Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

More Toyota Problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 PM

ha yea, i make fun of one of my co-workers who drives a corolla. I keep telling her that Toyota in English means tow-me-away

Old 04-13-2010, 05:31 PM

toyota and honda can go to the junk yard i will bash every japanise car exept mazda because it is a ford product. mazda had ford come back out with the redesined torus with mazdas twin turbo 3.5 with there 6 speed that thing is freakin fast just plain unnaturall for a four door to go that fast with stock turbo. every japanise and euro cars can go to the junk yard exept for the big 3 and mazda. even though izuzu has a deal with gm with the colorado the i5 is the izuzu powertrain and bed cab except for the gm front lights

Old 04-13-2010, 05:41 PM

yea, i never have had a thing against mazda really.. i dont really hold a grudge against nissan either.. just no bad experiances with them

Old 04-14-2010, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
And if these same people knew how to control their car and put it in neutral or shut it off, they wouldn't go too fast and wreck when the accelerator stuck.
4-Sure Mod `Mike, but they are all out there on the highways with `us. One must always drive defensively 4-RealSure...Plus there's kid's (like `Space & Old Seniors `out there : ) LOL Be Safe...... It's a auto jungle out there : )

Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by monte07
toyota and honda can go to the junk yard i will bash every japanise car exept mazda because it is a ford product. mazda had ford come back out with the redesined torus with mazdas twin turbo 3.5 with there 6 speed that thing is freakin fast just plain unnaturall for a four door to go that fast with stock turbo. every japanise and euro cars can go to the junk yard exept for the big 3 and mazda. even though izuzu has a deal with gm with the colorado the i5 is the izuzu powertrain and bed cab except for the gm front lights
Mazda is no longer owned by ford. The 3.5 twin turbo is a ford design, not a mazda. Mazda was gone before the 3.5 came out. That being said, I still like mazdas, Im not a fan of some of their newer cars. I do like the CX-7 though with the 2.3 turbo. I also like the last body style mazdaspeed3 and mazdaspeed6.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:27 AM

Hi Mod `Matt,
Those MazdaSpeeds are bad little machines and the
2.3L Turbo for a 4 banger's are quick 4-Sure.
I still think Ford has a few shares in Mazda, but
they are slowly moving `out...
A few senior citz's have Mazda's, and they are
reliable rides.
My g/f had a Miata and it had over 200K miles on it
before we traded it. We ran the heck out of it,
and it kept on going....
I can't believe they are selling Volvo 2 China
There's a lot of Volvo's in my area. There's one older
gentleman that has a Volvo Wagon with AWD Turbo &
it kicks butt : )
FORD SELLS A PORTION OF ITS STAKE IN MAZDA; TWO COMPANIES WILL CONTINUE STRATEGIC RELATIONSHIP
  • Ford Motor Company said it will sell a portion of its ownership stake in Mazda Motor Corp., and the two companies will continue their successful strategic relationship. The ratio of Ford’s ownership of Mazda stock has been reduced from 33.4 percent to just over 13 percent.
  • The action is in line with Ford’s plan to strengthen its balance sheet and ensure it has the resources to fund its product-led transformation plan focusing on the Ford brand worldwide.
  • Under the new agreement, Ford and Mazda will continue their ongoing joint ventures, as well as the sharing of platforms and powertrains. Ford and Mazda’s nearly 30-year relationship has been and continues to be an effective way to utilize the resources of both organizations and maximize joint synergies.
  • The divestiture of Ford’s shares in Mazda will be accomplished both through the sale of shares to Mazda and the sale of shares to a group of Mazda’s strategic business partners.
DEARBORN, Mich., – Ford Motor Company today announced it has entered into an agreement to sell a portion of its stake in Mazda Motor Corp. and that the two companies will continue their successful strategic relationship that spans nearly 30 years.
In line with Ford’s plan to strengthen its balance sheet and ensure it has the resources to implement its product-led transformation plan focusing on the Ford brand worldwide, the company said it is reducing its stake in Mazda from 33.4 percent to just over 13 percent.
Under the agreement, the divestiture of Ford’s shares in Mazda will be accomplished both through the sale of shares to Mazda and the sale of shares to a group of Mazda’s strategic business partners. The sales of the Mazda shares will net Ford approximately $540 million.
“This agreement allows Ford to raise capital that will help fund our product-led transformation, and at the same time, allows Ford and Mazda to continue our successful strategic relationship in the best interest of both companies,” said Ford President and CEO Alan Mulally. “Ford will continue to focus on the Ford brand worldwide and deliver the products our customers really want and value.”
Ford and Mazda will continue their ongoing joint ventures, as well as the sharing of platforms and powertrains. Ford will remain Mazda’s largest shareholder and will maintain a seat on Mazda’s Board of Directors.
“The sale of Mazda shares by our partner, Ford, will not result in any change in Mazda’s strategic direction and we will continue to accelerate our product-led brand improvement and cost innovation initiatives,” said Mazda Chairman, President and CEO Hisakazu Imaki. “We will continue our strategic relationship through our ongoing joint ventures with Ford, as well as the sharing of platforms and powertrains.”