Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: Who posted your favorite picture?
GTHSS
77.78%
drivernumber3
22.22%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Bi-Monthly Photo Contest Voting- "Industrial"

Old 04-25-2016, 07:24 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member
Default Bi-Monthly Photo Contest Voting- "Industrial"

This is the voting thread for the bi-monthly photo contest. This time the theme was "Industrial"
We had two awesome photos submitted. Now it is time to vote for you favorite.
Voting will end Saturday morning.

GTHSS

drivernumber3

Old 04-25-2016, 10:09 AM

Thanks Mod Barbara for putting this contest 2gether!
Member's please VOTE for your favorite!

Old 04-27-2016, 06:44 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Voting is still going on for the photo contest also!!!

Old 04-28-2016, 05:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Not feeling the love on this one!?!?!?!

Not feeling the love on this one!?!?!?!
Well shucks I was lucky to get this photo, taken. The weather cleared and I was home a brief time, the wife had surgery, she made me haul more dog gone mulch than I have ever put out 106 bags of that stuff, my back was all done.
Anyway I have not voted yet, I rarely vote for myself. If I entered the contest that is my vote.
I do like photo #1 by GTHSS though good subject matter and composition for sure.
A quick thank you to who ever voted for my pic

Old 04-28-2016, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Thanks Drivernumber3! I did not vote for myself either.

That's a cool looking warehouse in your pic, the chimney is rather attractive. I almost submitted a pic of my Monte in front of an old tobacco warehouse. After I took the picture and was driving off I saw some vulgar graffiti on the wall. When I got home sure enough the graffiti was readable in the pic. I despise low life graffiti idiots.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Thanks Drivernumber3! I did not vote for myself either.

That's a cool looking warehouse in your pic, the chimney is rather attractive. I almost submitted a pic of my Monte in front of an old tobacco warehouse. After I took the picture and was driving off I saw some vulgar graffiti on the wall. When I got home sure enough the graffiti was readable in the pic. I despise low life graffiti idiots.
This Warehouse is something one of the fellows in town has fixed up and it is now kind of a private club. Once a week they have a get together there. I have been told it has a fully stocked bar, pool tables and other stuff. The ultimate man C.... Warehouse. lol

Old 04-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Voted!
I also like the warehouse in drivernumber3's entry. Now that I've heard the rest of the story I like it better.

Way back before the tourists took over the town there was a restaurant/bar called Capone's Warehouse on Cannery Row. Looked legit until you went in the front door where there was a room with pinball machines and a phone booth. The phone booth was fake, was really a door to the bar. Good times growing up in Monterey.

Old 04-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Default >You're a Winner<

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Not feeling the love on this one!?!?!?!

Anyway I have not voted yet, I rarely vote for myself. If I entered the contest that is my vote.

Hi `Dale, I think your look a like Dale would vote for himself. He always went for the win.

"I'd vote for myself, because I'm a winner

I was taught to believe in myself & if I had your talent at taking pictures, I would believe in them and vote for them.

If I had a Monte Carlo & it was in a contest, I'd believe it was a winner & I would Vote for it. Does that sound selfish. Not to me, I strive to be a winner at everything I do. I fail a lot, but I don't give up.

Everyone is programed or taught different then the rest. Wish you good wins in your life & I hope your back is OK...

Peace/Out from `Mike

Old 04-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Now I like the warehouse even more too!

Old 04-30-2016, 07:52 AM
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by Barovelli
Voted!
I also like the warehouse in drivernumber3's entry. Now that I've heard the rest of the story I like it better.

Way back before the tourists took over the town there was a restaurant/bar called Capone's Warehouse on Cannery Row. Looked legit until you went in the front door where there was a room with pinball machines and a phone booth. The phone booth was fake, was really a door to the bar. Good times growing up in Monterey.
Here is an old photo you might recognize.

The Tracks lead towards Cannery Row if you go to the left. The Presidio is behind and up the hill.
I used to make this trip during the summer to go to the Pool in PG. when the road goes up to Lighthouse Ave. and the lower road ? turned towards Cannery row I would walk that distance to the pool. They may have called it New Monterey.
Along the street back in the 60's some kid hopped up on the sidewalk and pulled a switchblade on me.

Attached Thumbnails Bi-Monthly Photo Contest Voting- &quot;Industrial&quot;-scans11.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 04-30-2016 at 07:53 AM. Reason: photo

Search this Thread