Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, 4/30/2016 >Check In<

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 05:19 PM

Afternoon guys. Just wanted to say thank you for the birthday wishes the other day. I was on the road and didn't have a chance to respond. Hope y'all are well. Just waiting in Dodge City on our next load, then I gotta stop in OK and go through the DMV and give them my money on Monday to convert my CDL permit to a full license.

Old 04-30-2016, 05:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

[QUOTE=BeachBumMike;688094]
Hi `Ken, it's good you got another gig to help pay for the high cost of basement repairs + your new super mod's to your Monte.

Do your kids help you wash & wax the Monte ?

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4]Wish you a great day & fun `gig >EnJoy

Thanks for the well wishes for the gig tonight.

I won't let the kids wash or clean any of my cars after they scratched the wife's monte cleaning snow off a few years ago. Lol

I hope life is treating you well

Old 04-30-2016, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up "Be Happy 2 `be You 4-Sure"

Hi `Keane, you don't need friends like that. There's always something to do if you really think about it. You could spend time with your Monte Carlo Family. There's always someone online. There's also so much to explore on the web on just about every subject. I never get bored if I have access to the web.

Also, there's a ton of things on the TV, even with broadcast/antenna only TV. Some of my friends have cable with 100's + channels on just about everything. I don't watch to much TV, but I did watch the crazy wrecking ending to the NASCAR Infinity Race > WoW. I watched as I did job work and the ending was wild. Did you watch it ?

Also, I hope you get some good routes. If you have the time you should join some clubs or associations of things that you like to do ? I'm not a active church goer, but when I've went with friends I've met some super nice people. You just got to get out there & explore. I don't like to go to bars to meet people, but I've met some nice people when I go to the Malls and get things I need. I'd search out places of things you like to do. Don't give up and keep trying 4-Sure.

Wish you a good evening in whatever you `do. Spend time with your family & `be happy to have one (Many don't) ...Oh, How's your grandmother doing ? That's all my coffee buzz is fading... Peace/Out from your MCF friend `Mike \
p.s. Hi Ken, I understand that it's safer to do it yourself (LOL).
Thanks for your post & well wishes. Wish you a fun eve > EnJoy <

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-30-2016 at 05:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Thumbs up Hi Birthday Boy

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Afternoon guys. Just wanted to say thank you for the birthday wishes the other day. I was on the road and didn't have a chance to respond. Hope y'all are well. Just waiting in Dodge City on our next load, then I gotta stop in OK and go through the DMV and give them my money on Monday to convert my CDL permit to a full license.

Hi SgtMajor `Drew,
Sorry I missed your post on my last visit to the Blog.

I hope you had a good birthday...Did you do anything special or will you ? It's good that you will have your CFL full license. There's many companies that need good drivers. Do you like your job so far ? Do like the other truckers you meet. At the port I meet a lot of them and some are great and some are bad...Just like everyone else. They do have some exciting stories of their life on the roads...

Wish you a great weekend & I hope you can watch or listen to the race tomorrow. Wish you safe & Fun Travels. Enjoy the adventures & get paid for it

Old 04-30-2016, 06:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I unfortunately have this scenario happen way more often than i'd like. I don't watch much tv anymore either. If i get into a show i'm usually not around to see new episodes and i don't have a way to record them.

Old 04-30-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
I unfortunately have this scenario happen way more often than i'd like. I don't watch much tv anymore either. If i get into a show i'm usually not around to see new episodes and i don't have a way to record them.

Hi `Keane, I've learned that I'd rather be by myself then be with others that are just into themselves or use people in their life. Many of my old surfer friends are married or hang out at bars/fight & get into trouble or into pot etc. It's sad, but they think they are the real beach bums of Florida. They still live @ home and mooch from others. It's sad because they use to be clean & just have fun. They tried college, but just partied, they tried work and didn't like it. I blame their parents a lot or society.

I hope you don't give up on finding good, true friends. You are the driver of you life and you just have to keep searching & find the right map to get you out and search/find. I know the bum's & I use to volunteer to many charities growing up and we'd meet some super people. Your an intellect person & even the web is a great place to research different organizations that you may find interesting. Helping others is always good & rewarding. I always feel better when I help others. I'm not as active as I was because of my transit life employment, but I found many people I like when I travel & keep in contact with....by emails etc.

I hope I've given you some things to think about and search out. Wish you a great adventure in your search. You have a lot going for you with a degree, good family, nice rides, lots of good hobbies etc. Good Luck & count your blessings +'s in life. There's many out there that would love to trade you places...Now, get out there or on the web and search

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-30-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good evening everyone, was such a nice day today that i slept through it lol was nice finally catching up on much needed sleep though

Old 04-30-2016, 10:11 PM

Didn't do anything special. We had to deliver our load the next day, so I covered almost 600 miles on my shift. When I go home tomorrow I'm sure my folks will want to do something for my bday.