Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Saturday, 4/30/2016 >Check In<

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by P343
Mod David- I got the car all ready to go last night in anticipation of racing today. Makes Saturday mornings MUCH easier on me. But Mother Nature is being hateful to us racers today and we have been rained out Now I will try to figure out what I am going to do today. Just saw your post..I run mechanical secondaries. I am also only running 1800 stall and a stock 2:42 rear end. Once I put in a 3000 stall and the 390 rear end with full spool I acquired...she will be down in the 12 second range.
I just noticed after the 30ft mark or so..
It starts to come alive.. it's good you have mech 2ndarys
Do you have vacuum advance on the distributor?
If so..
I'd change the weights on the built in mechanical advance and eliminate the vacuum advance all together.
That's way it "will" help it to spool up quicker..
Thus quicker et's.. while waiting for your other parts..
Just a thought.

Sorry you got rained out

Old 04-30-2016, 11:28 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Do you have vacuum advance on the distributor?
If so..
I'd change the weights on the built in mechanical advance and eliminate the vacuum advance all together.
Yes, vacuum advance at the distributor. I will have to look up how to change the weights and eliminate the vacuum advance.
With this new cam my 60 ft times are down to 1.19!! They were in the 1.50's

Old 04-30-2016, 11:29 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Watching some wild truck racing! 10 times better than NASCAR! Its V8 Super Trucks racing on asphalt road course with jumps. Wild!! Trucks spin out, no caution, they just put it in gear and gas it hard and go!

The trucks look like off road desert racers but they are going all out with soft suspensions. The trucks lay over in the corners. This is good stuff. They said Robby Gordon started this series. He is a driver in it. It is "Stadium Super Trucks"! Yall should check it out!

It is on CBSSports Network.

Old 04-30-2016, 11:37 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Thumbs up >EnJoy your Now>WoW<

Thanks Mod Barb for your reply. Yes, I agree with you it's better to be free then to be obligated to a sponsor +.

The reward for a private racer is the fun and comradeship of other's that get the same joy/rewards from racing their own vehicle. I haven't raced many times @ a 1/4 track, but the times I did I really enjoyed. I just wanted to see what my car would do. I didn't like abusing it time & time again. I've always wanted to build a car to drag and have another like you for a daily driver.

I know that I had a blast racing Go-Karts with the bum's and always wanted to have my own one and not a track owned one. The Bum's and I were banned from a few tracks in our area. We got kinda crazy (LOL)...we were in our teens then, but I think if we got back on the track we'd do the same thing (LOL).

Yes, invoice's are difficult to figure out & it's giving me a headache..
I found one company she was sending checks to @ a Post Office box that's not a company we deal with...Total over $3K so far. I think it will be turned over to our companies Security Office. Some people, you just can't trust Also, PDF reading sucks (LOL) This is not the type of work that I enjoy. I rather be sweeping out the container's on the docks (LOL)...Oh, I feel better now that I got that off my mind (LOL)...

Wish you & Member's a fun/safe/happy day, weekend >Life>Enjoy<

Old 04-30-2016, 11:41 AM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

My daily driver DOES have a few times slips of her own. The first time was to see what she would do and the others were when the 84 was down for one reason or another and it was a points race...lol
3k? wow...yeah I would probably b turning that in to security also.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Cool 2 `be free 2 `be (so many are not)

Thanks Mod Barbara for your words. It is great that you have two Monte's to enjoy & one for your points racing. Which one do you like best or does it depend on your mood ? I know, they are both special in their own way

I'm glad I don't know this lady & I hope she has a family problem or reason for her wrongs, but if it was for greed, then I think she should pay the price for her wrong(s). I found a few more since I know what to look for...(I'm glad it's only for this year...I just finished March & on2 April...Total of 1400 invoices : (

Sadly, there seems to be a lot of bad people out there in this world.

OK, is it party time yet ? I'm ready or will `be (LOL)...

What's everyone else doing ? Oh, thanks Tommy for your post/infor. I checked it out on the thread you posted ...Thanks..

OK, whose next to keep this thread & our MCF active...

I think it's you reading this *Thanks in advance

Old 04-30-2016, 12:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Afternoon everyone just relaxing as I have a gig tonight and probably going to wash and wax Carloss this afternoon and pick up some pine to finish off the basement with other than that keeping it low key today

Hope everyone enjoys their day

Old 04-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Highly doubt i'll stay on this route as its a training route and theres more new people coming in after me.

Old 04-30-2016, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by ohara
Afternoon everyone just relaxing as I have a gig tonight and probably going to wash and wax Carloss this afternoon and pick up some pine to finish off the basement with other than that keeping it low key today

Hope everyone enjoys their day

Hi `Ken, it's good you got another gig to help pay for the high cost of basement repairs + your new super mod's to your Monte.

Do your kids help you wash & wax the Monte ?

Wish you a great day & fun `gig >EnJoy<

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Highly doubt i'll stay on this route as its a training route and theres more new people coming in after me.

Hi `Keane, wish you a good route...Do UPS personnel get tips ?
Are you meeting any nice single ladies ? Do you find people nice when you contact them ? Are they happy 2 see you ?

Do UPS Employee's have badges or ranks to reflect their time or position for UPS ?

* Good run for MOTY & Congrat's also for your top picks last week in NASCAR!
Great competition & contest this year for all the MOTM Winner's.

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 04-30-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-30-2016, 01:33 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by P343
Yes, vacuum advance at the distributor. I will have to look up how to change the weights and eliminate the vacuum advance.
With this new cam my 60 ft times are down to 1.19!! They were in the 1.50's
That's kind of what I noticed in the video..it's then I noticed a little rpms difference. . it's easy enough to (and inexpensive) change out the springs on the weights in the distributor thus allowing the advance to come on a lot faster..thus eliminating the use of vacuum dependance..otherwise will also allow you to add a cpl degrees of timing to improve not only your 60 ft times..but also improve on your overall et's..

Oh..
Just like your racing was cancelled. .so is racing at the rock due to poor weather conditions. .

Last edited by STUMPMI; 04-30-2016 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Addition