Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

>>>Sound`Off MCF<<<

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation >>>Sound`Off MCF<<<

Sound `Off Member's

Hi Member's,
Do you have any suggestions to improve the MCF ?
Please post your idea's, suggestions etc.
What don't you like ? What could be improved ?

Please share your thoughts, opinions, suggestions,
recommendations
"The MCF will only be as good or Bad as the Member's make `it"
Please make a post, or think about it & stop back.
It's your Forum!
Thank You!

Your Turn

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-13-2015 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2015, 07:55 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I personally think it all begins with getting new members.
When I talk to people I mention the MCF frequently and I have also put the website in the sig of my emails. You just never know who it will reach.
If people have web pages, they could put a link to the MCF to draw people to our forum.
I also did something that some may think is a little weird but I had a coupon for free business cards and I ordered them with the words "check out www.montecarloforum.com". When I see someone with a Monte I hand them one or if I see a Monte in a parking lot, I put one on their window.
I am proud of the forum and proud to be a member!! I think that when people are able to show the pride they take in something such as their Monte and this forum, people will come and check out the forum and also become a proud member(and it progresses from there)!! I really think that getting the forum name out there through current members is the best way to do it.
I know I saw a post on here from quite awhile ago about the possibility of tshirts being ordered?! I know that can be a major pain but if tshirts were available for sale, I am sure people would buy them and wear them. Offer one color, such as sports grey or black, with the website on the back with a new Monte crest at the front of the website and an old Monte crest behind it or both crests below the website name(or something like that).

Just a few ideas but I think it all boils down to getting new people to check out the forum and the more people we bring in, the higher chance there is of finding active members who will bring new topics and information.
The forum itself is wonderful !! So much information, great people willing to help, and it's plain fun!!!
It's been a bit since I became a member and I don't remember what all was submitted to become a member but is there a way to have a place on it for how you heard about the forum(and make it a section that must be filled in)? Something like this:
___ Member referral (then must give members forum name)
___ Internet browsing
___ Sponsor referral
___ Other
Make it a contest among members to refer the forum and bring in new active members.
Ok I have given more than two cents worth!!!

Last edited by P343; 03-14-2015 at 05:25 AM. Reason: punctuation..lol
Old 03-14-2015, 01:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

X2 what Barb Said. She's a smart Lady!
I would like to add something that is a pet peeve of mine! I think every member should be required to put their First Name, or at least a Nick Name they prefer, and at least the State in which they reside!
When I reply to a post, especially to a new member, being able to call them by their name or nick name, is much more Personable than their Screen name. When someone replies to my post and uses my Preferred Name, "JC", I am more likely to reply to them than to someone who just post a response.

I can understand if a new member doesn't want "The World" to know where they live. But even Road Island is Too big and has Too Many Montes of a given gen, for me or any of us to go on a wild goose chase looking for their car. It's good to know, in general, we're someone is from. If any member, new or old is in need of trans work, there is a shop here in Jersey that has done work on both my current cars, and I am very pleased. But I would not recommend this shop to a guy/gal from Canada, New Mexico, or even South Jersey. Obviously, they need a shop that is local to them.

Other than that, I have no complaints about MCF or any of its members! I've butt heads with a few, but we all have different experiences and Therefor different opinions. And that's the idea. (Have you had THIS Problem? And if so, how did YOU solve it?) That's what makes MCF a Great site to be a member of!

Last edited by JC Colon; 03-14-2015 at 01:39 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 04:45 AM
Default >Your Turn<

Thanks `Barbara & J.C. for your words, posts, thoughts & great suggestions + being super active contributing MCF Member's

I hope that this thread and member's contributions/suggestions helps keep our forum active & improving for the betterment of every member

I hope that more of our member's take time to post their positive suggestions on how to improve the MCF. Thanks!

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 03-14-2015 at 04:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:19 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Yes, the name/nickname and at least state are good ideas, JC.
I believe people would feel like they really belong here when you can respond with something like "Welcome to the forum Bob" or "Hey Picklehead, where did you get those cool headlights?". Like you said, it is more personable. People will return to, and be active in, a place they feel personally welcome.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:24 AM
Talking Hello & Welcome 2 "Sound`Off MCF"

Hi `Barbara, I also hope that our member's stop in on our Blog & get to know other active member's. I also hope that we can find a way to encourage member's to greet new member's when they join the MCF + say hello & greet them when they visit our MCF `Blog.

"Make everyone feel "Welcomed 2 their Monte Carlo Family"

Old 03-14-2015, 05:31 AM

3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Hi BBMike!! When you feel welcome, you want to stay and then come back once you do have to leave!!!

Old 03-14-2015, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by P343
Hi BBMike!! When you feel welcome, you want to stay and then come back once you do have to leave!!!
`amen

Old 03-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
`amen
DITTO all that stuff ( But I would like to see you Post the winning Lottery #'s before the drawing) I want to win that thing so I can have more Monte's Camaros and Corvettes.

Last edited by drivernumber3; 03-14-2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling typo
Old 03-15-2015, 06:42 AM
Question

Thanks Member's for your posts/suggestions.

If the MCF Staff every needs another MCF Moderator (?)
I'd like to nominate Member P343

`Barbara

How are our Moderator's & Administrator's selected ?
Do the member's have any involvement/selection ?