Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year

Old 11-29-2018, 07:22 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys. 16 degrees this morning. More snow for us expected today but less than 1". Early tomorrow morning we're expecting freezing rain so that could be interesting.

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Wicked pic Matt!
I thought so! There's a couple pages on Facebook that occasionally have some cool shots of the Bridge. The weather can be crazy through the Straits there and is what makes most of the pictures interesting. You can see 4 live webcams of the bridge at https://www.mackinacbridge.org/fares...ic/bridge-cam/. Below is camera #4 (looking North from Mackinaw City). That's 5 miles across to the Upper Peninsula shoreline.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-29-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:29 PM

Great pictures of the bridge Matt , always cool driving across it during the day. Was at another jobsite today and scored on some NASCAR stuff just sitting in the basement. Was numerous Wheaties box's just grabbed a few. First real snow yesterday caused all kinds of traffic. Tis the season.

Old 11-30-2018, 05:59 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys, hovering right around freezing this morning with some light snowfall'ish stuff that's almost kinda rain. We got about 0.2" of snow at home yesterday which puts our season total at 8.9" so far - for November that's crazy. The weekend looks wet but warmer - Sunday is suppose to be 46 degrees so I'll probably try do some more outdoor stuff then.

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Was at another jobsite today and scored on some NASCAR stuff just sitting in the basement. Was numerous Wheaties box's just grabbed a few.
Ugh I have so many kinds of those 1:64 cars, most in the packages still. I stopped collecting those because I don't know where to put them or how to display them - they just end up looking like clutter. I like the 1:24 cars and still collect those - I need another display case for those as I'm running out of space.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-30-2018 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:25 AM

Ugh I have so many kinds of those 1:64 cars, most in the packages still. I stopped collecting those because I don't know where to put them or how to display them - they just end up looking like clutter. I like the 1:24 cars and still collect those - I need another display case for those as I'm running out of space.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't much at this place for display cases , I did get a few smaller ones. But I did manage to find some old licence plates from the 30"s which the boss snapped up right away and we also found many complete season cards for baseball , football, hockey , basketball , racing and oddly enough we found so e Elvis trading cards. From the 70"s -80"s. This house was condemned by the city and it set for demo , was sent to basement to remove the boiler plugged in a few lights and found a few storage rooms behind all the nasty.

Old 11-30-2018, 08:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm not much of a collector but I dig the retro look of the Ken Schrader and 'Quickie" Kulwiki cars. That was my favorite era of racing! It's hard for me to enjoy it now.

Old 11-30-2018, 01:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by GTHSS
I'm not much of a collector but I dig the retro look of the Ken Schrader and 'Quickie" Kulwiki cars. That was my favorite era of racing! It's hard for me to enjoy it now.

This was probably 97 or 98. Kenny S. would race at the dirt tracks and do a promo, I think he had a Delco sponsored car and then there was a race car with the Scoal Bandit on it. The promoter had not told him I was going to be there. He said to him I have a guy here that thinks he can mix it up with you tonite? He gave me a look........... and I started to laugh. He said take those glasses off. Wow you look like him but don't sound like him. Later we took more photo's and I was telling people how to do it and he was laughing and said ya that's the Dale I know. Lol

Old 11-30-2018, 01:09 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Cool

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys. 14 degrees and a few flurries this morning. Almost wiped out walking on our icy as hell driveway this morning. Looks like we'll be back up in the mid 40s this weekend and then down in the 20s next week.

A pretty cool, recent shot of the Mackinac Bridge in the clouds.

Looks alot like the Golden Gate in San Francisco I took these back in June when we were there.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Going up to 38 degrees today. Suppose to get up to 1" of rain this weekend.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
Looks alot like the Golden Gate in San Francisco I took these back in June when we were there.
Nice! Yes, the Golden Gate and Mackinac Bridges are very similar and are often compared to one another. The big difference is the Golden Gate is only 1.7 miles long while the Mackinac is 5 miles long. I've been over the Mackinac 4 times now (2 trips). It's a cool experience!

Speaking of, this morning this pic of the Mackinac came across my Facebook feed - Old Point Mackinac Lighthouse with the Bridge in the background - by neilweaverinstagram, shared by Pure Michigan...

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 12-01-2018 at 08:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by drivernumber3

This was probably 97 or 98. Kenny S. would race at the dirt tracks and do a promo, I think he had a Delco sponsored car and then there was a race car with the Scoal Bandit on it. The promoter had not told him I was going to be there. He said to him I have a guy here that thinks he can mix it up with you tonite? He gave me a look........... and I started to laugh. He said take those glasses off. Wow you look like him but don't sound like him. Later we took more photo's and I was telling people how to do it and he was laughing and said ya that's the Dale I know. Lol

Great story. Kenny Schrader always seemed fun.