Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

The NEW Look

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:10 PM
Arrow Click below Link

Members, click the below User CP
and follow directions, change profile, set time zone etc
If the below link does not work on your computer ?

It is located on the top of this thread in the top left hand corner.
Good Luck, from `Space

Click the above red link
and you should see the below information

Last edited by Space; 03-07-2009 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

What happened? I can't stay logged in anymore, and or it takes me multiple tries. Then sometimes I log in, but then as soon as I try to post it says i'm not logged in anymore. Very frustrating. I think i may go on a vacation from this site and hopefully it will get fixed. Take care all! If ya need me, PM me or get me on the other sites.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Angry Don't Give `Up : )

Try cleaning or eating your cookie's
and then click User CP, & reset your time/profile/etc

I posted a link to be able to contact MCF Tech's for problems
in the Off Topic Section Titled: New vB MCF Server.

Check it out and let them know the problems that you are having.
I know this is the first day, and they are working on the problems
4-$ure
Just make it a challenge...., I know you will succeed, and be `happy

Old 03-07-2009, 03:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

hey space, thanks for that link. it worked and i fixed my time zone issues

what kills me though, is that it doesn't allow you to have an avatar photo or photos in your signature, BUT in your options there is this:

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts. Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)

so they should allow those things since those who don't like it have the option to turn them off!!

i did see an option to change what you see for posts, as in you can see the last 2 hours, week, month, etc. so i changed that to the last week, saved changes, clicked on "new posts" and now i see everything that i was missing before.

i guess it is just a matter of getting used to it for everyone, but i really liked the signature photos before. i personally didn't care how big they were, they were very cool and made it easy to quickly check where someone posted. plus, i'm sure some people put a lot of hard work into those sig files and now they can't even use them.

Old 03-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Default Give the new Server Time : )

`Jamie, Give the MCF Tech's a chance to fine `tune our new vB Server.
I am sure that they will unblock the avatar & Sig function/plus fix the problems that arise.

Nice `Sig 4-Sure
While you are waiting :p Check below link
<LI about="r8">WikiAnswers - Why patience a virtue 4-Sure Relationships question: Why patience a virtue? Patience is a virtue because it makes us better people. The definition of the word is to tolerate delay.
wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_patience_a_virtue - 47k - Similar pages
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_patience_a_virtue
<LI about="r9">Origin of "Patience is a virtue" Origin of "Patience is a virtue". Posted by Janine Cavasar on May 12, 2000. Who originally said this quote? Please help, trying to write an article. ...
www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_board/4/messages/1247.html - Similar pages

Old 03-07-2009, 03:50 PM
Default subscriptions

also all of our old subscriptions have been removed... how am i supposed to find something specific when i don't remember a single phrase from the thread?

Old 03-07-2009, 05:05 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

The two biggest compliants I have is I REALLY liked the "posts since last visit" feature of the old one and the sigs. I guess I'm lazy, now I have to read who the posts are from, before, I knew the poster by their car. And we "should" be able to have avatars and sigs, other forums I'm on with this format do, maybe they just haven't set that part up yet (I hope).

Old 03-07-2009, 05:09 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dustybird3
The two biggest compliants I have is I REALLY liked the "posts since last visit" feature of the old one and the sigs. I guess I'm lazy, now I have to read who the posts are from, before, I knew the poster by their car. And we "should" be able to have avatars and sigs, other forums I'm on with this format do, maybe they just haven't set that part up yet (I hope).
I agree with Becky. I too am on a few forums that are run by vBulletin and we have avatars and sigs in our posts.

Old 03-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by AwsomeSS
I agree with Becky. I too am on a few forums that are run by vBulletin and we have avatars and sigs in our posts.

i think they will end up putting it back, the fact that you can disable signature files in your options and that there is an option to disable the avatar (even though you can't yet actually have one) leads me to believe they'll eventually allow you to use them. i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

and if not, maybe reading about us bitching about it will make them put it back

Old 03-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Originally Posted by ChevySSGirl

and if not, maybe reading about us bitching about it will make them put it back

Quick Reply: The NEW Look