Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

My cars have been getting some unwanted attention lately

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 12:42 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default My cars have been getting some unwanted attention lately

So lately I've been seeing police cars inspecting my monte and mkz anywhere i go in many different counties too. They are always inspecting the cars while parked wither im at my apartment complex, work parking lot, jewel lot, my parents driveway i mean anywhere. So this got me worried, i decided to call my local court house this past Friday and found out why i been getting this attention!

My driver's license is been expired for 5 months and i didn't even know. And in Illinois it has the same penalties as driving with a suspended license and when a cop pulls up my license plate number on cars registered to me it shows that i have expired license. Anyways im going first thing Monday morning while i let my wife drive me to the dmv to renew it and stop the harassment i been getting from the police.

So this got me thinking,have you looked at when your driving license expires? Go check now and avoid future problems before they happen!

Old 08-26-2012, 02:12 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

In Michigan you get a renewal form in the mail when it gonna expire. Ours are good for 4 years and expire on our birthday.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In Ontario, Canada ours are good for 5 years I think. I'll have to look again. And it expires on our birthday.

Old 08-26-2012, 05:38 AM

Hi Habbibie,
Thanks for the reminder to check "DL"
I can't believe that law enforcement officers have that much time to attempt to catch you driving with a expired license, unless U R a person of interest for other reasons
Are there any unusal odor's coming from your rides ? LOL

Maybe they just like your Monte or your MKZ

Do you think paranoid people are following you ?
Oh, do you have any pic's of your MKZ ?
What model is yours ? Do you like it ?

Last edited by Space; 08-26-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Missouri are good for 6 years and expire on our birthday..
They check my at work all the time..

Old 08-26-2012, 11:14 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I have yet to have to re-new my license! But thanks for the reminder. I was unaware that police could do such things simply because your license was expired? Wonder if it's that way in all states? Seems kind of strange that they would start searching your vehicles. They were probably just hoping to see you on the road behind the wheel or just getting into the car because to them it would be major $$$, maybe No offense towards police but the harassment seems a bit out of line? It would be easier and less effort for them to just knock on your door once and give you a friendly reminder. Just my opinion though

Old 08-26-2012, 01:43 PM

Yea well police in the us don't function that way. They do want the public to fear them than rather befriend them. In other countries like Italy and England they would know on ur door and give a friendly reminder first. And yea getting pulled over with expired license will set u back a few grands after all court and impound fees are applied

Old 08-26-2012, 02:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Yea well police in the us don't function that way. They do want the public to fear them than rather befriend them. In other countries like Italy and England they would know on ur door and give a friendly reminder first. And yea getting pulled over with expired license will set u back a few grands after all court and impound fees are applied
common misconception, they're there to do their job and if you don't renew your license that's technically against the law to operate without a valid license.

So they were just doing their job, they probably don't have the time to hunt you down and take care of your responsibilities lol

Glad you figured out what was going on tho

Old 08-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

just be glad they didn't catch you driving without it and you were able to catch on to what was going on I haven't renewed my license yet but i think its something we kind of just forget about. Dont think NY sends you a renewal though. Mine expires in 2014 on my birthday

Old 08-26-2012, 03:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member

I got pulled over with an expired license (expired by about 2-3 weeks), trooper never noticed. I learned that following week, went and got it fixed.

THEN, this year, I could have SWORN my license was up for renewal in 2013, so about 2- weeks past it's expiration, me and some friends were talking about the concept and what do ya know, it's expired!! DOH! Two times I've done that.... lol

Quick Reply: My cars have been getting some unwanted attention lately