Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

speaker not working :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 09:45 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question speaker not working :(

welll my rear drivers side speaker isnt getting a signal test my stock speaker on the wire too nada so theres nop power oming throught the line and no obvious cuts. i dont know whether a wire can just go bad? i mean it knock out really quick both of my back speakers but the passenger side came back. i still have the original theftlock delco tape player with that presets dont light up. so i need to know if its just the old head unit or the wiring. maybe a comoon problem? my birthday is soon so maybe i can get a new sony headunit from my parents if thats all it is

Old 03-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by tps221
welll my rear drivers side speaker isnt getting a signal test my stock speaker on the wire too nada so theres nop power oming throught the line and no obvious cuts. i dont know whether a wire can just go bad? i mean it knock out really quick both of my back speakers but the passenger side came back. i still have the original theftlock delco tape player with that presets dont light up. so i need to know if its just the old head unit or the wiring. maybe a comoon problem? my birthday is soon so maybe i can get a new sony headunit from my parents if thats all it is
Your headunit may be going bad, in our trail blazer half of the lights are bad and only one speaker works, so i dont know if there's an error with the headunit or if I need to look at the back of the headunit and the amp to see if there's a loose wire

Old 03-10-2012, 09:54 AM
3 Year Member1 Year Member

on mine i looked its onr big clip of wires that goes to all of the speakers and antenna and it looked good