Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

taz's visit around the world.. pics only

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The time that I had the shirt, we had horrible rainy weather. Weather shared by most of the country. So I didn't get to take all the pictures, and go all the places I had hoped.

In addition to this, most of Windsor's riverfront overlooking the Detroit skyline was under construction. This construction made most of the riverfront inaccessible to the public. There was one area of the riverfront that was still accessible. But as you will see, it's not the greatest vantage point.

The section of riverfront still available has a sculpture garden. So with the sun going down, I quickly snapped a couple pics with a couple of the sculptures.

Okay, enough chit-chat. Here's some of the pics.

Me at my desk signing the shirt.

Detroit skyline. The group of three buildings on the far right is GM World Headquarters.

One of the afore mentioned sculptures in "The Odette Sculpture Garden". These are supposed to be a flock of birds taking off. The shirt is pointed out by the arrow. The wind was really blowing hard in this picture. I had to place the shirt quickly and take the picture before the wind took the shirt and put it in the river.

This is a bronze sculpture of a mother elephant with two young elephants. They say it's supposed to be life size. But I highly doubt it. Shirt is on the right tusk.

More pictures to come. From other locations. But I got to head off to work now.

Attached Thumbnails taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-signing-shirt.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-desk.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-shirt-detroit-skyline.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-shirt-birds.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-shirt-elephants.jpg  

Old 05-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here's the last of my pics. A couple of me with the shirt and my Monte at a place called Willistead Manor. It was the home of whiskey maker Hiram Walker. Hiram Walker's distillery in Windsor (walkerville) is where Canadian Club Whiskey is made. This was a key distillery during the prohibition era. Many people, including mobsters like Al Capone, would use boats (or old cars in the winter time) in the cover of darkness at night to smuggle booze into the U.S. The bottom of the Detroit River is riddled with old Model T Ford's that broke through the ice and sank fully loaded with bootleg booze headed for Detroit. They now produce a number of other products there now as well. Including Wiser's Rye Whiskey.

The other picture was taken at historic Fort Malden in Amherstburg, Ontario. The brass plaque pictured explains the significance of it.

Tasmanian Devil wants to sign the shirt too.
(as I took this picture, I received a PM. Notice the old color scheme of the forum -- yuck)

Me with shirt and the Monte at Willistead Manor.

At historic Fort Malden in Amherstburg, Ontario.

About Fort Malden

Well, that's it for me. I wanted to get together with JuniorCar Brent up in London, Ontario. Unfortunately the weather just didn't want to co-operate with me. Rained almost everyday I had the shirt. Perhaps someday in the future we can get a bunch of us from southern Ontario and south eastern Michigan together for a group shot.

The shirt is currently on it's way to AwesomeSS Amy in Illinois. Maybe the Illinois members can get together for some group shots. Looking forward to the pictures!

Attached Thumbnails taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-mascot-signing-shirt.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-willistead-1.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-willistead-2.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-fort-malden.jpg   taz's visit around the world.. pics only-taz-fort-malden-info.jpg  

Old 07-12-2011, 07:18 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

OK I'm just about done with my photos. I still want to get one more shot and I hope I can get it done this week.
Taz went to a couple of car shows with me...

Here we are at SuperDawg - a very famous hot dog stand in Chicago. They opened this 2nd location here in Wheeling a little over a year ago.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:20 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

Then we went to Volo Auto Museum (please excuse the cruddy pics)

Old 07-16-2011, 07:04 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

I can't leave out Silver! This pic is taken in my town - this lake is in the center of town and was named after the first white settlers of the area - Bangs Lake.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Here are a few of my "taz shirt" pictures. These are just from the Cancun trip so there are still more to come from around Nebraska. (sorry for being half naked in some of the pictures . . . didn't wear a shirt much in mexico ) Enjoy . . .

--packed up and ready to go

--view from our room (left)

--view from our room (right)

--Caribbean Sea

--Caribbean Sea (shortly after sunrise)

--me and the sea

--me and the tee in the sea

--a mildly inappropriate shot of me (and a lighthouse in the distance lol)

After a day or 2 at the resort we decided to walk around town and find a couple random things to take pictures with . . .

--at "Senor Frogs" (a big nightclub down there)

--with Beetlejuice (outside Coco Bongo (another big nightclub))

--at some restaurant downtown

Old 12-14-2011, 12:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011

Here are the pictures from Nebraska. There really isn't much around here, but i did find a couple interesting places to take some pics

A couple with the car...

Brock and I

With my friends Victory & 83 SS

One the Platte River

Glurs Tavern - Columbus (oldest tavern west of the mississippi river - circa 1876)

Old 12-29-2011, 03:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here are a few pics we took today in Florida, soory I dont have my car in them. This is me and my son.

This one is him

And thought we'd have a little fun and do some planking.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Here are the last of my pics and the shirt is on the move to Zach.
Nothing really exciting around here but the local lake.

Here is me and the last is Member Silverfish33 my son.

Old 03-06-2012, 04:48 PM

`Jerry, thanks for your updated pictures of your Awesome rare 07 Monte Carlo S.S. Hunter is getting bigger 4-Sure
Your pictures are a treasure for you & your families future... Hunter is fortunate to have you as his father 4-Sure... Thanks for taking/posting/sharing...EnJoyed your pic's & those from our member's also Thanks EveryOne

Who drove home ? LOL
* note *^ altered pic by space

Attached Thumbnails taz's visit around the world.. pics only-jerry-son-hunter.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 03-06-2012 at 04:51 PM.