Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Pictures of your Monte on a strnge site

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
It's not applicable to all situations, but on web sites I've helped people construct we use a little trick to deter people from copying pictures. We create a table and use the picture as the background of the cell. Then we put a transparent 'picture' in the cell so if they try to copy it all they get is the transparent 'picture'. It's not 100% foolproof, but it helps.
Sounds like this would not work on sites like here or cardomain? I am thinking some sort of watermark on the pics (I dont have Photo shop - yet)

Old 12-08-2011, 07:28 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yep, you don't have enough control of how a picture is displayed on forums or car domain to use this trick, but it works well on personal web sites. Of course, there are ways around it but I won't say how. I'm sure the more savvy 'puter users know how anyway. A watermark is another deterrent, but I don't know of anything that is 100% foolproof.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Yep, you don't have enough control of how a picture is displayed on forums or car domain to use this trick, but it works well on personal web sites. Of course, there are ways around it but I won't say how. I'm sure the more savvy 'puter users know how anyway. A watermark is another deterrent, but I don't know of anything that is 100% foolproof.

4-sure, but Iam not going to get too hung up about it like search the web every day (LOL) I just happened to find this case and it ticked me off but it seams they are being good about it.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:11 AM
5 Year Member

They now up date the site with the Deuce's nick name and gave me photo credit

As far a the plate being displayed??? Well every one sees it when I drive down the road anyway. You all know what it is

Small issue but I feel better about it now. I am easy to please.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
If you find a product or application that will do this let me know. I had been thinking of something like a watermark or siggy on my car pictures.
Put a water mark across your pictures, that sometimes helps. When i upload my train pictures that i take, the website adds a banner saying its copyrighted to me, and i also put a little signature in the corner. But those can be cropped out. Here is a quick water mark type edit below, not the prettiest but you get the idea. The trick is you have to put it so it cant be cropped out

Old 12-08-2011, 10:55 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Put a water mark across your pictures, that sometimes helps. When i upload my train pictures that i take, the website adds a banner saying its copyrighted to me, and i also put a little signature in the corner. But those can be cropped out. Here is a quick water mark type edit below, not the prettiest but you get the idea. The trick is you have to put it so it cant be cropped out

What do use to water mark them???

Old 12-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

i used a free photo editor called paint.net just go to www.paint.net to download it, then all i did was used the text button and just made it more transparent.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:01 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

That is a good idea

Old 12-08-2011, 11:02 AM
5 Year Member

Thank you Keane! I'll have to start doing that starting with my spring photo roll out.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
As far a the plate being displayed??? Well every one sees it when I drive down the road anyway. You all know what it is
I only brought up the plate because some people have issues with it being displayed in pics. I personally just had an issue with a business using pics of your car, displaying your plate linking you and there business when they never had your permission to use any of it.

I don't both blanking my plate in pics I post. I drive the car, everyone can see it, it's public info. I just would want a business getting my permission first before taking that liberty.

I just got caught up on this thread, sounds like the guys running that site were pretty reasonable. Glad to hear, it's a done deal and everyone is happy.

Quick Reply: Pictures of your Monte on a strnge site