Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

President Who?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 07:43 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: President Who?

okay, lets not pull a race card, i think both of those posts were over stepping the line.

i, also, am a registered libertarian, but i don't believe Bob Barr is our man either.

Bob Barr went into Congress in 1996? and wasnamed one of the mostconservative members. He was a leader of the war on drugs and the efforts to impeach Clinton, amongst supporting several other extremly conservative bills. Plus, he, like McCain, was a leader of Congress when the Republicans ahd the power and doubled the size of government over the course of the 12 years the held the power.

A few years ago, he "repented" os to speak from several of his views. He now believes what happened with Clinton was a private issue that should not have gone public. He now believes the War on Drugs is a waste of tax payer money, and that you should have the liberty to do what you want iwth your own body. The man is a moron, I think he only repented of these views so he could run for President. Since he's too conservative for even the Republicans, he changed his views and party for hte Libertarian's (atleast thats my theory, maybe he just finally woke up, I don't know)

The third parties don't even have any fun characters this time around. There's Nadar, who hasn't learned that no one wants him to be President yet. The Libertarians always nominate a really radical anarchist who doesn't believe you should need a license to drive, and the other parites can generally follow there lead with a radical candidate. Didn't happen this time.

My reason for voting for Obama is this. The Democrats, who have controlled Congress for 2 years, have done a crappy job. However, that doesn't matter as far as most people are concerned, they alwyas push it off on the President not letting them do the things they need to do. The Democrats are going to take over Congress, theres a couple of key Republicans stepping down and the Democrats will probably get those seats by putting a picture of that Candidate beside a picture of Bush on TV. They will also take several house seats. Therefore, They will have evne more power over the Congress.

If we put McCain in, the Republcian party (much like the Democratic Party) will still think the people like them. One of these parties needs to completlyy lose power so maybe hte other party will reform its platform and start listening to us, the Americna people again. Obama says we need change, fine, give us change, we'll gvie you the chance. If you do good, great. Hopefully, Obama does a good job and does alot with his Democratic Congress to fix this mess. However, if he doesn't, the Democrats can't blame a Republican President.

^ And thats why I'm voting Obama

Old 10-24-2008, 11:56 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

A full democratic congress is exactly what I do not want, that is just another reason for me to stick with my republican party. I see what you are saying about maybe they will reform the party and all if they get kicked to the curb but do you realize what could potentially happen? A bunch bills will pass that we don't need. I really don't want the government telling me when and when I can't go take a ****. Government controlled everything? Hell no. I would rather the stock market crash, start over and learn from the mistakes we have made. We don't need government owned health care, just affordable health care. People can say well across the pond they have health care payed for its all free, well great for them, now ask them how long they have to wait to go visit the doctor for the flu to get a prescription, weeks. But who am I, just average guy that don't know his *** from a hole in the ground, so just let them do what ever they want, cause thats what their gonna do anyway. I tell all my friends who want to try talking me into voting for Obama, don't come crying to me when the **** hits the fan and all I say is I told you so.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:12 PM

Vote for Hammond Eggar!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 PM

According to the Polls ... the Libertarian Candidate isn't expected to gather much support.
Perhaps you might be better off voting for one of the two candidates who will eventually become President Elect.
Thereby having your vote be more valuable to one of those expected to win the race for the White House.

Old 10-24-2008, 02:13 PM

[align=center]Knowledge is Power: For those that like to read[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Click below links that interest you.[/align]
[:-]
The Latest News from ABC
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 10-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

My vote will go to McCain. There is just too much about Obama I don't like. Don't like his stance on abortion or gun control for starters. Sure, you can take the guns away from law biding citizens, but what about the criminals? If they want them, they'll get them. I'm also a taxidermist, so taking guns and centerfire ammo from hunters will hurt my business significantly. Don't like either one of their health care plans.Ialso don't want to seeone party have that much power and if Obama gets itwith a Democratic congress, he can do what he wants unchecked.
They are both politicians therefore they are both liars and will say and do whatever it takes to get elected. I have to go with the lesser of the two evils and that is McCain.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: dustybird3

My vote will go to McCain. There is just too much about Obama I don't like. Don't like his stance on abortion or gun control for starters. Sure, you can take the guns away from law biding citizens, but what about the criminals? If they want them, they'll get them. I'm also a taxidermist, so taking guns and centerfire ammo from hunters will hurt my business significantly. Don't like either one of their health care plans. I also don't want to see one party have that much power and if Obama gets it with a Democratic congress, he can do what he wants unchecked.
They are both politicians therefore they are both liars and will say and do whatever it takes to get elected. I have to go with the lesser of the two evils and that is McCain.
I agree, with everything you say.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:02 PM

he will never get your guns, unless he gets all 50 states to ratify the constitution, which will never happen. as for having all the power, he still has to answer to US, as in the people. what exactly will he do that he wont have to answer for? and may i remind u that our supreme court does still have some power with bills and laws...

Old 10-24-2008, 11:23 PM

McCain picked someone totally unqualified to be Vice President. Over some of the best minds in the Republican Party; McCain picked the charismatic, good-looking, female, politico willing to do:
> The sleazy
> The lying
> The assassination of character
> The mud-slinging ... and, coming soon ... the playing of:
> The Race Card

... all toward helping him run, as his own Party's Leadership embarrassingly admits, is the dirtiest Presidential Campaign ever run.
McCain can't run on the Issues. The Issues he espouses are the ones that have placed the Country in the ever-deepening hole of Recession and are percariously close to placing The United States of America in a major Depression before the votes get counted and we replace the sitting President responsible for leading the Country right straight down the drain.

You call The Arizona's Senator McCain, "The lesser of the evils"!
No.
McCain is NOT the LESSER of two evils.
McCain IS Evil!
You can't get more evil than what that tired old man has been doing through the antics of his hate-mongering running mate and the recently employed smear-tacticians he hired despite them being the very guys that torpedoed McCains previous bid.

It's time for the American People to do something about getting this Country returned to the status of greatness it was once known for around the World.
Casting a Ballot for that mean old fart, McCain to be President ... is the worst possible thing you'll ever do!

Old 10-25-2008, 12:00 AM

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

McCain picked someone totally unqualified to be Vice President.
This argument is laced with irony.....rich, rich irony.

Quick Reply: President Who?