not post on this thread unless you are the one that has the TAZ Tee Picture to post on this THREAD....THANKS

Last edited by Space; 06-09-2010 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Edit for instructions to Member(s) Posting on this Thread
Old 06-09-2010, 08:17 AM

Member's: For more information about the creation
of this Thread, please click the below link.
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=21084

Click to read what it's all about,
and Please make your post/comments in the above
link thread....
Thank You
This Thread you are reading is for the Member
that receives the Taz Tee 2 sign & post
their Picture of it at their chosen location.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:53 PM

taz's visit around the world.. pics only-pict0280.jpg
Sorry, I dont know what happend to the pic, it looks like some of the pic got cut out. This new camera is giving me some crap and I havnt got it all figured out yet.
The part that is cut out of the pic should say: "DOWNTOWN MORRIS"
But I thought it was a pretty cool place to take the pic seeing as the place I was originally gonna take it, BURNT DOWN the other day (actually, it burnt down the morning I was planning on taking the pic)
The place I was gonna take it was "The Riviera". It was an old hang out that Al Capon used to go to ALOT. But like I said, IT BURNT DOWN and I really couldnt think of any better place to take it other that downtown morris.

Old 07-01-2010, 11:25 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I tried being creative and different. I think everyone knows what this is, and I don't suggest anyone else take pics in a dangerous place like I did on this onramp. We did it as fast as we could. Alot of traffic especially semis/tractor trailers/haulers and dump trucks. Got a few beeps tho from them, lol. Can anyone photoshop these to black out my license plate and sharpen the pics? I like the first shot better because it shows more of the car but it is pretty blurry. Maybe someone can make it better. I will save the raw uncropped versions too in case anyone is making anything at the end with these pics so nothing gets cut off, these are custom sized.

Lisa

Last edited by Montelicious; 07-01-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've got it!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, Me and the Shirt decided to go for a little walk around Philadelphia. There are some landmarks that I would have loved to go to (Independence Hall, Liberty Bell...etc) but trying to get a picture around there is very difficult. Especially when I have to rely on my tripod for the shot.

So I decided to stay in Center City Philadelphia, because there are still plenty of landmarks right by my work.

My First stop with the shirt was at game piece park. It's basically a giant sidewalk, with giant sized versions of game pieces. I LOVE Monopoly, so I decided to take a picture with the Iron game piece (because you have to iron your clothes ) and also with the Wheelbarrow piece. (Really who doesn't WANT to hop in a wheel barrow for pictures?)

After that, I decided to head to Love Park:

Philadelphia is having a nice promotion around the city, where they have Phillies Phanatic statues decorated and set up around the city. Here is the Love Park Phanatic!

(He didn't want to let go of the shirt!!)

Then I started walking up the JFK Boulevard toward the Philly Art Museum. And there were a few stops along the way. The first stop was at the Franklin Institute. Always a great time, and they are having a Cleopatra exhibit right now, which I am going to go to soon hopefully

The next stop was at a statue that was erected for the soldiers of the war:

On the way to the Art Museum, you HAVE to stop and check out The Thinker:

PHEW... Finally made it up the BLVD and to the Art Museum. I tell ya, this heat and humidity is killer for lugging around all this equipment!!!

You know what's so great about this Art Museum?? Those are the same steps that ROCKY RAN UP!!!

HAHA. Now I don't know if these are the only pictures I'm going to take with the shirt before I send it off. I'm staying in the city tonight after work, and I might get some more.

A few people talked to me about the shirt, and I was telling them the story of how it's going to go around the country. Everyone seemed really impressed with the idea. Other people probably thought I was clinically insane, because I would set up my shots, and set the 10 second self timer and RUN to go hold up a T-Shirt...

Either way, this has been extremely fun so far. I can't wait to see where else the shirt shows up!!!!

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 07-09-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member
Smile Taz Shirt in California!

Ok guys, I am all done with the shirt, and its now on its way to Brock! Here are the pictures!

Starting with the Monte and the shirt in Santa Cruz, CA on the Wharf!

This was a challenging shot with the wind blowing. lol

Also challenging with the wind. Also note: I washed my car RIGHT BEFORE driving to Santa Cruz to take these pictures. Well if you look carefully, you will see that some bird decided to crap on my hood, in the very front. This happend on the drive over. LOL.

Me, The Monte, The Taz Shirt in San Francisco, CA...The Golden Gate Bridge is in the background.

Taken through the windshield of the Monte, Taz shirt is in the back seat. LOL!

Just a quick few taken in San Francisco. The shirt was resting in the Monte while me and the GF went on a Bay Cruise.

Thats all for me! Lets see what Brock comes up with!

Old 08-13-2010, 12:00 AM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Got a haircut then went straight to pictures. Some cop followed me by the capitol but whatever, I found somewhere to park. Also it was windy so my gf had to hold the shirt

Memorial stadium. Yea I didn't have a parking pass LOL So I got a quick snap and left.

Sending it tomorrow.

Old 08-21-2010, 05:05 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

Got up early today, changed the oil and gave the Monte a bath. Picked up my friend Jeff and we went cruising around locations of interest near Mentor, Ohio (about 20 minutes east of Cleveland). I'll warn everyone, I just never seem to smile right for the camera (but this was a load of fun, I'm so glad I got a chance to participate). Lots of pics were taken, I'm sharing the best of each location....

Got Taz Ready to go:

On our way out, took a pic of the Monte and Taz at Mentor's Quaker, Steak & Lube:

Then to Squire's Castle in Willoughby Hills (every good knight should make an appearance at a castle):

Next stop, downtown Cleveland (home of MANY things)...
Like, the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame:

Probably the world's largest "FREE" stamp:

Great Lake's Science Center:

Cleveland Browns:

Hard Rock Cafe (no worries, there was NO traffic and the car was NOT moving as the pic in the middle of the road was taken):

Tallest building in DownTown Cleveland (Key Tower), sadly, there was NO hope of capturing the entire building in the shot:

And now we began heading back towards home. Jeff talked me into stopping at what is advertised as "the BEST strip club in town".... For those in the Cleveland area, you hopefully recognize, I speak of none other then Pull-A-Part (a salvage yard I tend to frequent for many of my vehicle needs, such as parts to restore my '84 Camaro):

Back into Mentor, we stop at the home of former president, James A. Garfield:

A brief stop at Annabelle's Diner (during the summer, one of the most popular weekend car cruise-in spots in Mentor):

Head back towards Eastlake, stop at the Boulevard of 500 Flags (this used to be home of another great weekend cruise-in spot, then the city built condo's next to it and well, no more cruise-ins until recently one was held):

Lastly, a stop at a fishing pier for Lake Erie (we sadly could not think of a beach location to drive the Monte on to, but we had to get a pic showing the Lake):

Shortly after arriving back home, it started raining (sad, I just washed the Monte, but at least I got to give Taz a tour around town)!

Old 10-21-2010, 04:26 PM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

This is the shirt in front of Medicine Bluff. More are going to be coming soon, then the shirt will be sent to the next person! The shirt turned out a whole lot smaller than I thought it would... Will fix that in the next set of photos!

Attached Thumbnails taz's visit around the world.. pics only-miller1.jpg  

Quick Reply: taz's visit around the world.. pics only