Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Nissan Maxima VS. Monte?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 04:50 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

"My buick spins wheels in the rain in 3rd gear!"

Old 12-31-2011, 07:13 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Rockers are an easier way to hold the valves open than camming the car.

I have a ser of ZZP ER Rockers and I love them

Old 12-31-2011, 07:21 PM

Lol what kind a bucik, its funny you said that because his 2nd car is a 01 buick century and he says its horrible for spinning wheels in the rain lol, he like his aurora and alero more

Old 12-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

These are the best rockers for an NA L36: ZZPerformance - ER Ratio Rockers #04-01-00487

Like Chibi said, he loves them and they're worth buying if you don't want to do anything serious, but still see decent gains.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:57 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Hmm those rockers do look like a good deal

Old 01-01-2012, 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by Enzo354
If you do a top swap, I would advise doing headers while you are in there. Makes it a lot easier.

My monte with headers and a fender well intake ran a 15.9. That was with no wheel slip, it was decently cool out. About a perfect run for the thing.

So far, top swapped, with headers, ported supercharger and N* tb I can hold dead even with a trail blazer ss. Thats a low 14, maybe a 13. In my opinion, it was a lot of work for a car that will get walked by a stock ls1.

Honestly, if you do a cammed l67 swap and headers, you will be around $1500, but in the 13s, easily. With an intercooler. Not to mention it is a lot easier to cam an engine when its out of the car.
You'd be in the 13s easily cammed without an intercooler, low 13's with, also most people don't take the engine out of the car when they top swap, nor when they cam, they just go through the wheel well.

Old 01-01-2012, 04:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

I think 6 gens are a little underrated. I mean we have the torque to get it up and going!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 AM

Hi Ashley,
People like your co-worker are not worth your time, or the fuel to compete. You have a super Monte Carlo & I would invest your $'s into mod's that you like & will enjoy and can afford...

There's always going to be someone with a faster car, but at what expense ? Performance Mod's cost $'s...ask any member that has invested their $'s into their Monte's to just get one second or less time in a quarter mile...

Increase power is hard on a Monte transmission, front axles, engine etc...It's just my opinion from reading every post/thread on the MCF...

I am sure not against Mod's, but you have to ask yourself,
what you want your Monte Carlo 2 `be...It's your time, your dollars, and your Monte ~> Your Decision...
========================================
..... My car is faster then yours
..Good 4 U, but I rather have my Monte then your car...
4-Sure ...Really, who cares...really ? Let him live in his dream world trying to prove himself & his ride...
You don't have 2!!!! do you ?
=========================================

Now, back to having fun & enjoying your beautiful Monte Carlo...I'd invest your $'s in keeping your Monte in Top Condition & making sure your engine is tuned, good tires & brakes, a super sound system etc....& the list goes on...

I think mod's to improve efficiency like a CAI & exhaust mod's are a good $ investment on any car...That's all that's falling outa my head (It's empty again)...Good Luck on your decision to Mod & Race, or to just EnJoy your Journey & spend your $'s on FUN Good Luck & Happy New Year ~
Peace/Out from `Space

Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by oneslowmonte
You'd be in the 13s easily cammed without an intercooler, low 13's with, also most people don't take the engine out of the car when they top swap, nor when they cam, they just go through the wheel well.
Thats what I said, isnt it? And I know they go through the wheel well, and you don't need to take out the motor. But if you're rebuilding pretty much everything on it it is much easier to do on an engine stand then leaning over the bumper and fenders breaking your back.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2012
1 Year Member

Your right space! I love my Monte and doing little things to it to make it unique. I ordered some purple HIDs off ebay.. I'm really excited!!!

Quick Reply: Nissan Maxima VS. Monte?