Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Say Hello To Summer

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 01:12 PM

Looks really nice man. It will look even better without the stripes. you should debadge as well. Can't wait to see it all tinted and "wheeled" up. Lots of pics please!

Old 06-08-2011, 01:54 PM

$325 is a great price for a cat-back system. I can see now why you chose that one. Of course, they don't offer one for my Monte though!

I didn't know you had a Chevelle. What year is it? Any pics up anywhere? I don't see it listed on the CarDomain page for your Monte.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:02 PM

Good looking car, but my first impression was that those stripes on the sides/doors have to go. Not sure how you feel about those.
Have you checked the actual gas mileage? That trip computer in my Pace Car shows consistently 2.5-3 mpg better than it actually does when you divide the miles driven by the gallons put in. Regardless, I'd be pretty happy with the fuel mileage and 300 horsepower.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie
$325 is a great price for a cat-back system. I can see now why you chose that one. Of course, they don't offer one for my Monte though!

I didn't know you had a Chevelle. What year is it? Any pics up anywhere? I don't see it listed on the CarDomain page for your Monte.
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...elle-ss-16159/

Old 06-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Congrat's on the new ride. Very sweet! I had the chance to drive one a few weeks ago and was heartily impressed with both performance and gas mileage. I achieved high 20's over 300+ miles of city/highway driving. Much better than I was expecting.

Enjoy! (Like I even have to say that...)
Thanks, and I will. I guarantee it.
Originally Posted by LuSe4
Looks really nice man. It will look even better without the stripes. you should debadge as well. Can't wait to see it all tinted and "wheeled" up. Lots of pics please!
Thanks! Tape stripe delete is probably happening tonight, but I actually like the tri-bar pony emblems on the side. They're staying for now. I'll be sure post pictures as it comes along.
Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie

That's what I was thinking, when I saw the regular price of $400 I was sold. The $75 back just sweetened the deal.
The '69 Chevelle SS was my dad's. He passed away in 2005.
Pics here: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...elle-ss-16159/
And here: https://montecarloforum.com/forum/si...ss-pics-22101/
Originally Posted by KJRich
Good looking car, but my first impression was that those stripes on the sides/doors have to go. Not sure how you feel about those.
Have you checked the actual gas mileage? That trip computer in my Pace Car shows consistently 2.5-3 mpg better than it actually does when you divide the miles driven by the gallons put in. Regardless, I'd be pretty happy with the fuel mileage and 300 horsepower.
Thank you! The stripes are gone tonight. I personally haven't checked the MPG's manually, but from what I've read on the Mustang Forums the DIC calc is actually conservative and manually doing it usually nets 1-2 better than displayed.
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Thanks Mike!
Looking at it always makes me miss him.

Old 06-08-2011, 03:56 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Nice looking car and without those stripes and with your wheels will be very sharp. Then add the window tint and you're cruising. The side window louvers are relativbely cheap. I got mine on Ebay when I had the 05 and they came painted to match. Improves looks alot. Good luck with it and I hope you are happy now!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

very nice looking Mustang man, congrats....

btw, did you take all your mods off the Monte before you sold it to the dealer? selling anything good?

Old 06-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by 77gp
Nice looking car and without those stripes and with your wheels will be very sharp. Then add the window tint and you're cruising. The side window louvers are relativbely cheap. I got mine on Ebay when I had the 05 and they came painted to match. Improves looks alot. Good luck with it and I hope you are happy now!
Thank you, I'm very happy now!! As far as the window louvers go, I'm not a fan. I have other things in mind though.
Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
very nice looking Mustang man, congrats....

btw, did you take all your mods off the Monte before you sold it to the dealer? selling anything good?
Thank you!! I took it all off. So just about anything I did that wasn't from the factory I'll have for sale. I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures and putting a For Sale section thread together. Stay tuned.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mustang looks good...cant wait to see it with tint, no stripe, and your wheels

Old 06-08-2011, 04:50 PM

Congrats! +1 on taking off the stripes.

Quick Reply: Say Hello To Summer