Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Month of January 2019

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 06:56 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Arrow Month of January 2019

MCF Member's Blog
Month of January 2019

In memory of
Barbara Heinz "P343" • David Smith "STUMPMI" • "BUTCH49"

to our
Monte Carlo Family

The Monte Carlo Forum is a fun automotive family zone for owners
and enthusiasts of all generations of Monte Carlo.

This is a continuous Blog for the whole month. We are online 24/7.
Post and let us know how you are and what you have going on - car
related or not, any member can join our Blog conversation!

If you have NOT read the Monte Carlo Forum rules, please click the
link below and enjoy your Monte Carlo Forum experience.

Welcome & Forum Rules

Make a post and let us know that you checked in today! Please
welcome our new members to our Forum and Blog.

Any member can start the MCF Blog after midnight (12 am EST)
on any given 1st of the month. Just copy and change the month/yr
as needed.

(Check with Staff for any other changes to our Blog)

Thank You!

This month's Blog started by
06mistreSS

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 02-01-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 20 degrees this morning and a little freezing drizzle. Suppose to get some light rain/snow later this afternoon into the evening, generally <1".

Michigan Football lost to Florida 15-41 in the Peach Bowl on Saturday. Finishing 10-3, it's still a very disappointing end to Michigan's season with their final two games being blowout losses against Ohio State (L 39-62) and Florida (L 15-41). Michigan still shows #7 ranked but I expect them to fall out of the top-10 with the bowl game loss.

Michigan Basketball however is fairing much better at 13-0 and ranked #2. Their most recent game was a 74-52 win vs. Binghamton on Sunday.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:16 AM

Good day everyone, just stopped in to say howdy. Getting the spring fever hoping it comes soon so I can enjoy more car shows. I have some time off so I might un-cover the car and let the engine warm up and listen to the rumble while the battery charges. Have a great day everyone and lets get some pictures of them Monte's for the monthly contest's .

Old 01-03-2019, 09:16 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. Icy yesterday morning and again this morning. We got about 0.3” of sleet/snow last night. Our road was like a skating rink but luckily the main road was okay.

Speaking of spring, 76 days!

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-04-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. 24 degrees this morning - going up to 46 today, 44 tomorrow.

I recently got some new OEM replacement parts from the dealership for the Monte. I now have in my possession all new hood seals, hood bumpers, hood insulator and retainers, wiper arms and wiper arm caps. I also have my Thorley headers and black SS vinyl overlays. Depending on the weather, I’m hoping in March I can get the Monte out early for the exhaust work. That should also give me plenty of time to do the brake work which will include refinishing the calipers (red) and figuring out what I want to do with the caliper brackets (repaint, blast and polish or buy new). And I'll order my exhaust cutout once I determine placement and size needed after consulting the shop that'll be doing the work.

Countdowns - 44 days til Daytona - 75 days til spring - 127 days til Michigan Monte Carlo Club's Spring Meet (May 11 - yes we have a date )

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-04-2019 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:51 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Wow 2019 already?

I have been MIA for a few days. I was in Colorado Springs for the Christmas time and then I got home just before the big storm hit in Nebraska. Then the main PC I always use the Power pack went out on it. I have one ordered and it should be in soon.
The I-phone isn't showing the same design on the site as it did a few months back.
So I have fired up the laptop and should be able to work on the photo stuff from it.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy new year.
Keep the Faith and stay tuned !!

Old 01-08-2019, 06:30 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Hello MCF! Happy New Year. I have been away for a bit myself. We are finally back to normal after Christmas, New Years, and the end of deer season...it ended the 6th. I always take a few days off the last week and our hunt club ends the season with a big last day hunt and party. As usual we had a blast.

On a not as fun note the December snow storm we had dumped 12 inches of wet snow and ice on us. My portable car shed collapsed with the Monte under it. The insurance company wants to total it. I want to save it... not sure how its going to work out, they might let me buy it back. The whole thing kinda sucks. I like the car.

Well, hope to talk to yall soon with better news!

Old 01-09-2019, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

Originally Posted by GTHSS
Hello MCF! Happy New Year. I have been away for a bit myself. We are finally back to normal after Christmas, New Years, and the end of deer season...it ended the 6th. I always take a few days off the last week and our hunt club ends the season with a big last day hunt and party. As usual we had a blast.

On a not as fun note the December snow storm we had dumped 12 inches of wet snow and ice on us. My portable car shed collapsed with the Monte under it. The insurance company wants to total it. I want to save it... not sure how its going to work out, they might let me buy it back. The whole thing kinda sucks. I like the car.

Well, hope to talk to yall soon with better news!
That is today's trend to total them and get those new cars out in the mix.they probably won't give you much for it either. then they will use that claim to raise your rates for the next 5 years.

Old 01-09-2019, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
Talking

Well I finally got the computer back up and am able to use it with no issues yet. So yesterday we ran into Lincoln, NE the weather was sunny and around 50 degrees so I went out to my favorite U-Pull it yard. But they really didn't have much to choose from. Everything I looked at was picked over real bad of hit real hard. But it is always fun to look. Got some accessories for my Camera at best buy using an old credit that I found. That was a good thing.
Then made our way to Costco and picked up a few items. they put in an new and update Sheels store in Lincoln, NE that has a Ferris wheel in it. I was thinking about stopping there. However I was talking with a friend of mine and they made a purchase at this store before Christmas and on the invoice there was a Charge called a Parking Tax. As I understand it, this is a mall thing. So I will avoid any purchases there. I used to like to shop there but not for stupid charges like that. Nearly as much as sales tax they say.

Old 01-10-2019, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member

Good morning guys. So the cold all of a sudden set in... this morning feels like single digits and we have some pretty good banding and squalls of lake effect snow coming south across SE Michigan.

Originally Posted by GTHSS
On a not as fun note the December snow storm we had dumped 12 inches of wet snow and ice on us. My portable car shed collapsed with the Monte under it.
Wow, sorry to hear that. You guys got more snow in that one storm than what we've had in southern MI this entire winter season so far. 90% of the snow we have got this season was in November.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 01-10-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Month of January 2019