Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.
View Poll Results: A poll
1st
27.27%
2nd
0%
3rd
27.27%
4th
45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Which one looks the best?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006 | 02:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: Which one looks the best?

ORIGINAL: thatyounginss
...old people!
Yeap, and damn proud?[sm=pimp.gif]

Old 10-24-2006 | 05:45 PM
15 Year Member

hey you have to remeber us old folks still race to so even thou you might think your fast dont mean you are lol

when you can race some oen and beat them then get them to run you back to the other end again and you switch cars and beat tehm then you can say you know how to race and or drive.

to win a race is only to mean that you can hit the peddel faster or harder then the next guy. and that your car has some power to it. but it dont mean that your car is all of it.

I have seen folks with some really nice cars lose to someone that can cut a better light then they could. and that can come with reflex but most of the time it is from experence on a tree or the lights that you use to race etc...

Old 10-24-2006 | 06:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

And another point might be....are we mostly talking street drags, or can we mix in road, rally, oval, dirt, xcountry, drift, etc. Most young guys have a one or two dimensional view of racing. I contend that someone who is really fast can conquer most forms of the sport. I for one admit that my racing experience was limited to the streets.

Old 10-25-2006 | 03:47 AM
15 Year Member

this is verry true. kind of like mine it is street racing and bracket racing. so yeah you see alot of diffrent fourms of both. but for the most part a fast car is a fast car. the drivers experince and also the car togeather make a good race .

not trying to knock your driving etc... i know some folks that can run hard and drive harder but to look at them you would think they never leave the computer long enough to eat LOL

but they out drive allot of folks every weekend .

Old 10-25-2006 | 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey
when you can race some oen and beat them then get them to run you back to the other end again and you switch cars and beat tehm then you can say you know how to race and or drive.
I've done that before. I was presented with a loose challenge by a co-worker to race his Mercedes against my Camaro. He maintained that the more refined Mercedes would be able to out-maneuver the American muscle. We decided that the true test would come down to the driver. Long story short, I spanked him with my Camaro around an abandoned warehouse make-shift track, then did it again to him in his own car. I won his more desirable work schedule for a week.

See, video games CAN teach you things!! J/K [8D]

Old 10-26-2006 | 06:51 AM
15 Year Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Bigg J

ORIGINAL: mickey
See, video games CAN teach you things!! J/K [8D]

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 10-26-2006 | 11:01 PM
|

ya'll a trip. i think i'm just naturally talented in highway racing. cuttin corners, handling the road at high speeds, and bobbin and weaving through traffic...the stupid kind of racing!!!

since i've been in my monte, i've been dyin to race one of those, what i like to call "fast and the furious cars"...or if you prefer "**** and the curious"!!! you know the tuners..civics, accords...blah blah...i was on the highway going home at about 6am, which is about medium traffin on my route...a guy comes from behind me..honda civic..he's got the lighted gauges everywhere, the pipe is loud, it's primed down ready to paint..numerous other add-ons... he zips past me and i figure i should ride behind him to escape traffic...he's doing some pretty good driving and he's kinda fast..so i'm already thinkin, race him! we get to a toll booth, we're in booths side by side, the toll arm raises simultaneously..he guns it! he blows outta the booth and i'm thinkin...he wants to race as bad as i do...so i accept, boy do i accept. tires screech...and i'm off..before the lanes could even shrink down( the toll road starts with 3 lanes, widens to about 10, and shrinks after you pass the booth..and its about 100 yards 10 lanes to 3 again) i'm passing him! i'm not even givin it all it has, i'm at about 80 or so, and i lose track of him, i'm gone. i didn't even get to reach 100..dammit...so i continue home at the same pace, about 80. and when i reach my exit, who do i see about 2 red lights back??? mr. civic...i slow around to let him catch up, and he kinda eyes my monte down like what the **** is in there???...i smile as i turn in my apartment's entrance...who's next...i felt so good gettin out, but nervous 'cause now he know's where i live...hope he's Ruger proof if he wants problems!!!

Old 10-27-2006 | 04:59 PM

they all look good

Old 10-30-2006 | 12:49 AM

Those are my favourite kinds of stories, man. Good run!

[IMG]local://upfiles/335/E11C46EEE56D47C89B172152F9BD57DC.jpg[/IMG]