Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Police are cracking down on seat belt violators

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 07:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Police are cracking down on seat belt violators

here's an idea to think about......

you own the vehicle....just like when you own your own house you can do whatever you want in it short of killing someone...you can drink obsene amounts, you can smoke whatever you want....you can do whatever you want to and not get in trouble for it....

so as i see it if you own your vehicle you should be able to do whatever you want inside of it...and if i dont want to wear a seatbelt i dont have to wear one....my windows are tinted dark enough that a cop wouldn't be able to tell if i was wearing mine...but i dont usually get bothered in it...gladly....**knock on wood though** lol

Old 06-04-2007, 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

here's an idea to think about......

you own the vehicle....just like when you own your own house you can do whatever you want in it short of killing someone...you can drink obsene amounts, you can smoke whatever you want....you can do whatever you want to and not get in trouble for it....

so as i see it if you own your vehicle you should be able to do whatever you want inside of it...and if i dont want to wear a seatbelt i dont have to wear one....my windows are tinted dark enough that a cop wouldn't be able to tell if i was wearing mine...but i dont usually get bothered in it...gladly....**knock on wood though** lol
[:-]
Mod Wiz Kidd, is it a law in Canada that you must wear your seat belt ? It's proven to save lives...I know & haveread to
many stories of disabled or dead people that did not
buckle up....
I hope you re-consider & click : )
We need you to set the example asour Mod: )
[:-]Click below link 4 more infor [:-]

Old 06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
5 Year Member

one of my friends was in an accident where the truck went into the ditch and rolled onto its side then slid into a tree @ about 60-80km/h and if he was wearing his seat belt he would have been dead because he wouldn't have been able to lie on the seat

Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 AM

seat belt only helps in the perfect crash scenerio that they do in the labratories, i personally dont belive in them and wont wear em

Old 06-04-2007, 10:44 AM
5 Year Member

i wear mine every now and then...but i dont usually wear it

Old 06-04-2007, 11:22 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

As far as I know there is no real proof seat (don't call them safety, nothing safety about them) belts save lives.

I know on one of the local TV channels they do this "Saved By The Belt" segments where they give an award to a person who wore their seat beltand got in accident.

It is stupid there is no helmet law but we have to wear a seat belt whenlast time I checked my car provides a lot more protection then the guy on a bike has.

What aboutthat govenor that was in an accident and didn't have his seat belt on? He didn't even get a slap on the wrist. If that were you or I we'd have have so many fines oura--es would hurt from being screwed so hard.

I don'twant this tread turing into a cop bashing thread. There are some decent cops out there and you have to admit their job isn't easy. But to make stuff up just to get their monthly ticket quota isn't right.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: rj

As far as I know there is no real proof seat (don't call them safety, nothing safety about them) belts save lives.

I know on one of the local TV channels they do this "Saved By The Belt" segments where they give an award to a person who wore their seat beltand got in accident.

It is stupid there is no helmet law but we have to wear a seat belt whenlast time I checked my car provides a lot more protection then the guy on a bike has.

What aboutthat govenor that was in an accident and didn't have his seat belt on? He didn't even get a slap on the wrist. If that were you or I we'd have have so many fines oura--es would hurt from being screwed so hard.

I don'twant this tread turing into a cop bashing thread. There are some decent cops out there and you have to admit their job isn't easy. But to make stuff up just to get their monthly ticket quota isn't right.

Are you talking about that onegovenor from new jerseythat was in the black SUV, and was doing about 90mph.

Old 06-04-2007, 05:12 PM
5 Year Member

yah that would be the one he's talking about