Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Say Hello To Summer

Old 06-08-2011, 10:12 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009
Talking Say Hello To Summer

2012 Mustang V6 Premium, 6-speed automatic, pony package, HID headlamps, security package, reverse sensor system, comfort package.

Black on black, just how Henry Ford intended!

I'm smiling ear to ear guys and gals... So I'll give you a few quick camera phone shots that I took the other night.

I couldn't be happier!

As far as plans go, I should be getting the windows tinted this weekend, I'll have the lower tape stripe removed tonight, and I'll be putting my black wheels from the Monte on it whenever I feel like it. I will try to conserve the stock A/S tires for winter and see how it goes. I actually wasn't sure how crazy I was about the stock 18" polished aluminum wheels, but I have to tell you, in person, I think they're great. They look very upscale and remind me of the wheels that were on the 2011 Shelby GT500's.

I have more plans, but they'll come. Now I have to just pay for the car. lol

What do ya think?!?

Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You should name this car Smithers.

Ya know... it's not Mr. Burns but it has its charms.

Ahh who am I kidding. I think the newer Mustangs are great cars and I'm happy for you!!! Just don't be a stranger here

Old 06-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
You should name this car Smithers.

Ya know... it's not Mr. Burns but it has its charms.

Ahh who am I kidding. I think the newer Mustangs are great cars and I'm happy for you!!! Just don't be a stranger here
I won't. I promise! I'll stick around and spread my sarcasm.

And thank you!! I can't name it Smithers though because that's my fiance's g-ma's car's name. lol I like Summer. :p

It's the summer of Stang!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:27 AM

15 Year Member

At least we now know who it was who killed Mr. Burns.

Old 06-08-2011, 10:30 AM
Photobucket

At least we now know who it was who killed Mr. Burns.

You know, Maggie isn't a bad name either... lol

Old 06-08-2011, 10:32 AM

What do I think? I think I should've been a computer science major when I was in college! LOL
Another IT guy with 2 cars! I don't know how y'all do it. I just paid off the loan on my Monte, and I'm glad to have some breathing room not having to make payments every month. Between the (one) car payment, insurance, gasoline (over $200/mo) and maintenance, just having one car eats up a big chunk of my income. I can't imagine trying to keep two. But, if you can swing it, more power to you!

As for the Mustang itself, I really like the latest gen. I think I might like it better than the Camaro, actually. If I was to sell the Monte, I'd definitely look at the Mustang.

I saw a nice 2011 or 2012 Mustang V6 Premium on YouTube that was black. I think he had the side scoops the the rear of the doors, louvers on the side quarter windows, and possibly a hood scoop. Good idea deleting the tape stripe. Don't care for those myself. Good luck with the new ride!

Old 06-08-2011, 10:35 AM

15 Year Member

He traded in the Monte for the Mustang

Agreed on the Maggie name lol

Old 06-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by myfirstbowtie
What do I think? I think I should've been a computer science major when I was in college! LOL
Another IT guy with 2 cars! I don't know how y'all do it. I just paid off the loan on my Monte, and I'm glad to have some breathing room not having to make payments every month. Between the (one) car payment, insurance, gasoline (over $200/mo) and maintenance, just having one car eats up a big chunk of my income. I can't imagine trying to keep two. But, if you can swing it, more power to you!

As for the Mustang itself, I really like the latest gen. I think I might like it better than the Camaro, actually. If I was to sell the Monte, I'd definitely look at the Mustang.

I saw a nice 2011 or 2012 Mustang V6 Premium on YouTube that was black. I think he had the side scoops the the rear of the doors, louvers on the side quarter windows, and possibly a hood scoop. Good idea deleting the tape stripe. Don't care for those myself. Good luck with the new ride!
Yeah, the Monte SS is gone. I got $14,000 for it on a trade-in. Only $2,500 less than what I paid for a lil over 2 years ago. This car will be better on gas and it shouldn't need anything maintenance wise for some time. While the Monte, reaching 40K miles was coming up on some work that needed to be done. I'll also mention that I got 5 years bumper to bumper and 5 years free maintenance on the new Mustang. I couldn't pass it up.
Thank you for the kind words though, and I agree, Mustang > Camaro!
He traded in the Monte for the Mustang

Agreed on the Maggie name lol
Sure did, and thanks for the suggestion Mike!

Old 06-08-2011, 11:34 AM

Hi `Ted,
I really like your new Mustang, and was happy to read
that you are removing the stripe.
I think you made a super deal 4-Sure & that you got the
Prem Pkg

Wish you many safe/happy miles in your new "Summer"
Will be looking forward to your future reviews + pic's
of what you do to Summer : )
Happy 4 U 4 - Sure
..I'm in love again ~>
Above is my Novice PhotoChop attempt to see
what it would look like with no stripe + tint

Attached Thumbnails Say Hello To Summer-ted-mustang.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 06-08-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Photobucket

Thanks a lot 'Space. I think it looks great how you've shopped it. I can't wait to see it this way in a few day and then I'll make sure to take some more pictures.

I'll write a little review as well. I'll put something together I think. And the name might change. Mike gave me another good idea. lol

How do you think my black wheels will look on it??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Say Hello To Summer