Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Off topic !!! Ohh yeah

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 03:32 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well this coming from a guy who was Ford all of his childhood.... I have a big model car collection, about 40 or so 1:18 cars... and it was all Ford's until I found a '66 Corvette Sting Ray one day and I just had to get that car. That turned me on to more Chevy's and Dodges. The car that turned me on the street was, in all honesty, the Monte Carlo. For some of the reasons posted here abotu the cheap feeling interiors... yeah, that was my big problem with them. The Monte Carlo in my body style is nice though, and has a very inviting interior. Their stuff from the early 90's and even some of hte late 90's stuff... shesh. The Cadillacs that I've seen... which I haven't checked one out in about 4 years... are a TON of plastic for what you're buying.

Anymore, I love all my American cars.... even the Chevrolets and Moapys (what I call Mopar).

And one other thing, a complete 360 means you're going the same way you were going in the first place. If you meant a 180, then I understand

Old 02-01-2011, 05:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

OOPS!! Thanks Cowboy. Thats what I meant. I get in a hurry or on a roll some times. ha ha ha

Old 02-01-2011, 06:08 PM
Default american muscle any.......

I'm a Chevy guy First.......However, give me some American Muscle any day.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Teacher
Lou you are right about the first mustang being called a secretary's car. Other then that I have never heard that mustangs were chick cars. I always got smart a$$ comments from mustang owners when driving my firebirds, they were asking me where my mullet was. lol
Yeah, I've heard the camaro/firebird jokes. Mullet jokes, redneck jokes, "firechicken", etc... All uttered by Ford and Mopar guys. But the guys I heard making the stupid cracks, as soon as you make fun of their car, it's like you insulted their mom or something. They could dish it out, but couldn't take it. But that's just the guys I know. Not referring to anyone on here.

Old 02-01-2011, 06:39 PM

I agree Richard, nice pics man. My best friend lives in Mablevale just outside LittleRock and he works at Bale Chevrolet around there somewhere, anyway small world ya know.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I'd trade my Monte for a 2011 V6 Mustang right now if I could afford it.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

IMO i'd never take a mustang. I know there are millions of people out there that wouldn't take anything but a mustang. Not trying to offend anyone but here are my top 3 reasons for not liking them...

1) It just seems like people around here that own em are so arrogant and snobby that they're not even even worth talking to at car shows. To quote an owner i've talked to a couple times "it's not just a car but an attitude". Whatever...
2) Another reason for not liking the stang is also one of my reasons for LOVING my monte. Mustang owners can buy pretty much ANYTHING for their car to make it custom whether it's a sub box, the rear window louvers, etc. which makes it almost impossible to have something cool that nobody else has.
3) this one's not really that big of a deal but still "grinds my gears". How many different models of the car are there? Monte Carlo LS, LT, LTZ, SS
Mustang GT, GT350, GT500, Cobra, Boss, Shelby, Saleen, Rouch, and i'm sure there's more

There are definitely some good looking mustangs out there but odds are you're gonna find someone that has one that's exactly the same as the one you thought was custom.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 PM

Brand snobs are a pain to be around IMO. Even more obnoxious in the motorcycling community.

I've always been an equal opportunity motorhead. True, I've owned more Chevy's than anything else over the years. But I enjoy cars (and motorcycles) from across the manufacturing spectrum. Currently my family has cars from 3 countries (US, Great Britain, Germany) and 1 motorcycle (Japan). They're each unique and fun to drive/ride/own in their own way. Variety really is the spice of life...

Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Jester_20
IMO i'd never take a mustang. I know there are millions of people out there that wouldn't take anything but a mustang. Not trying to offend anyone but here are my top 3 reasons for not liking them...

1) It just seems like people around here that own em are so arrogant and snobby that they're not even even worth talking to at car shows. To quote an owner i've talked to a couple times "it's not just a car but an attitude". Whatever...

Good point.

As far as the car itself, I got no real problem with the Stang. But you hit the nail on the head as far as the owners go. Or at least a lot of them anyway. A lot of the Stang owners around my area are very snobby. Won't give you the time of day if you're not a fellow Stang owner.

Nothing against anyone here. Obviously if you're posting on MCF (or any other non-mustang forum), you're not one of the people being referred to.