Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: October 2019

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 01:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile October 2018

MCF Member's Blog
Month of October 2018
In memory of Barbara Heinz "P343" and David Smith "STUMPMI" and BUTCH49

to our
Monte Carlo Family

The Monte Carlo Forum is a fun automotive family zone for owners
and enthusiasts of all generations of Monte Carlo.
This is a continuous Blog for the whole month. We are online 24/7.
Post and let us know how you are and what you have going on - car
related or not, any member can join our Blog conversation!
If you have NOT read the Monte Carlo Forum rules, please click the
link below and enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum experience.

Make a post and let us know that you checked in today! Please
welcome our new members to our Forum and Blog.
This month's Blog started by
DRIVERNUMBER3

Attached Images  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 10-01-2018 at 10:08 PM. Reason: fix the date
Old 10-02-2018, 05:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Third rainy morning in a row, yesterday was the heaviest. It looks like later today and tomorrow are dry but then there's a chance of rain Thursday-Sunday which I'm concerned about because of our Fall Meet this Saturday. Staying positive and thinking dry weather as much as I can. Seems like 1/2 of our Meets have an issue with the weather

Michigan football scored 20 unanswered @ Northwestern to beat them 20-17 this past Saturday. Michigan is 4-1 and ranked #15. This is Jim Harbaugh's 4th season as Michigan's head coach.

Detroit Red Wings regular season starts this Thursday vs. Columbus (also the Red Wings' home opener). Hoping they can make the playoffs after missing the past 2 seasons. I'm just excited for hockey to be back!

Detroit Lions are lead by new head coach Matt Patricia but suck per usual. Lions were about to beat the Cowboys this past Sunday but lost by 2 when Dallas scored a last second field goal. Lions are 1-3.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-02-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:46 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2016
10 Year Member

I, too, am ecstatic about hockey being back! It looks like Corey Crawford may actually play a little goal this season at some point.......... I'd like to see my Blackhawks return to the playoffs again as well. I miss the rivalry with the 'Wings....

I watched the Northwestern game and being a native Chicagoan, was rooting for the 'Cats. Michigan showed a lot of intestinal fortitude and gutted out the win, though. Great game! My Arkansas State Red Wolves visit the Big House in 2020 (I think) for a paycheck/***-whooppin'......

We've reached October and the Bears don't suck! Well, unless you count the 2nd half of the Green Bay game... but I'll take 3-1!!!

White Sox............uh, moving on...........

Ready for some fall weather down here... Still mid/upper 80s in the forecasts...

Old 10-02-2018, 11:52 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by chifan
Ready for some fall weather down here... Still mid/upper 80s in the forecasts...
Don't wish too hard, that would most likely mean winter-like for us lol. Hell, just this Saturday morning the low made it down to 38 degrees here. We've had a lot of rain the past week with more in the forecast through the weekend.

The trees are pretty though. Color is starting to show in SE Michigan. This pic was yesterday near Michigan's Porcupine Mountains in the Upper Peninsula - getting close to peak color.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 10-02-2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Don't wish too hard, that would most likely mean winter-like for us lol. Hell, just this Saturday morning the low made it down to 38 degrees here. We've had a lot of rain the past week with more in the forecast through the weekend.

The trees are pretty though. Color is starting to show in SE Michigan. This pic was yesterday near Michigan's Porcupine Mountains in the Upper Peninsula - getting close to peak color.

Wow we have not had any Color like that here yet? pretty cool.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Smile

I just noticed that when I make this post the title says 2019 maybe one of the admin folks can get it to say 2018!!!!

Old 10-04-2018, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys.

Yet another rainy morning. Temps are rapidly dropping as a cold front is moving through - it was in the low 70s at 5am this morning and will be dropping 15 degrees by 1pm and then down in the low 40s overnight.

PLEASE ADVISE - Due to weather, we have decided to postpone Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Fall Meet to Saturday, October 20. Same time of day. Same location. Please refer to our event thread in the 'Meets & Gatherings' section for all info.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
I just noticed that when I make this post the title says 2019 maybe one of the admin folks can get it to say 2018!!!!
Not really sure what you mean - I don't see any 2019.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys.

Yet another rainy morning. Temps are rapidly dropping as a cold front is moving through - it was in the low 70s at 5am this morning and will be dropping 15 degrees by 1pm and then down in the low 40s overnight.

PLEASE ADVISE - Due to weather, we have decided to postpone Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Fall Meet to Saturday, October 20. Same time of day. Same location. Please refer to our event thread in the 'Meets & Gatherings' section for all info.

Not really sure what you mean - I don't see any 2019.
In the Main title

Old 10-04-2018, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Smile The link is for the Last Fling Till Spring car show awards results.

The link is for the Last Fling Till Spring car show awards results.
They weren't Monte Lovers there.
Sidestreet and I didn't get on the board at all.
Shadow the Black Aerocoupe is still our reigning winner.

https://roadgems.com/car-show-results/

Old 10-05-2018, 06:06 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Low 40s this morning with rain/storms moving in later that will stay through the weekend. It's snowing in the Upper Peninsula as we speak.

Detroit's Hudson's site development, previously expected to rise to 800 ft, is now reported it could be taller and go as high as 900+ feet which would be over 200+ feet taller than Detroit's current tallest building - Renaissance Center. That height decision is expected by the end of January. Construction at the site has been ongoing for eight months now - there is a big hole in the ground as crews demolished the old underground parking garage at the site and prep for the new foundation. The project is expected to be completed summer 2022.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: October 2019