Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My wife's grandmother decided to move in?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 12:27 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Well the grandma is at on of her daughters house now she still wants me to pay the moving company which is not happening. And she still insists I allow her to move in... Not happening... I already made up my mind and I know myself as much as my wife knows me I'm not changing that she accepted that fact and we are moving on from this event now (I HOPE).
Few people can remember the mighty Persian empire, you still have been underestimated by your grandmother and she forced you to wear your warrior look... Your marriage will survive this, you wife is already seeing the writing on the wall, hence backing you up.

Old 02-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good for you!!! I'm about to move into a similar situation, temporarily. We are going to move into my Mrs. parents housr. Her father is ok, but her mother is Intrusive. Figuring that it's her house and she can go anywhere in it she wants. Don't get me wrong, she is a kind lady and has do e a lot for her daughter and I over the last 5 years. And a lowing us to move into there house until we get settled with jobs and then fins a place of our own is just another example of that. But once I'm in my pj's, or not, I want privacy! She does not see it that way. Ski will bite my tongue and keep the peace. But it will Erk me every time she enters the downstairs apartment without notice or knocking!
This is not exactly the same as your situation Habbibie, but I think it falls under the same Category!

Old 02-11-2015, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

JC I been in that situation exactly before, have a man to man talk with the father in law, he'll explain it to his wife in a calm fashion, if she loves and respects her husband she'll respect his wishes to give u all the privacy you desire.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:19 PM
5 Year Member

Habbibie, or I can sit around Naked! Lol
Her father is a strong man. They have been together longer than I have been alive! But he tends to let her "Wear the Pants" in the house hold. He might talk to her, but they have lost 2 tenants in the last 5 years because of her "Unique" way of thinking. I will have to bite my tongue! And work my *** off to get a job, save the money and get us into our own place. I do respect her. She is a Very smart woman. And I go into this knowing that she has some Odd Quirks.

Old 02-11-2015, 12:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Just got back from the elder care lawyer today. Looks like my mother can go into a nursing home April at the latest. We found a nice one. Has a large atrium, care pets come in on a regular basis, Clean (no nasty smells) and gives physical therapy 3 days a week

She needs more help than what we can physically give her here at home. Ronda and I are just plain wore out after almost 3 years

Old 02-14-2015, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I had that family meeting today, my wife's grandmother was there too and her whole family on top of her all think and believe she should reside with me currently even though I kicked her out just this week, I do feel bad for her and with the amount of money I'm making at my job I can fund her and a nurse to aid her in a day to day life problems but after that 911 threat I just can't allow her to be here (in my home/house) but I do have feelings and I feel bad for her regardless of how racist or foul towards me. Her entire life shouldnt end up in a bad end to say the least, I think I will allow her to move in and enjoy her time with my kids and have a happy ending to her story if you know what I mean, but if you guys feel different let me know I havnt made the final dissicuion yet.

Old 02-14-2015, 11:48 PM
5 Year Member

How are you treated by the rest of the in-laws? And do you have a "Man Cave" in your home. Seems to me your stuck between a rock and the Titanic!