Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My cars have been getting some unwanted attention lately

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Now that habibie knows what the problem is, the cops don't have to search him out anymore. Now they can just wait for him to drive himself to the DMV to renew his license. And get him there.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" itxtNodeId="227" itxtHarvested="0"><TBODY itxtNodeId="228" itxtHarvested="0"><TR itxtNodeId="229" itxtHarvested="0"><TD id=profilepic_cell class="tborder alt2" itxtNodeId="231" itxtHarvested="0"></TD><TD id=username_box class=profilepic_adjacent vAlign=top width="100%" itxtNodeId="230" itxtHarvested="0">Habbibie

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- link bar -->
<!-- current activity -->Last Activity: Today 02:06 PM About Me
About Habbibie

<DL class="list_no_decoration profilefield_list" itxtNodeId="296" itxtHarvested="0"><DT class=shade itxtNodeId="310" itxtHarvested="0">Biography <DD itxtNodeId="309" itxtHarvested="0">Im Arabian born in Italy & live in Chicago <DT class=shade itxtNodeId="308" itxtHarvested="0">Location <DD itxtNodeId="307" itxtHarvested="0">chicago </DD></DL>
My cars have been getting some unwanted attention lately

<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1>
So lately I've been seeing police cars inspecting my monte and mkz anywhere i go in many different counties too. They are always inspecting the cars while parked wither im at my apartment complex, work parking lot, jewel lot, my parents driveway i mean anywhere.
I really think that you are being paranoid, especially `if you are not doing anything wrong (??) LOL

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Yea well police in the US don't function that way. They do want the public to fear them than rather befriend them. In other countries like Italy and England they would know on ur door and give a friendly reminder first. And yea getting pulled over with expired license will set u back a few grands after all court and impound fees are applied

Hi `Habbibie,
From your above statements, I think `if the police were following you & they knew that you had a expired Drivers License they would have stopped you & gave you a ticket. + if they were dishonest police officer, they would have set you up & planeted drugs or contraband in your car...

From my knowledge there are some or a few bad police officers in every state & every country on this planet. Some are corrupt, but I believe the bad ones are the minority & the honest hard working ones are in the majority. I've met several police officers & the majority are friendly. Even the ones that caught me street racing & it cost me dearly 4-Sure.

Maybe you've had bad experiences with some in your past.
I know from Italians I know the problems that they had in Italy with the police, and I'm sure you will find people in every country that have had problems with law enforcement or those in power.

I believe that the police have a very dangerous `job & in uniform they are a target to the bad people. They risk their lives everyday for the people they protect. The majority of people they deal with are disrespectful and will lie/fight/kill to stop from being arrested or losing their freedoms...

You have to admit that you were negligent in not renewing your "DL", but I serious doubt that the police started surveillance on you, or were watching you & following you around for having a expired license 4-Sure.

I really disagree that the police want law abiding citizens to fear them. I think maybe they want the criminals to fear them or those no obeying the laws...If, I thought as you, I would do something about it.
I'd get the free press to investigate your claims. I would get evidence to support your claims. With todays technology just about anyone can get the equipment to record wrongs in our society. The internet is another very powerful tool/resoure...

"America, love it or leave `it or make it better 4-Sure"
Your free to stay, & free to leave...So many on this planet don't have that choice...What are you doing to make it better (I ask myself ? do you ?)
Peace/Out from `Space

Last edited by Space; 08-26-2012 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm due for renewal next year on my b-day. As long as there are no tickets until then, I'll get an automatic renewal, just pay the state and good for 4 years.

Only DMV has been mistaken in addresses the last 10 years. I may or may not get a note in the mail. I've been using the same PO box for 30 years, but they still made mistakes the last 2 renewals. "you don't live in Oxnard??" they ask. Scary that someone may have been using my DL number.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:41 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Glad you caught that before you got a ticket. Mine expires next year on my B-Day

Old 08-27-2012, 09:54 PM

ok problem fixed now, i spent 6 hours at the DMV waiting for my number to be called because all the DMV's in Chicago and surrounding suburbs are closed on Monday's except for the one i went to! anyways i updated my DL and ID and changed the address on my cars registration too, soon as i leave not less than a minute later after leaving the DMV parking lot two CPD cops pull me over, they're excuse is my plates show my license is expired, they couldn't do anything about it though since the renewal takes immidate action!!!!

now you guys know why i was so paranoid!!!

oh also please mind my grammer/spelling its a little off i'm tired.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:21 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Good thing u got it taken care of, mine expires in 2018

Old 08-28-2012, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Habbibie
soon as i leave not less than a minute later after leaving the DMV parking lot two CPD cops pull me over, they're excuse is my plates show my license is expired, they couldn't do anything about it though since the renewal takes immidate action!!!!

now you guys know why i was so paranoid!!!

oh also please mind my grammer/spelling its a little off i'm tired.

Hi `Habbibie, very ironic or very strange 4-Sure. If it was less then a minute & you got pulled over they must have been waiting for you Did they search you or your car ?
Did they treat you with respect ? If you are seeing all these police checking out you & your car at home, and everywhere you go then maybe they think you are doing something wrong ? What is your profession ? Do you have enemies that would make false claims about what you are doing & call the police on you ? I find it strange that the Chicago police would have that much time to keep checking on you without cause ? ? ? I would only be paranoid `if I was doing something wrong & if I wasn't I would not let it bother me...If you believe you are being harassed, I would get an attorney & file a complaint. Start taking pictures of the police that are watching you, following you & get proof, if there is any proof to get...

Do you have a former police record ? or are doing something that they want to know about ? How many times have you been stopped by the police in your life ? Do you have an arrest record ? Are you a American Citizen ? You have rights...If you are really concerned I would invest in a attorney if you feel that you are being treated unfairly..

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can `do for your country -JFK

p.s. Read the Constitution of the United States of America & the Bill of Rights
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...Bill_of_Rights

Last edited by Space; 08-28-2012 at 04:46 AM.