Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/)
-   -   My cars have been getting some unwanted attention lately (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/off-topic-5/my-cars-have-been-getting-some-unwanted-attention-lately-38533/)

Habbibie 08-26-2012 12:42 AM

My cars have been getting some unwanted attention lately

So lately I've been seeing police cars inspecting my monte and mkz anywhere i go in many different counties too. They are always inspecting the cars while parked wither im at my apartment complex, work parking lot, jewel lot, my parents driveway i mean anywhere. So this got me worried, i decided to call my local court house this past Friday and found out why i been getting this attention!

My driver's license is been expired for 5 months and i didn't even know. And in Illinois it has the same penalties as driving with a suspended license and when a cop pulls up my license plate number on cars registered to me it shows that i have expired license. Anyways im going first thing Monday morning while i let my wife drive me to the dmv to renew it and stop the harassment i been getting from the police.

So this got me thinking,have you looked at when your driving license expires? Go check now and avoid future problems before they happen!

lougreen03 08-26-2012 02:12 AM

In Michigan you get a renewal form in the mail when it gonna expire. Ours are good for 4 years and expire on our birthday.

Taz 08-26-2012 04:07 AM

In Ontario, Canada ours are good for 5 years I think. I'll have to look again. And it expires on our birthday.

Space 08-26-2012 05:38 AM

Hi Habbibie,
Thanks for the reminder to check "DL"
I can't believe that law enforcement officers have that much time to attempt to catch you driving with a expired license, unless U R a person of interest for other reasons :confused::eek::rotfl:
Are there any unusal odor's coming from your rides ? LOL

Maybe they just like your Monte or your MKZ :eek::confused:
http://rlv.zcache.com/just_because_i...2bhfcs_400.jpg

Do you think paranoid people are following you ?
Oh, do you have any pic's of your MKZ ?
What model is yours ? Do you like it ?

http://www.latestcarpictures.com/wp-...KS-300x264.jpg

zjerry 08-26-2012 07:24 AM

Missouri are good for 6 years and expire on our birthday..
They check my at work all the time..

01 Monte SS 08-26-2012 11:14 AM

I have yet to have to re-new my license! But thanks for the reminder. I was unaware that police could do such things simply because your license was expired? Wonder if it's that way in all states? Seems kind of strange that they would start searching your vehicles. They were probably just hoping to see you on the road behind the wheel or just getting into the car because to them it would be major $$$, maybe :rotfl: No offense towards police but the harassment seems a bit out of line? It would be easier and less effort for them to just knock on your door once and give you a friendly reminder. Just my opinion though :)

Habbibie 08-26-2012 01:43 PM

Yea well police in the us don't function that way. They do want the public to fear them than rather befriend them. In other countries like Italy and England they would know on ur door and give a friendly reminder first. And yea getting pulled over with expired license will set u back a few grands after all court and impound fees are applied

red04montels 08-26-2012 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Habbibie (Post 489982)
Yea well police in the us don't function that way. They do want the public to fear them than rather befriend them. In other countries like Italy and England they would know on ur door and give a friendly reminder first. And yea getting pulled over with expired license will set u back a few grands after all court and impound fees are applied

common misconception, they're there to do their job and if you don't renew your license that's technically against the law to operate without a valid license.

So they were just doing their job, they probably don't have the time to hunt you down and take care of your responsibilities lol

Glad you figured out what was going on tho :thumbsup:

Leprechaun93 08-26-2012 02:43 PM

just be glad they didn't catch you driving without it and you were able to catch on to what was going on:thumbsup: I haven't renewed my license yet but i think its something we kind of just forget about. Dont think NY sends you a renewal though. Mine expires in 2014 on my birthday

The_Maniac 08-26-2012 03:45 PM

I got pulled over with an expired license (expired by about 2-3 weeks), trooper never noticed. I learned that following week, went and got it fixed.

THEN, this year, I could have SWORN my license was up for renewal in 2013, so about 2- weeks past it's expiration, me and some friends were talking about the concept and what do ya know, it's expired!! DOH! Two times I've done that.... lol