Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Just a Little Hello

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2015, 08:21 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Just a Little Hello

Hi MCF Family,
I just wanted to say Hi, to our Members, Old and New. And make a little Introduction and Suggestion.
My name is "JC", at least that's what my friends call me. For the next 8 days I am from Garfield NJ. Then I will be moving across the country to Kent Wa.
I'm doing this post because I think it is important for our members to be able to respond to each others post and be able to use the Posters/Postees name when replying. I notice that a lot of members have nothing in the Name and Location sections of there info. And nothing in there screen names to indicate if that is what they prefer to be called or if it is the name of there Montes.
I don't know about most of you, but I like it when a member starts of a response to my post with "Hi JC".

I understand that members, Old and New, may feel a little insecure about putting their location, City and State in their Personal info. So why not just put the State? We have members in all States. I think we even have members in England, Australia, and Germany. "Wow!"

My reasoning behind this is, let's say you need Transmission work. We'll, there is a Transmission shop here in North Jersey that I would Highly Recommend. He did a complete rebuild on My Minion, and a Valve Body and 100k mile service on my Mrs's Altima. We are both very pleased. But if I know that you are from New Mexico, I'm not going to recommend him to you!
There are Meet and Greats you could be invited to in your state. Would be nice to meet the members local to you and cruise around in a group of Montes. But you can't get that invite if no one knows you are in the area. I'm going to my 3rd meet, this one is in Tacoma Wa. in April. I'm not in the state yet but I will be by then. The 2 meets I've attended here, we're great.

My point is, these to things will make you more approachable, and make you feel more welcome, and maybe more at home when a member responds to you and uses your name/nick name!

I've found in my 3 years as a member of MCF, that this is a very welcoming and informative site. The members are Very Friendly. Although it's nice to have growing membership, it's even Nicer to have growing Friendships! And I for one am Glad I have MCF as my Friend!

So put your Name/Nick Name and at least you State in the About Me section of your profile, Make a few Hundred Friends.
And Welcome to the MCF Family!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2015, 08:35 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Excellent post JC!!! I agree with you. We want everyone here to feel comfortable posting and if someone uses my name, I feel more comfortable!!
So for those who do not know, my name is Barbara and I am from Albany, Indiana. I am the operations manager of a flagpole AND American flag manufacturing company. For fun, I drag race my 84 Monte and hang out here on the forum.
My Montes are in my sig below.
I hope everyone responds and puts where they are from etc and what they would like to be called.
I know someone made a post called "Indiana" yesterday. This person is a newer member looking to find people nearby to meet up with and possibly hit some shows with. By knowing where everyone is, like JC said, it would be much easier for people to try to meet in person and get some really cool pics of our awesome members and their Montes!!! Those posts can then be shared here on the forum! I think these meetings will make us all feel more connected to the forum!!

Last edited by P343; 03-14-2015 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 11:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Good Idea JC,

Name is Ken, but I don't mind people calling me O'Hara on the forum. I live in Brockville Ontario canada, but have lived all across Canada throughout my life (by the time I was 18 I had lived in 18 different houses lol)

I am a musician at heart and a clinical supervisor second, but I've put out an album and been featured on a few other albums as well as been on tv numerous times playing.

Other than that I'm about as easy going as they come (the wife sometimes checks me for a pulse lol) and if anyone's ever in the area let me know so we can meet up, especially if it's a night my band is playing, you will have a great time as there are always people (girls) dancing when we play

Old 03-14-2015, 12:00 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My name is Amy and I live in Wauconda, IL. besides Space, I have been here the longest who posts on a regular basis.
I have 2 cars and they are in my sig. Don't really talk about the Monte much because I am done modding it and I only drive it to car shows these days.
I work as a Production Artist at a label company doing prepress and running the printers.

Old 03-14-2015, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks Amy, Ken and Barb for your support on this post! Even tough you guys have been members for a long time and have your names in your profiles, it's nice to Re - introduce yourselves every now and then!
My hope is that some of the members who do not have their preferred names and locations in there profiles, will not only introduce themselves here, but will also add that info to their profiles.
And as I said, this is for Old as well as New members! Get Everyone involved! This is actually Fun and Interesting!

Old 03-14-2015, 05:39 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

It is interesting to know about the people I spend so much time with. I went back and edited mine when Amy and Ken put in their introductions what they did for a living. I was going to start a post on that about a week ago and forgot to do it...LOL

Old 03-14-2015, 06:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Good luck on the move JC!

Old 03-15-2015, 06:38 AM

Hi J.C.,
Super > Super Thread & Content 4>Sure
Thanks for posting + being a super active contributing member

Old 03-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

good post indeed,
gello people my name is george owens and i am from philly pa, i work in the shipping depart of a steel company and i actually like the job and can see myself retireing from there even though im 24 right now. i hope there are other nearby members i know there is a few already and i look forward to meeting some of you

Old 03-15-2015, 10:11 AM
5 Year Member

Hi guys. I Bumped this post because I want it to stay fresh. It's getting some good support and I would like to see it continue!
As Barb said, it is interesting to know something about the people we here, spend so much time with. I find it interesting to see the short discription of ourselves, we post here!

I am an out of work, US Navy trained Electronics Technician and Self Taught (Shade Tree) Mechanic. And i have a Way with words!
Although being out of work at this time was not the plan, it's OK because it helps to facilitate my move across the country.
I have been a member here for 2 1/2 years And Love MCF! I wonder how many of the cars I have owned, would still be alive today if they had the support I've found here on MCF?
Well, that's me, JC, in a nut shell (aka My Brain)!

Thanks to all the members who have already participated in this post! I am hoping and looking forward to a lot more member participation in this!
So don't be shy, Introduce Yourself!!!!
Thanks

P.S. Don't forget to add your Preferred Name and Location in your profile if it's not already there!

Last edited by JC Colon; 03-15-2015 at 10:42 AM.

Quick Reply: Just a Little Hello