Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year

Old 11-01-2018, 10:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Cool NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year

MCF Member's Blog
Month of November 2018

In memory of Barbara Heinz "P343" and David Smith "STUMPMI" and BUTCH49

to our
Monte Carlo Family

The Monte Carlo Forum is a fun automotive family zone for owners
and enthusiasts of all generations of Monte Carlo.
This is a continuous Blog for the whole month.
We are online 24/7.

Post and let us know how you are and what you have going on - car
related or not, any member can join our Blog conversation!If you have NOT read the Monte Carlo Forum rules,
please click the link below and enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum experience.

Welcome & Forum Rules
Make a post and let us know that you checked in today!

Please
welcome our new members to our Forum and Blog.
Any member can start the MCF Blog after midnight (12 am EST).
Just copy and change the date.
(Check with Staff for any other changes to our Blog)

Thank You!

This month's Blog started byDRIVERNUMBER3

Last edited by drivernumber3; 11-27-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:52 AM
5 Year Member
Smile challengeing to say the least

Once again this has been a challenging experience to begin the November month Blog. The folks who have set this up have been very successful in fixing it until it is nearly Broken!

Old 11-01-2018, 11:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey everyone. We had about 15 trick-or-treaters last night; good because we didn't have much candy.

Shared this at the end of last month. It's exciting (at least for me)! Bedrock just released new, updated renderings for its Hudson's site development at Woodward and Gratiot Avenues in Downtown Detroit. The original plan was for an 800 ft tower but that has now been revised to a 912 ft tower with a stepped design (shown below). It will surpass Michigan's current tallest building, Detroit's Renaissance Center, by 185 ft. Work at the site has been underway since December 2017.

Old 11-03-2018, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Check out the new contest posts I put up for voting

Check out the new contest posts I put up for voting

Old 11-04-2018, 07:06 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Sunday and we lost Daylight savings time

Sunday and we lost Daylight savings time. So how many remembered to set back the clocks.
Any way got a great idea from juniorcar on how to set up the photo contest and get a few more involved and that is to put it in General Monte Carlo talk.
I did that Maybe it will get some more folks to join in.

Old 11-05-2018, 06:56 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. There was a lot going on this weekend even though we didn't leave the house.

I did set our clocks back. Gonna miss the daylight, especially those long summer days when we have daylight til almost 10pm here. It's the winter push now, here we go.

I got a lot done this weekend. Finished the work to our main level half bath and entry space off the garage (except for base trim install), painted the doors in these spaces and made progress on our laundry room work (just need to paint walls and 2 bi-fold closet doors, install base trim and install new tub sink). Also did an oil change in the Malibu. Wife did some reorganizing of furniture and decorating in a couple rooms.

Harvick got his 8th win of the season yesterday at Texas which punched his ticket to the Championship 4 at Homestead! Let's go! #4TheWin #4TheChampionship

Michigan beat Penn State 42-7 in Ann Arbor on Saturday and are now ranked #4 and are 8-1 overall (highest ranked 1-loss team). Michigan's remaining schedule is Rutgers (11/10), @ Indiana (11/17) and then the big game with Ohio State (11/24).

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-05-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:13 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. The day after general election 2018.

Overall breakdown - Democrats gain 28 House seats and gain control of the House. Republicans gain 2 Senate seats and retain control of the Senate. Democrats gain 7 Governor seats while Republicans lost 6 governor seats.

Here in Michigan - A state that's been Republican governed for the last 8 years AND voted Trump in 2016 saw a significant swing to blue yesterday. Michigan elected Democrat Gretchen Whitmer for Governor and also elected its first Democratic Sec. of State in 24 years. Michigan also became the 10th state to legalize marijuana (recreational).

Here's the reports from Michigan right now (winner/leader in bold color - italic = incumbent):

Governor - Gretchen Whitmer (D) | Bill Schuette (R) - (switch - previously Republican held by Rick Snyder)
MI Attorney Gen -
Dana Nessel (D) | Tom Leonard (R) - (switch - previously Republican held by Bill Schuette)
MI Sec of State -
Jocelyn Benson (D) | Mary Treder Lang (R) - (switch - previously Republican held by Ruth Johnson)
US Senate - Debbie Stabenow (D) | John James (R)
US House 7 - Gretchen Driskell (D) | Tim Walberg (R)
US House 8 - Elissa Slotkin (D) | Mike Bishop (R) - (switch - previously Republican held by Mike Bishop)
US House 9 -
Andy Levin (D) | Candius Stearns (R)
US House 10 - Kimberly Bizon (D) |
Paul Mitchell (R)
US House 11 - Haley Stevens (D) | Lena Epstein (R) - (switch - previously Republican held by David Trott)
US House 12 - Debbie Dingell (D) | Jeff Jones (R)
US House 13 - Rashida Tlaib (D) - (previously vacant)
US House 13 Part - Brenda Jones (D)
US House 14 - Brenda Lawrence (D) - Mark Herschfus (R)

Key notes to mention - Democrats picked up governor's offices in Michigan and Wisconsin and kept control in Pennsylvania - 3 major Great Lakes states that all voted Trump in 2016 and could become key states in 2020. Democrats also picked up the governor office in Illinois. Republicans kept control of governor's offices in Iowa and Ohio.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-07-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Talking

I personally don't like any of the Politicians today. they never get anything done, and spend way to much money on them selves.
Harry Truman indicated you can't get rich in Politics unless you are a Crook.
So if they aren't already flush with cash when they get there they will be when they leave.
So tomorrow it is going to Snow up to 4 inches here in Nebraska.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:56 AM

Hello everyone, just trying to get everything done before the big freeze coming. Got plenty of that white stuff coming this way. Still waiting to hear back from GM so I can return my truck, the wife is getting antsy for her new ride. Stay warm everyone

Old 11-08-2018, 06:43 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Temps are on the down; 31 degrees this morning. Our high temps are only suppose to be in the 30s for the next week or so.

Originally Posted by drivernumber3
So tomorrow it is going to Snow up to 4 inches here in Nebraska.
You're getting it today and we're getting that same system tomorrow (Friday). Looks like some rain/mix from Detroit south but where I am is showing 1-2". West Michigan is supposed to get 1-3". Looks like the precip moves in tomorrow just after my morning commute thank God. Then a chance of additional lake effect snow Friday evening/night.

Originally Posted by Jeffs02rwdSS
Hello everyone, just trying to get everything done before the big freeze coming. Got plenty of that white stuff coming this way.
It's that time of the year. Gotta get our camper winterized today. Already winterized our boat. Still need to do my routine with the Monte for winter storage. Got our outdoor furniture moved inside. Have a bazillion leaves in the yard to clean up (I'll be having a lawn service do that).

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 11-08-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: NOVEMBER 2018 short time till the New Year