Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The NEW Look

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think I'm getting some of my bugs (had to visit the doctor for this) worked out.

I did re-load my sig picture but so far I can get it to post?

Old 03-07-2009, 08:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 04 Intimidator
Just noticed something else. All of Space's posts suck. They all show html code and are a pain to read now.
LMAO

I know what you mean. I just looked at the MOTM winners gallery. You think Space's posts look bad. Check out the winners gallery.

I thinking that maybe the techs aren't done yet. Because there seems to be more stuff tonight that people said wasn't there this morning. Like smilies. I'm kinda disappointed that we've been cut down to only 11 smilies. I liked some of the old ones.

At least I hope they're not done. I'm seeing a few buttons that are appearing as red X's.

I have noticed that I had to re-select the options in my profile. The time zone was wrong and everything.

This new look is gonna take getting used to. I'm so used to everybody's profile info and stuff being in a column on the left side of the page. And the "PM this member" buttons are gone from everybody's posts.

I had to re-do my avatar because they changed the size limitations on us. The maximum size for an avatar is smaller now. Grrr.

Something new for long time members to get used to:
I noticed that you can now use the IMG code link on Photobucket.com.
That's how I got a few pics to work in my posts.
Don't have to use the small letters anymore.

Last edited by Taz; 03-07-2009 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Taz

I had to re-do my avatar because they changed the size limitations on us. The maximum size for an avatar is smaller now. Grrr.
ditto to what knight said!! i miss avatars!!

i can't imagine that they would take options *away*. you would think they would add new spiffy options if anything. i guess we'll just have to wait and see what they have in store.

Old 03-08-2009, 12:06 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Same here - do not have the option to upload an avatar. BOOOOO! I also tried to re-paste my sig photo under user CP and it still didn’t work. GRRRR!

Last edited by AwesomeSS; 03-08-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 AM

well, if you go in to edit your signature, you'll see the [ IMG ] code is disabled for signatures where it is enabled for posts. that should be a QUICK fix for the admins... not a two day+ fix............

Signature Permissions
Allow Basic BB Code Yes
Allow Color BB Code Yes
Allow Size BB Code Yes
Allow Font BB Code Yes
Allow Alignment BB Code Yes
Allow List BB Code Yes
Allow Link BB Code Yes
Allow HTML No

Allow Image BB Code No
Allow Code BB Code Yes
Allow PHP BB Code Yes
Allow HTML BB Code Yes
Allow Quote BB Code Yes
Allow Smilies Yes
Can Upload Images for Signature No
Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No
i also have to really quickly click on an option in the CP otherwise i get a "your request..." security error if i sit on the CP for more than 5 seconds... how are ppl getting avatars? i cannot upload one and i resized it and everything!

Last edited by tommypro; 03-08-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: quote/emphasis added with an extra issue
Old 03-08-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by knightfan26917

HOWEVER ... some issues definitely need to be fixed SOONER rather than later ... especially if we want members to stick around and new members to join and stick around as well.

*shrugs*

But, that's just my opinion .
x2

plus, minimum message lengths? ghey!

Old 03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

well i notice today that awesomeSS has an avatar, so i'm gonna go check and see if that option has been changed on mine.

i didn't log out last night when i went to bed, and i just clicked on new posts just now and it didn't make me log back in. so they are definitely working out the kinks.

Old 03-08-2009, 02:56 PM

AH HA!!! Found some fixes for the forum lists.

First to fix a topic that only shows 10 posts so you can see more and get a longer history. Click on User CP in the blue bar at the top, Under Settings and Options click on Edit Options.

Scroll down to Thread Display Options. Here I selected:

Thread Display Mode: Linear - Oldest First
Number of Posts per Page: Show 30 Posts per Page (This is a bit overkill, you may want 20)
Default Thread Age Cutoff: Show threads from last month.

Under Miscellaneous Options (at the very bottom) I selected Enhanced interface - this allowed better editing.

This really helped me make the site more like the last one.

Last edited by 04 Intimidator; 03-08-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:19 PM

i dont like it the old one seemed to be so much more simple and then this one just seems like it is overkill on everything.

Quick Reply: The NEW Look