Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of September 2018

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 02:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning guys.

We've had some cool mornings this week - yesterday was 43 degrees when I headed out for work and today was 48. I'm still all messed up with the time change from our trip so I've been up and wide awake at 3-4am thus I've been getting to work super early (might as well).

Yeah me too! I'll be picking it back up from the dealership today. I guess that whole situation made me realize that I should invest in some maintenance that I've been putting off for several years - like the battery/cable, like the trans fluid change, like the brakes. I think the battery has been giving me issues because there was so much corrosion built up in the actual negative cable/sleeve that I don't think it was allowing the necessary charge through. I've just been so busy with buying and renovating two homes (home #2 still ongoing), getting married and going on some good vacations.
It has been Chilly here the last few days 50 Friday, 43 yesterday and today. Friday went on a 200 mile trip with some friends on a Junk Jaunt, they call it like a Garage sale you travel form town to town for.
Found some neat stuff, found some stuff that was high priced too. No body wanted to deal on stuff because it was the first day but the whole weekend was supposed to be wet and cold.

I saw your photo's from your Vacation that was really cool. How lucky and so much fun!!

I know what you mean about the maintenance. I used to travel with the Monte for my sales job and I was very faithful with getting preventative maintenance completed.
So last year the Low Coolant light kept coming on and I knew it wasn't Low so I thought about a Radiator flush and took it to the Chevy dealer for that, asked them to put in a new thermostat too.
So I thought it was really taking along time and I checked with the Service manger and he said they had just finished the Trans fluid Change, I am like what?
That had been done a few years ago and maybe a 1000 miles or so on that. So they didn't charge me. The service lady put in the wrong code when she wrote it up on the Computer.
They then did the Radiator flush and new Thermostat. The new Therm was $65.00 on the invoice. So they tried to reclaim some of the Trans Fluid change.
I am going to need to change out the Brakes and new Rotors ( the rotors still look pretty good the shop said they could just turn them) I said no, they checked the miles and asked me how many times I had done the brakes 190K and just once before. They said BS, I said no that's right. Brakes are the last thing I use, they just laughed don't think they believed it.
I think maybe the tie rod ends this year but I can handle that myself.
So I also went to the Last Fling til Spring this year, I didn't get anything.
I actually worked it as doing the Intimidator thing.
They let me park my Car close by and said they would tell the Judges I was there. But I never seen them so I would imagine they missed me. I must have taken pics with 500 people and another 500 just took shots of me. I never got a break from 12:noon to 5:30PM, it was nuts. It was a fun time but Hot, good thing I had more than one outfit along.

Old 09-30-2018, 03:21 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah... $65 thermostat is probably the record! So, y'know, the glass is half full - you got the record

Old 09-30-2018, 09:40 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile The bend over discount. No doubt.

Originally Posted by JuniorCar
Yeah... $65 thermostat is probably the record! So, y'know, the glass is half full - you got the record
The bend over discount. No doubt.
However this is the same Dealer that the owner himself gave us a 1997 Transport to drive after my wife totaled our other Van with a Train in 97 a few days before Christmas.
The new van we had for 2 weeks with no obligation to buy it. The insurance adjuster was on vacation and I had to wait for a settlement.
Then he let me have this 2010 Bumble Bee Camaro to drive in our local parade. then after he wanted to display it at the local Carshow and when I asked him if he just wanted me to take it back to the Dealership before I brought it down. He told me to enjoy it. So I am still slightly ahead of the game. See the photo's attached. Lol
But the last car we bought was the Equinox in 2013 this dealer had it. But the salesperson wasn't willing to deal. So the wife bought it out of town. They got it from the dealership here and sold it to us. Kind of a dumb thing. They should have just met the other guys price?

Attached Thumbnails Month of September 2018-my-bumblebee-15-.jpg   Month of September 2018-my-bumblebee-10-.jpg